IGNORED

Golbourne

Bs4Red

1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Think he will be on his way, seems just to be squad filling at the moment.

tbf to Scott I don't think he's been treated particularly fair by Little Lee.  Always one of the first to be dropped or subbed while the likes of Joe Bryan got away with murder last season with some really poor performances.  Also he had games where he had the lazy and wandering Tomlin in front of him which was bound to leave him exposed and open to criticism.

1 hour ago, Bullbag said:

Joe Bryan is no better, so i'd suggest we need a new left back.

I think Hordur should be given a chance there.

Why start playing players out of position again? As for SG been poor since he came back needs to be moved on

For me, we drastically need a new Hartley or Cisse, somebody who can win the ball in front of the defence, give protection and then get the ball forward. If SG could be made into that, fine. As others have said though it does seem like it's being done to give him game time and allow JB and LK to be used at LB.

9 minutes ago, Super said:

Why start playing players out of position again? As for SG been poor since he came back needs to be moved on

The first few games back I thought he looked pretty good, but after a decent number of games I got why wolves were happy to off-load him. I imagine he's got this season left on his contract so I don't see him willing to go until the Jan transfer window, and if he's very lucky a champ side will be desperate for LB cover.

6 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

For me, we drastically need a new Hartley or Cisse, somebody who can win the ball in front of the defence, give protection and then get the ball forward. If SG could be made into that, fine. As others have said though it does seem like it's being done to give him game time and allow JB and LK to be used at LB.

Hegeler?

Bryan isn't defensively savvy enough for me; Mags... well, LJ doesn't seemingly fancy him as a left back; Kelly has zero first team minutes so no idea how good he'd be; Golbourne got dropped more times than a greased up ice cube last season - basically; think we need a new option there, unless one of these guys mentioned here radically improves or is given a chance when they weren't before.

That position was a weak link for us last year; hope we can get it sorted so the likes of O'Dowda can play more of an attacking wide role.

On 2017-7-9 at 22:14, Portchy said:

Am I the only one who thinks that he's one of the reasons why we stayed up last season? (15/16 to not cause confusion)

I definitely agree with this. It was nice to actually have a proper LB since we made the stupid decision to let Cunningham go, and from his interviews you could tell that Scott was a man that really wanted to be back here. had unfinished business, and was willing to assist the project in any way he could, even if this involved taking a squad rotation role at times. He was never meant to be the long term solution but he was a very useful signing in 15/16 that helped stabilise the ship

Archived