IGNORED

Abdelhak Nouri - 20 year-old Ajax midfielder.

Tipps69

Collapsed with 20 minutes left of a friendly against Werder Bremen today, ambulance & helicopter on the pitch & he required CPR on the pitch.

Reports saying that he's in an induced coma after his heart stopped & is currently in hospital in a stable condition.

This sort of thing seems to be happening all to regularly lately.

Really hope the lad pulls through, 20 is no age to suffer from heart problems.

Unfortunately these things do happen in everyday life , not nice especially as a 20 year old. But if your going to have a heart attack Probaly playing a game of football for Ajax would be one of the better places to have one . What with all the medical proffesinals that surround football clubs these days.

I hope the guy pulls through but in all honesty his career as a pro footballer is over.

There's not enough pro-sport knowledge of where to begin looking when presented with supposedly young, fit sports people. Which is why it always comes as a surprise when those people collapse and, very often, die. I believe (I have no official data to back this up mind) that the majority of sports people who suffer from either cardiac or pulmonary problems have a genetic disorder that could have been diagnosed before they shook hands with the Reaper.

Whilst the number is probably small the trouble is that it only becomes apparent after the fact. Until there is screening for cardio/pulmonary problems and particularly inherited genetic ones we can expect more shocks like this or Tiote or many others.

I speak as one who suffers from a particular genetic disorder which, if I had been a pro footballer probably would have seen me dead before 30. Luckily I'm a lazy sod so managed to avoid that particular scenario. :banana:

Archived