IGNORED

Lee Tomlin

City Mike

37 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Brilliantly put!

Personally gutted as LT is an undoubted talent and should be staying with us. 

The same "old" with the Johnson's 

Dad couldn't handle Lee Trundle

Son couldn't handle Lee Tomlin

You watch Lee Tomlin going and rip the Championship a brand new arsehole this season

I do worry about our lot at times and this definitely shows up a weakness in our current manager 

Who has got the best out of Lee Tomlin? How many players in English football are there of his ilk? In Europe?

This regista trequartista deep lying number ten or whatever it is Tomlin attempts is a truly rare breed. The truth is in this day and age systems and team ethic are more important even for the truly special players who themselves adapt to fit into teams.

Personally I wondered what an earth he was doing here looking at the players in the squad and Mr Johnson ideas about high tempos , pressing etc ... An opinion is that Lee Tomlin will struggle everywhere regardless of Lee Johnson

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

That's the one. One of the best football books I've read. Allerdyce's is also good.

Agree. I read it really quickly. I also believe that managing Tomlin will not be too difficult (if he signs of course) as he describes in detail how he managed and got the best out of Adel Taarabt.

Also a good read about the Freddie Sears 'ghost' goal. 

2017-07-12 15.08.55.jpg

9 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

IF Tomlin signs for Cardiff, LJ,& MA will loose all respect from Bristol City fans, well especially those who wanted him out last season.

Why? Because they are selling on a player who the fans all wanted to sign and then proceeded to play poorly for large majorities of the season? 

Our season improved when Tomlin was dropped to the bench and we started playing Paterson instead.

14 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Who has got the best out of Lee Tomlin? How many players in English football are there of his ilk? In Europe?

This regista trequartista deep lying number ten or whatever it is Tomlin attempts is a truly rare breed. The truth is in this day and age systems and team ethic are more important even for the truly special players who themselves adapt to fit into teams.

Personally I wondered what an earth he was doing here looking at the players in the squad and Mr Johnson ideas about high tempos , pressing etc ... An opinion is that Lee Tomlin will struggle everywhere regardless of Lee Johnson

We will see

He will flourish under Warnock

2 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

The best players in the world can be difficult

Think about it. Loads names

Quality players managed by good strong managers 

The latter it seems Lee Johnson is not 

Tammy has had a better season at 18 than Tomlin will ever have. 

Attitude will take you a lot further than talent alone. 

'He can't handle a big player' is such a nonsense argument. I suppose Eddie Howe is also a weak manager not got enough to grace Tomlin with his management?

16 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

Agree. I read it really quickly. I also believe that managing Tomlin will not be too difficult (if he signs of course) as he describes in detail how he managed and got the best out of Adel Taarabt.

Also a good read about the Freddie Sears 'ghost' goal. 

2017-07-12 15.08.55.jpg

Thanks for that. Best laugh I've had in ages remembering that day :laugh: 

1 minute ago, Dolman Block B said:

The thing is with Lee Tomlin the debate could go on forever

If he fails at Cardiff there will be many smearking and laughing this side of the bridge

If he's successful then what a @@@@ Lee Johnson will look 

Why will he look like a @@@@ ?

I don't think he's ever said that he's not a very talented player, has he? 

Plenty of players move on from one club to another. Some do better, some don't. That's football. 

9 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

The thing is with Lee Tomlin the debate could go on forever

If he fails at Cardiff there will be many smearking and laughing this side of the bridge

If he's successful then what a @@@@ Lee Johnson will look 

I don't think that's exactly true. It would totally depend on how our season is going. If we have a terrible season and Tomlin is on top form then you may be right. But if we're having a great season it doesn't really matter how well Tomlin is or isn't doing. 

17 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

The best players in the world can be difficult

Think about it. Loads names

Quality players managed by good strong managers 

The latter it seems Lee Johnson is not 

I understand your point but you are basically saying Lee Johnson hasn't been able to manage Tomlin so this demonstrates he isn't a good manager.

Would you say Eddie Howe isn't a good manager?

Also you mentioned Gary Johnson - who during that same period with Trundle took us 1 game away from the Prem.

If I'm honest it seems your using Tomlin's lack of desire to blame Lee.

17 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Why will he look like a @@@@ ?

I don't think he's ever said that he's not a very talented player, has he? 

Plenty of players move on from one club to another. Some do better, some don't. That's football. 

Would love to bring this comment back up for he scored a brace here for Cardiff 

He would totally respect the fans and not throw it in our faces but I'm sure Mr Johnson would be grinned at up closely 

2 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Would love to bring this comment back up for he scored a brace here for Cardiff 

He would totally respect the fans and not throw it in our faces but I'm sure Mr Johnson would be grinned at up closely 

Sadly that just sums up the mentality of a lot of our fans tbh. 

33 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

Why overreaction? 

You said the majority of fans will loose respect for LJ and MA. That's an overreaction. 

I think most will actually agree with this decision, I know this is only a forum but it looks like 85% of fans are happy with Tomlin going.

Those who have lost respect were already in the LJ out camp and just using this as another excuse to bash LJ.

1 minute ago, Dolman Block B said:

Go on?

The post says Tomlin would show us 100% respect

What's that to do with mentality?

I was referring to the fact that you said you'd love to bring this post up when he scores against us just to prove your point. 

Lots of assumptions made by fans about 'whose fault' the situation is but as far as I can tell very little actual facts to support the arguments?

7 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

If you buy someone for £3m he is a key player, someone you build your team around. Someone you have to man manage.

I dissagree - in this league now it appears that 3m is the asking price of an average player.

We sold Akinbiyi for 3.5m nearly 20 years ago.

Teams are paying 12m+ for players to build teams around.

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

If you buy someone for £3m he is a key player, someone you build your team around. Someone you have to man manage.

Ludicrous, he was bought to be a key player sure. It turned out he clearly wasn't key as we stayed up essentially without him. Theres no necessity to man manage anyone, if they're toxic or not pulling their weight then you can get rid.

Archived