IGNORED

The Championships Leading Crosser 2016/17

cheshire_red

With 47 accurate crosses from open play David Cotterill, 5 more than Knockaert in second place.

I only saw him in two games but he was easily our best player in both. Only had the one poor game from the reports I read. Also tracked back and showed his experience plus great set piece delivery. If he is available at a realistic price I cannot understand why we would not be interested.

Because he started like a train and  ended up a disinterested pain in the main so I will refrain from going against the grain and saying he did not train but simply switched off his brain - it's that plain that he is on the wane.

7 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

With 47 accurate crosses from open play David Cotterill, 5 more than Knockaert in second place.

I only saw him in two games but he was easily our best player in both. Only had the one poor game from the reports I read. Also tracked back and showed his experience plus great set piece delivery. If he is available at a realistic price I cannot understand why we would not be interested.

Poor mans Beckham. 

Apart from his set plays and decent crosses he didn't bring much else.

Hes been released by Brum I think.

I agree, I'd sign him in a heart beat and if he can come into the team and affect certain matches, provide a few assists and more decent crosses along the way, then why not?

If he fades or loses steam, then he can be subbed or rested - no problem there for me.

It can be difficult to consistently affect the game for long periods playing out wide.

I was really impressed with some of his performances and disappointed with a few as well. His delivery (open play and set pieces) were streets ahead of anyone else in our team.

I'd like to think we can do better but I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Poor mans Beckham. 

Apart from his set plays and decent crosses he didn't bring much else.

Hes been released by Brum I think.

And, apart from roads, justice and sanitation, what did the Romans ever do for us??

Set plays and decent crosses has to be where most goals come from, so I'd go for those two even if not much else! 

I'm just surprised by the stats: yes he could deliver both, but never seemed to be doing so consistently. 

9 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Shit towards the end. 

No he wasn't.  Admittedly his form dipped a bit, after a fantastic first few games, but to sum him up as 'shit towards the end' is outrageous.  He played a very significant part in our recovery last season, and I doubt any player could keep up the form he showed early on for the rest of the season.  For what it's worth, I'd take him permanently.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

No he wasn't.  Admittedly his form dipped a bit, after a fantastic first few games, but to sum him up as 'shit towards the end' is outrageous.  He played a very significant part in our recovery last season, and I doubt any player could keep up the form he showed early on for the rest of the season.  For what it's worth, I'd take him permanently.

Yes he was, absoloute dogshit. There's a reason he got sent back early.

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

He was carrying an injury in his last few games wasn`t he?

Archived