IGNORED

Wilbraham staying

pride of the west

16 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yes, and no.

I'm pretty sure they did meet there, and while the story was said that it was a chance meeting, I have heard to the contrary.

Wilbraham also spoke how Cotts kept checking up on him and his fitness.

IMO Cotterill had decided he wanted Wilbs but had some concerns re age and fitness.

There is an interview with one- cant remember whether Wilbs or Cotterill (probably the latter)- where it was said it wasnt really a chance meeting, but that it was a good story.

Thank you.I just write what I read but that's my weird agenda .

Ok, lots of opinions on here.

i don't have a problem offering a mixed playing / coaching / mentor / dj / Costa card holder contract.  I don't see him commanding as high a wage as previous seasons, but that's not my call.

Assuming he was gonna get an offer at a Wigan, Rotherham type club in League One, He'd gave to weigh up the money and the length against what he'd get here....along with the desire to play minutes.  So a balance of playing v finances.  No idea what he might consider important.  We may have untimely offered him more, or less....who knows.

Back to the football side of things.  Let's just say we predominantly go Djuric and Diedhiou as a pair, and the rest of the team / tactics / style is set up to suit those two.  What happens if Djuric gets injured soon after 1st September?  We have no similar player out of Taylor, Engvall, McCoulsky, or the 'forwards'.

I don't see him starting over Djuric, but why not rest him up and use Wilbs in the odd cup game.

Of course all of this might go out of the window should we sign another striker, although I think we have our 5.  Engvall' performances in Tenerife may dictate whether he's one of the 5.  If not, then we may see someone new.

5 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Thank you.I just write what I read but that's my weird agenda .

You posted 2 made up things as fact

1. The wage

2. That Wilbraham was about to retire.

Your post was rightly criticised.

Also as mentioned, Cotterill has said in the past that it wasn't a chance meeting. I did a brief search of "Dubai" on the forum and saw a post by another poster who referred to Cotterill saying as such.

So while the "chance meeting" story is nice and not actually made up by you, it is also wrong.

16 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You posted 2 made up things as fact

1. The wage

2. That Wilbraham was about to retire.

Your post was rightly criticised.

Also as mentioned, Cotterill has said in the past that it wasn't a chance meeting. I did a brief search of "Dubai" on the forum and saw a post by another poster who referred to Cotterill saying as such.

So while the "chance meeting" story is nice and not actually made up by you, it is also wrong.

No I never,I read that he was about to retire and if he has a playing contract next season what do you think he is on when the average wage is over 4grand.

2 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

No I never,I read that he was about to retire and if he has a playing contract next season what do you think he is on when the average wage is over 4grand.

I have no idea what he is on, which is why I am not making any claims about what his pay is.

I know the coaches are paid a lot less than the players, so it is likely his pay was reduced, but even that is speculation and I will not state that it has been reduced as a fact.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

I have no idea what he is on, which is why I am not making any claims about what his pay is.

I know the coaches are paid a lot less than the players, so it is likely his pay was reduced, but even that is speculation and I will not state that it has been reduced as a fact.

If his wife and kids live up in Salford he's not down here for the love of it.You,me and everybody else on here  love bcfc but to the staff it's just who pays the most.

2 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

If his wife and kids live up in Salford he's not down here for the love of it.You,me and everybody else on here  love bcfc but to the staff it's just who pays the most.

So that means you can make up what he is paid?

My brother is living in Britton Ferry, he wouldn't do that out of choice, so he must be on 4k a week too.

That is how this works, right?

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

My brother is living in Britton Ferry, he wouldn't do that out of choice, so he must be on 4k a week too.

**** me, Britton Ferry pay well.

Are they that short of strikers?

tfj

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

If he is a championship footballer where the average pay is 900 pound a day then ye

Archived