IGNORED

Henbury Gas and the imaginary incident

4 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I had 10 minutes to kill and looked him up on companies house, by the accounts he's filed ( and I'm no accountant) either its tax evasion, or his business isn't putting him in the upper eschelons of earners.

Anyone who has 'regulars' (his words, not mine) in a repair shop either has a customer with multiple devices, or they have been poorly repaired in the first place.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

The recently publsihed arrest / banning figures at their hovel in comparison to us makes me even more smug. 

Yes, I know, grow up! :innocent06:

Yeah!

It's growing up being taunted about our reputation of being thugs and delinquents and them being the all haloed, family club - and then seeing offence after offence from them (this latest stunt for example).  

They are not morally or ethically any better than us, per head, but seem to think they radiate divine purity.  

The deluded, blue few suffer from all manner of blind spots.  Their self-awareness is appalling.

Just now, WTFiGO!?! said:

Yeah!

It's growing up being taunted about our reputation of being thugs and delinquents and them being the all haloed, family club - and then seeing offence after offence from them (this latest stunt for example).  

They are not morally or ethically any better than us, per head, but seem to think they radiate divine purity.  

The deluded, blue few suffer from all manner of blind spots.  Their self-awareness is appalling.

Less than half our average attendance yet more arrest / banning orders would suggest, once again, we can claim the moral high ground. :)

OTIB

• Admin
17 minutes ago, cynic said:

It was a bit of a ramble from memory but basically asking for it to be pulled for "peoples safety" - not sure what that meant.

But the rapidity of it being pulled seconds after his request was telling. They couldn't wait to bin it.

I just cannot get my head round why it survived so long, as Tom said earlier, it wouldn't have lasted long on here.  The world is far too quick to invoke litigation now and forums can't take the risk.

39 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

The recently publsihed arrest / banning figures at their hovel in comparison to us makes me even more smug. 

Yes, I know, grow up! :innocent06:

I didn't know it had become that lob-sided.  Any link just to varify the claim, Junkie?  I'd hate there to be a lack of scrutiny in discrediting Bristol R*vers in any way.

50 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

To be fair if it had been posted the other way around I would have removed it on here after seeing posts from both club officials and the police. Otherwise I'd have been expecting a letter from rovers solicitors within a matter of days.  Mind you I'd have banned the poster as well as he risks not only himself but the hosts and the people who fund that forum.

Tomarse, if it had been the other way around and such a flawed story was posted (not that we'd stoop to such desperate measures), I would like to think that it would be self-policed and be scrutinised to the death before being accepted as true.  Let alone calling for an EP story on it a dozen posts in.  

We demonstrate the ability to think critically, it's a skill that seems sadly lost on those that are blinded by prejudice and hate.

45 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

The thing is that you might expect this had come from a naive, spotty faced teenager sat in the bedroom of his Mum's house jerking himself silly but it actually came from a grown man who only behaves like you might expect a naive, spotty faced teenager sat in his bedroom in his Mum's house jerking himself silly to behave.

That's what makes it all the more sad.  

The other thing is the posters who lapped it up, even calling for an EP report as well as the disrespect shown to people with learning disabilities and the authorities at large.

Bitterness and revenge can drive people to these pathetic lengths, this is not lowering myself Dolly, this is stating fact.  A concept they most definately can not comprehend!

When you say “they” I think you are referring to a very small number of fans on social media who are extremely bitter and comfort themselves by pretending all is well when every piece of evidence suggests something is wrong at Rovers. Mainstream fans with a balanced opinion have been driven away by hostility so it is left to eccentrics like me to use any platform available to expose the absurdity of the situation. And it really is absurd because once again City have come out on top because we have scored another own goal.

I think most OTIB posters know in their hearts that the vast majority of Rovers fans are just like the vast majority of City fans in their outlook and in the way they conduct themselves. It is just a pity that for the last ten years or so Rovers have suffered so badly from inadequate leadership and this has filtered down throughout the club ending up at fan level. Darrell Clarke aside, we are left with no one visibly in control, no one to enthuse and inspire us and no one of the calibre of Julie, Adam or Dolly to steer us clear of the kind of situation we witnessed here.

But the fight continues and God willing the day will come when we shall once again be able to compete with each other from a position of mutual respect.

9 minutes ago, bert tann said:

When you say “they” I think you are referring to a very small number of fans on social media who are extremely bitter and comfort themselves by pretending all is well when every piece of evidence suggests something is wrong at Rovers. Mainstream fans with a balanced opinion have been driven away by hostility so it is left to eccentrics like me to use any platform available to expose the absurdity of the situation. And it really is absurd because once again City have come out on top because we have scored another own goal.

I think most OTIB posters know in their hearts that the vast majority of Rovers fans are just like the vast majority of City fans in their outlook and in the way they conduct themselves. It is just a pity that for the last ten years or so Rovers have suffered so badly from inadequate leadership and this has filtered down throughout the club ending up at fan level. Darrell Clarke aside, we are left with no one visibly in control, no one to enthuse and inspire us and no one of the calibre of Julie, Adam or Dolly to steer us clear of the kind of situation we witnessed here.

