IGNORED

Lee Tomlin

City Mike

3 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

3 players in a squad of how many?Tammy is a freak and not even ours, Brownhill and Pack do me favour, couple of goals between them all year hardly pulling up trees.

Bryan, Little, Tomlin, Magners, to a certain extent Flint, Smith, Oniel, frankie, hegeler, Wright... all gone backwards. Taylor couldn't hit a barn door despite scoring for fun at rovers. Paterson clearly capable but spent most of the season on the bench, sold freeman..... dont get me started on engval. 

I'm asking the genuine queation who is thriving under johnsons leadership? 

If you don't like my posts thats fine, im as antiJohnson as you will find on here and make no excuses for the fact i think hes a poor leader, poor coach and will continue to question his ability until im convinced otherwise.

You really expect a big squad to improve after a poor season? He's not ours but we trained him and played him over the season and he improved under us but I guess that's just Tammy and nothing to do with coaching. They aren't goal scoring midfielder though are they? Pack's job is to get on the ball and look for passes which from the last few months of the season he looked better than he had before. Brownhill not pulling up trees? He's playing in a new position that he never played before and he's been linked with Prem clubs?

Wright and Hegeler gone backwards? In 4-5 months? Wright has been one of our standout players since coming in. Taylor came into a new division, system and team and was deployed in a deeper role where scoring opportunities aren't as frequent. Plus Rovers fans said his link up play , work rate and passing were terrible, but that seems to have changed based on his assists and what I've seen? What happened there then? Freeman was sold as he had 6 months left on his contract and refused a new one, and most people on here said he wasn't cut out for this division.

You don't need to state your anti-Johnson it's impeccably clear by the crap you spout.

25 minutes ago, MarkRed! said:

Lee Tomlin helped us to stay in the division with some majestic displays when we were in real trouble. Problem is that last season he was a passenger. He looked unfit and was not the influence he was. In fact, he was a liability.  I am sure there is a "class player" in there but he did not do it for me and plainly given the number of clubs he has had, he cannot settle and falls out with the management. Good deal to get rid. If it is true and we have sold him for 2.9 million then that is silly money. We get what we paid for him and remove a large earner from the payroll. No brainer for me and he wont improve Cardiff if he performs as he did. He simply did not deliver when it mattered and we actually played better as a result without him. A real shame. I for one say thank you Lee for what you did and good luck. 

No he didn't. If anyone gets the 'really helped us stay up' medal it's Jamie Paterson. 

45 minutes ago, WRERE said:

You really expect a big squad to improve after a poor season? He's not ours but we trained him and played him over the season and he improved under us but I guess that's just Tammy and nothing to do with coaching. They aren't goal scoring midfielder though are they? Pack's job is to get on the ball and look for passes which from the last few months of the season he looked better than he had before. Brownhill not pulling up trees? He's playing in a new position that he never played before and he's been linked with Prem clubs?

Wright and Hegeler gone backwards? In 4-5 months? Wright has been one of our standout players since coming in. Taylor came into a new division, system and team and was deployed in a deeper role where scoring opportunities aren't as frequent. Plus Rovers fans said his link up play , work rate and passing were terrible, but that seems to have changed based on his assists and what I've seen? What happened there then? Freeman was sold as he had 6 months left on his contract and refused a new one, and most people on here said he wasn't cut out for this division.

You don't need to state your anti-Johnson it's impeccably clear by the crap you spout.

We clearly have widely differing opinions on the quality of our playing and coaching staff. 

You've got a lot of reasons justifying an incredibly poor season, we need to demand more, these are highly paid people, it aint all rosey in the garden. 

You keep papering over the cracks and i'll keep spouting my crap.

24 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Who cares, im just gutted that a guy who could put smiles on fans at Ashton Gate with undoubted talen is off to those .............................................kers

he did when he first came but half way through last season he became a bore

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

3 players in a squad of how many?Tammy is a freak and not even ours, Brownhill and Pack do me favour, couple of goals between them all year hardly pulling up trees.

