IGNORED

Nicky Maynard off to Aberdeen

Die Hard Red

I saw a few Aberdeen fans on Twitter looking pretty pleased with their purchase, citing his goalscoring record in the Championship and his Premier League experience.

It's quite sad, really. That skiing accident where he was out for months with us seemed to be the last time he was ever Championship material. Ever since then, despite joining West Ham and Cardiff he's never seemed the same.

18 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

I saw a few Aberdeen fans on Twitter looking pretty pleased with their purchase, citing his goalscoring record in the Championship and his Premier League experience.

It's quite sad, really. That skiing accident where he was out for months with us seemed to be the last time he was ever Championship material. Ever since then, despite joining West Ham and Cardiff he's never seemed the same.

All 2 hours and 2 minutes of it? :laugh:

On a more northerly latitude than Moscow, Aberdeen was once found to be Britain's saddest city in a study conducted for the British Journal of Psychiatry. They don't get much sunlight over the winter up there, and loads of people are SAD. The place is grey and the winter lasts half the year.

So his kids will be SAD, lacking in Vitamin D and suffering from rickets (like their dad in front of goal), bloody cold but nicely spoken. 

Feel sorry for the guy, we're the club he has the most appearances by a country mile and because of the comments he made and the way he left he isn't of highest standard with many of us. Usually a footballer has one club he can go back to and be widely appreciated by fans, but Maynard hasn't got any.

3 minutes ago, Ashton Fred said:

Daughter has lived in Aberdeen for 10 years, not a bad city at all, and Derek has done well there. Good luck Nicky. 

Although I've never been there I've heard nothing but good things about Aberdeen. It is  is one of the richest cities in the UK I believe.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not good enough in the English league then. He should do ok up there in the shitty SPL.

Oi.

:redcard:

Are you trying to stir up Jock unrest. We put independence to bed - why stir it all up again, "Robbored"??

Just because they play each over four times a season and Celtic always win does not mean it is a 'shit' league .............

<_<

tfj

4 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Well they definitely won't be able to understand his Bristolian son up there. . . . :whistle:

Living 50 mile south and working out of Aberdeen i can say with utter confidence fit yee takking aboot min. Hi loon wi be takking a torry afore ye ken it

2 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Although I've never been there I've heard nothing but good things about Aberdeen. It is  is one of the richest cities in the UK I believe.

Its ok but on a grey damp day is really depressing . all the grey granite. And they have wasted all the oil money really. It could be amazing but isnt.

Archived