IGNORED

The official Bristol Manor Farm FC v Bristol City FC pre-season friendly match day thread

Septic Peg

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Bizarre post, it's a community day and one of our more senior players was seemingly a bit unfriendly/reluctant. Whilst a minor issue in the scheme of things, it's important for the kids that players are friendly as they are really excited to meet their heroes. It also indicates perhaps, as alluded to earlier, that Flint's mind could be elsewhere. 

I would argue that on a community day/pre season friendly thing it is almost a 'right' that players get as many pictures with fans as possible and look happy to be doing it. They're paid an awful lot and it's about 3 seconds from their day.. but it's a picture that a young fan might cherish for a long time. 

No need to be so hostile about it. 

It's sooo Posh Spice .

" Take My chuffing picture will you ? "

IMG_1732.JPG

Just now, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Flint's had another falling out with Lee. Might explain but not excuse his surly attitude. Whilst he still plays for the club he has a duty to fans especially the youngsters.

Are you saying that you know this to be true, or just a guess as to why he might have been in a mood?

Just now, cynic said:

'ere we go...

I know, right?

God forbid a thread about an actual game of football is about the football, not some swabble.

On that point; hard as 45 mins against a non-league team can be for passing judgement, how did anyone there see Hinds or any of the other youngsters doing?

Good to see them involved, though imagine it's likely they'll go on loan.  But any stood out?

Just now, cynic said:

As my old man used to say "he's picked up a dog end and thinks he's got a fag"

You can claim it I think.

No point in engaging with that type - they just drag you down to their level of stupidity and then beat you with experience.

Be great if the Oxford English places OTIB as the origin in 5 years time. :fingerscrossed:

18 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Flint's had another falling out with Lee. Might explain but not excuse his surly attitude. Whilst he still plays for the club he has a duty to fans especially the youngsters.

When were the previous other fallings out if he's had 'another one'? And is this a fact? 

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Ok let me spell it out. Most people on here are not complete idiots and don't need to be told that having a good day at BMF is not necessarily a guide to how he may be in league games.

I asked if anyone there had any thoughts on how he played? Are you there do you have any thoughts on how he played?

Look, your post implied that you'd been told he was not good enough for the first team, but that him having a good half game today suggested that might not be the case. 

Truth is, we have no idea, based on a decent performance against BMF. 

Why get so shirty about having the blatantly obvious pointed out, in a very tongue in cheek manner..? 

Hopefully he'll be the next Ronaldo. I doubt it. He did well today but it's no indicator for the first team in a league game. 

Have a good evening. 

First 10 minutes were pretty even.

City controlled play but did nothing.

Then a goal just like yesterdays against Guernsey and Farm collapsed.

City played very well, but Manor Farm also played the worst I have ever seen. They subbed their star player during the first half- he was being beaten to everything by Flint and when he did win something he was playing flicks and passes to where a teammate would normally be making a run if they were using their normal 4-3-3. Problem is that they weren't.

One team playing well and another playing badly, compounded with a 6 division gap equals an 11 goal rout. 

IMO the only Manor Farm player to come away with any credit was Cox (number 7 I think, the bald guy with a beard).

Am genuinely surprised at the scoreline, but pleased with what I saw from City, albeit against inferior opposition.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

First 10 minutes were pretty even.

City controlled play but did nothing.

Then a goal just like yesterdays against Guernsey and Farm collapsed.

City played very well, but Manor Farm also played the worst I have ever seen. They subbed their star player during the first half- he was being beaten to everything by Flint and when he did win something he was playing flicks and passes to where a teammate would normally be making a run if they were using their normal 4-3-3. Problem is that they weren't.

One team playing well and another playing badly, compounded with a 6 division gap equals an 11 goal rout. 

IMO the only Manor Farm player to come away with any credit was Cox (number 7 I think, the bald guy with a beard).

Am genuinely surprised at the scoreline, but pleased with what I saw from City, albeit against inferior opposition.

James, you should know by now that a post of this nature should be prefixed by the words "Just got back. " so that we know that you've been there, seen it, bought the training top and arrived home safely. For future reference, please.