Bryan, Little, Tomlin, Magners, to a certain extent Flint, Smith, Oniel, frankie, hegeler, Wright... all gone backwards. Taylor couldn't hit a barn door despite scoring for fun at rovers. Paterson clearly capable but spent most of the season on the bench, sold freeman..... dont get me started on engval. 

I'm asking the genuine queation who is thriving under johnsons leadership? 

If you don't like my posts thats fine, im as antiJohnson as you will find on here and make no excuses for the fact i think hes a poor leader, poor coach and will continue to question his ability until im convinced otherwise.

Fair play you have nailed your colours to the mast . Reading this post I agree with bits but not all. Time will tell . We have a few that I'm not convinced about and that includes the manager. I think players are over coached these days and the game overthought 

2 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Dont agree. We survived last season and will do this season. The players have been here one season in this leauge. LJ knows where to play them. We got an new Rb, fw, and Hegeler, Odowda Brownhill and many others. Think we will do midtable. Many of the other teams are not better than City. Think our squad looks good. Looking forward. Coyr!!!

This is what gets me,we live in the 5/6biggest city in England,A great 75per cent new stadium.A owner falling over his wedge and about 20 million from the sale of players to spend and yet were all talking about surviving all the time.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Could easily be nonsense. 

Let's hope so. I enjoy watching Lee Tomlin. He's one of the few, maybe only player that excites me when watching him play. 

He can do things on the ball that no one else can at the club. And yet, LJ and himself don't see eye to eye, so he has to go. Absolutely pathetic. 

Selling to our local rival, for a fairly minimal fee (in today's market) doesn't impress me at all. 

Seems like I'm in the minority, but I would be extremely unhappy and sad to see him go if he does. 

Just now, shelts said:

Fair play you have nailed your colours to the mast . Reading this post I agree with bits but not all. Time will tell . We have a few that I'm not convinced about and that includes the manager. I think players are over coached these days and the game overthought 

I agree about the over thinking, over coaching comment. Its players like lee tomlin i don't think needed telling what to do just let them play.

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

If he doesn't go, is there anyway back for him?

Clearly he divides opinion as the two threads on the subject suggest.

Good question. Fans have been more divided as the season went on . Personally I think he's definitely going. If not Cardiff somewhere else. My thinking in that . MA in an interview a month ago or so. Said we would see more of Bobby Reid. Last night LJ said in his post match interview. Bobby Reid can play 10 . I thought then Tomlins position and number. I think Tomlin has been told he can move on at the end of last season. IMO

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Good question. Fans have been more divided as the season went on . Personally I think he's definitely going. If not Cardiff somewhere else. My thinking in that . MA in an interview a month ago or so. Said we would see more of Bobby Reid. Last night LJ said in his post match interview. Bobby Reid can play 10 . I thought then Tomlins position and number. I think Tomlin has been told he can move on at the end of last season. IMO

He means ten as a position not a squad number 

Just now, RedDave said:

He means ten as a position not a squad number 

I know that Dave . But it was just my thinking. And the lack off lee Tomlin last night. In action. Or talked about why he didn't take part . Just added fuel to my thought process. Hopefully LJ will be asked the question tonight 

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If he doesn't go, is there anyway back for him?

If he doesn't go, and we lose our first 8 or 9 league games (even if by just the one goal, each time) and - difficult as it is too imagine this - our benevolent majority share holder, in a moment of impulsive madness, opts to fire our highly thought of head coach (for "undisclosed" reasons), I can see a way back for him. But other than this, no. There's no way.

8 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I agree about the over thinking, over coaching comment. Its players like lee tomlin i don't think needed telling what to do just let them play.

I don't think we ever set up to his strengths and asked him to do stuff that was alien to him, we did the same with Trundle and Stewart , these Types of players are a dying  breed . All about being athletes now and checking how much they've run 

3 minutes ago, shelts said:

I don't think we ever set up to his strengths and asked him to do stuff that was alien to him, we did the same with Trundle and Stewart , these Types of players are a dying  breed . All about being athletes now and checking how much they've run 

Fans want to see Cantonas not Milners

Archived