But the fight continues and God willing the day will come when we shall once again be able to compete with each other from a position of mutual respect.

Go to bed Bert , you're obviously drunk.

59 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I had 10 minutes to kill and looked him up on companies house, by the accounts he's filed ( and I'm no accountant) either its tax evasion, or his business isn't putting him in the upper eschelons of earners.

Ha ha - what a great business! Company has 'negative reserves' (an accumulated loss over the years) which means he can't even pay himself a dividend.

35 minutes ago, bert tann said:

No offence Bert but that's just waffle.

If the toilet cleaner, a supporter or the owner of your club made unsubstantiated claims against this club, we would have reacted in the same way. All we've done is to use the contacts available to us to defend our club against a totally fabricated piece of crap from one of yours. Along with AdamB and Julie, we've shown the accuser to be just what he / she /it is, an attention seeking liar. I wouldn't care who it was TBH but would defend our club where I can and using all available tools. It just so happens that, this time, it came from a forum but it could have been anybody. Thankfully, it never made the press or it could have been a lot worse.

18 minutes ago, freezer said:

So to recap. Is Ian Duxbury(sp), AKA Henbury Gas, owner/worker at CJ Computers in W-o-T or owner/worker at Smart Computers, who have multiple stores?

The former by the looks of it. Smart computers is at a different address in Westbury. 

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

The former by the looks of it. Smart computers is at a different address in Westbury. 

Thanks. Knew that the owner of the various Smart Computers stores was gash but wasn't sure if the two were connected.

39 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Cheers!  Evidence good.

51 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Well thanks for enough definitive evidence for me that you are actually a gas head and not one us superbly taking the piss.  You have finally convinced me.

I take your point on board about your infrastructural situation.

I will add, most of my gas head associates in the physical world have been reasonable enough people that I have more or less enjoyed the company of.  Same with City.

Somehow though, collectively, individual fan bases have a certain psyche and philosophy.  You allure to it yourself in your damning of Asschat and the lack of free speech therein.  I have no problem with most gas heads I know but seeing you collectively blurting out Irene in the East End a few years ago and some nonsense about you actually getting a new ground triggered my confrontational side.

The cyber world and social media are set apart from the 'real' world in that people can post whatever they like and think it inconsequential.  The struggle of inhibitions are appeased.  Your man over there, Henbury Gas, has done just that.

I also feel that the aforementioned cyber world, although not truly representative of the real world, does in a nuanced way reflect the real world.  It is like the real world's shadow.  As it stands, your "minority" online do not represent the majority in the 'real world' very well at all.  

I can only presume that because they are the product of the system they have gone through then they actually do represent your club fairly accurately. 

I have respect for your final paragraph.  Real passion for your club.

22 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

They are pathetic scum the lot of them on that forum,

this is why they are tin pot and forever in our shadow, we don't resort to that kind of bullshit 

If ever there was a statement that summed them up perfectly, this is it...

36 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

They are pathetic scum the lot of them on that forum,

this is why they are tin pot and forever in our shadow, we don't resort to that kind of bullshit 

In fairness, having just had a little Read through their forum, there are some reasonable posters, but granted there are many many idiots.

It's just a shame that they've all been brainwashed by Wael. They'll learn eventually. 

14 hours ago, RumRed said:

You really are the biggest WUM in this place. If you don't understand how the accusation being made of an individual being the victim of ABH, within the ground, and the club ignoring it may be detrimental then god help you.

The forum it is posted on matters not, the truth does.  If this did happen then I would hope both the club and A&S would come down on the perpetrator like a ton of bricks, if it is a falsehood propagated through social media then I would expect the same.

I am a WUM? Grow up, this non story is as childish and badly worded, (almost as bad as your reply...) not at all worthy of getting worried about, but it does actually make us look what some other fans chant at us, how embarrassing? I had hoped that we had moved on  but apparently 'Ted's and 'Duffing Up' is still alive and well, I left all that carp in the play ground many years ago, and so should you.

Grow Up!

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

In fairness, having just had a little Read through their forum, there are some reasonable posters, but granted there are many many idiots.

It's just a shame that they've all been brainwashed by Wael. They'll learn eventually. 

How can you even consider it a viable story? If there was grounds for concern I guess the Police would have some interest in investigating? 

4 hours ago, RumRed said:

And here you go....

IMG_0092.PNG

"What a legend" for posting a made-up story about a disabled kid getting assaulted?

They really do have a fair few nasty, classless keyboard warriors over there. 

As for this Henbury Gas / Ian Duxbury loser...the posts I have read from him in the past lead me to believe he is nothing more than a lying, attention-seeker.

I was very well informed on the UWE development and the stuff I used to read from him, mostly trying to reassure his fellow thicko fans that "everything is going just fine", was in fact utter bullshit.  He was constantly saying that his sources told him the JR was nothing to worry about and the stadium would be going ahead.

His credibility is zero as far as I can see, yet the dumb arse inhabitants of Gas Shat continue to lap up everything he says.

Maybe we should be as pathetic as them and start a rumour about their fans headbutting taxis with away fans in outside the mem or punching horses or even threatening their own players after they were relegated to non league..........oh but wait those aren't rumours :facepalm:

Archived