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

James, you should know by now that a post of this nature should be prefixed by the words "Just got back. " so that we know that you've been there, seen it, bought the training top and arrived home safely. For future reference, please.

Ah sorry, not yet got back, taking a break halfway.

As an addendum, one of Manor Farms staff is meeting me in the week so I can buy one of their "Farmy Army" scarves (not the half and half stuff they were peddling today) as a birthday present for my Dad. 

That better Rudolf?

Also it seems we interrupted an argument. As you were chaps :yawn:

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Di Girolamo seems to be mentioned a lot?

Anyone there got ant thoughts?

Very tricky with the ball, quite greedy too, but not afraid to shoot.

Think he got a brace in the end, but missed a couple of good chances and shot when he could have played people in.

Bright prospect, but decision making while on the pitch may be lacking.

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Hinds. Looks impressive 

Agreed.

Was at the other end of the pitch and had to struggle for a good view in the first half, but from what I could see his movement was good and his shooting was decent.

I'd be happy for him to get game time in the cups this season.

20 minutes ago, Fishponds_Red said:

When were the previous other fallings out if he's had 'another one'? And is this a fact? 

There were so many rumours during the bad run last season that AF was peeved, they must have had some substance. Things were seemingly resolved and he got back to form at both ends of the pitch.

Im just guessing that the bad blood has returned and there are plenty of reasons why that could be - possibly he wants a move and he's annoyed that City don't want to accept a bid. Maybe he doesn't like the pre-season methodology of LJ JM DH. Maybe he's getting homesick and doesn't want to go on the training camp. 

Perhaps this Wycombe trialist is his replacement in the squad. Would make sense as he's right footed and we could move BW to Flint's spot with the Wycombe lad and TM as backup.

I know nothing concrete but if AF's usually sunny disposition has changed to the extent we've heard about today there must be a damn good reason. For me 2+2+2 could likely equal six here - a £6m move to Derby.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Ah sorry, not yet got back, taking a break halfway.

As an addendum, one of Manor Farms staff is meeting me in the week so I can buy one of their "Farmy Army" scarves (not the half and half stuff they were peddling today) as a birthday present for my Dad. 

That better Rudolf?

Also it seems we interrupted an argument. As you were chaps :yawn:

Travel safely then James. I deliberately tried to steer the thread away from fellow supporters finding things to argue with each other about after an 11-0 away win on a beautiful, sunny summer afternoon. I think I'm pushing water up hill tbh but it's worth a try.

4 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

There were so many rumours during the bad run last season that AF was peeved, they must have had some substance. Things were seemingly resolved and he got back to form at both ends of the pitch.

Im just guessing that the bad blood has returned and there are plenty of reasons why that could be - possibly he wants a move and he's annoyed that City don't want to accept a bid. Maybe he doesn't like the pre-season methodology of LJ JM DH. Maybe he's getting homesick and doesn't want to go on the training camp. 

Perhaps this Wycombe trialist is his replacement in the squad. Would make sense as he's right footed and we could move BW to Flint's spot with the Wycombe lad and TM as backup.

I know nothing concrete but if AF's usually sunny disposition has changed to the extent we've heard about today there must be a damn good reason. For me 2+2+2 could likely equal six here - a £6m move to Derby.

Well if that's not proof then I don't know what more this forum wants! :yawn:

4 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Travel safely then James. I deliberately tried to steer the thread away from fellow supporters finding things to argue with each other about after an 11-0 away win on a beautiful, sunny summer afternoon. I think I'm pushing water up hill tbh but it's worth a try.

It's quite a nice change for me to not be one of the ones arguing if I'm honest!

One thing that made me laugh during the game is that whatever Frankie shouted to Pisano, he would do the opposite

Frankie shouts "stay there, don't move"

*Pisano jogs halfway across the pitch*

Frankie screams "run, use the space" 

*Pisano passes the ball infield*

Manor Farm goal kick after we attack, Frankie is screaming at Pisano to run back

*Pisano has a relaxed walk back*

9 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

So you've stated  that your guessing and also you have nothing concrete so in other words you've made it up . It's people like you that start all the shit stirring .*******  Fantasist 

10 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Thanks.  Read your 1st 2 paragraphs and realised you made it up. 

Archived