IGNORED

Lee Tomlin

City Mike

Would Lee Johnson please kindly go? I can't hack another season with him in charge if these are scenes to come. Selling our most talent player to a championship rival, but Cardiff? 

You can bet your last penny he'll score a worldie against us to win the game and he'll be laughing along with Warnock.

If you can't manage LT, then don't buy him. 

7 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Would Lee Johnson please kindly go? I can't hack another season with him in charge if these are scenes to come. Selling our most talent player to a championship rival, but Cardiff? 

You can bet your last penny he'll score a worldie against us to win the game and he'll be laughing along with Warnock.

You do realise that IF Johnson has deemed LT surplus to requirements, that he has zero say in where he goes, right?

And are there any actual facts to back up this 'can't manage him' stuff that I keep seeing? 

Would be more than happy to see him go for the £2-3m suggested....if the story is true.  Would free up wages too.

I've posted too often about LT to go back over it again.

Despite the above, he's scored the best goal I've seen at the Gate, and shown other flashes that make you purr.  I'll thank him for that, but I don't feel hypocritical that I'm pleased he's going (if true).  I'll wish him the best, nothing against him personally.

8 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

If we only appointed managers who can get the best out of flawed and difficult players like Lee Tomlin we'd have a tiny pool to choose from.

I think this is the right decision. He's either our first or second highest earner, he was on the bench most of the time, rumoured fall outs AND if the rumours are true we've recouped our outlay anyway.

For Tomlin's wages we could afford two first team players. Flashes of brilliance simply aren't enough for the fee and wages he cost. Good decision to get rid now. He's only going to depreciate in value and if he's unhappy he'll be a disruption.

As I said earlier, his "off the field" issues swayed the club in wanting rid, the club can't decide who wants to take him on, if we got something around the 2mill mark I say that's a good bit of business and frees up a lot of wages and I don't think he will last 6 months under Warnock

54 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Await to be slaughtered but I'm with you 

26 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

He couldn't manage a shag in a brothel..

So that's a no on the facts then? Eddie Howe also a poor manager presumably because he wanted to move Tomlin on?

There's plenty to criticise LJ on but this endless regurgitation of 'he can't manage a big player' is just baseless? 

Tammy has already achieved more than Tomlin here and is a much 'bigger' player in terms of their career paths.

Unarguable that we were a better team once we stopped endlessly trying to accommodate a lazy, selfish and half interested player. 

26 minutes ago, weepywall said:

As I said earlier, his "off the field" issues swayed the club in wanting rid, the club can't decide who wants to take him on, if we got something around the 2mill mark I say that's a good bit of business and frees up a lot of wages and I don't think he will last 6 months under Warnock

Haven't read the whole thread - what off the field issues? 

Odd reaction from some. Tomlin of two seasons ago a great loss Tomlin of last season not so. Difficult to accommodate in style LJ seems to want to play so if he goes best we get the highest bid we can no matter which club. The two arrivals so far this window indicate club means business so happy to wait and see what else is in store with or without. 

2 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

This is what gets me,we live in the 5/6biggest city in England,A great 75per cent new stadium.A owner falling over his wedge and about 20 million from the sale of players to spend and yet were all talking about surviving all the time.

Birmingham is the second biggest City in England, Aston Villa. Citys money is peanuts compare to Villas. Think they bought players for more than 30 mill. Result- midtable. Brighton, Hudds, Swansea, Bournemouth made it to pl. Yes, we avoid relegation last year and I think we will be better this season. Its about the whole structure I think. We are not yet an establshed Club in this leauge. Derby, Leeds, Norwich, Reading and so on. We got an rich owner, new stadium, bigger crowds, young manager and so on. Think we have the potential to be a top Club in this division in 2-3 years. Last season I hoped for top six, optimistic and heart. This is a very difficault leauge, most of the teams want top six. See the whole thing like building a house. Do it right fr.o.m. the beggining and no hurry. Think SL and City are on the right track. Talking about Tomlin, our best player, the Club is always bigger then one player. Time will tell but Im looking forward as a City fan. Coyr!!!

52 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So that's a no on the facts then? Eddie Howe also a poor manager presumably because he wanted to move Tomlin on?

There's plenty to criticise LJ on but this endless regurgitation of 'he can't manage a big player' is just baseless? 

Tammy has already achieved more than Tomlin here and is a much 'bigger' player in terms of their career paths.

Unarguable that we were a better team once we stopped endlessly trying to accommodate a lazy, selfish and half interested player. 

He cannot manage players, that was my point. But if you can't manage characters like Tomlin, then why buy him?

It's staggering how much LJ has wasted on players and yet he's still breaking transfer records. 

1 hour ago, weepywall said:

As I said earlier, his "off the field" issues swayed the club in wanting rid, the club can't decide who wants to take him on, if we got something around the 2mill mark I say that's a good bit of business and frees up a lot of wages and I don't think he will last 6 months under Warnock

Go on then, I'll bite as you've been keen to mention it twice. What are these "off the field" issues?

Excuse my ignorance if it's common knowledge though

10 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Birmingham is the second biggest City in England, Aston Villa. Citys money is peanuts compare to Villas. Think they bought players for more than 30 mill. Result- midtable. Brighton, Hudds, Swansea, Bournemouth made it to pl. Yes, we avoid relegation last year and I think we will be better this season. Its about the whole structure I think. We are not yet an establshed Club in this leauge. Derby, Leeds, Norwich, Reading and so on. We got an rich owner, new stadium, bigger crowds, young manager and so on. Think we have the potential to be a top Club in this division in 2-3 years. Last season I hoped for top six, optimistic and heart. This is a very difficault leauge, most of the teams want top six. See the whole thing like building a house. Do it right fr.o.m. the beggining and no hurry. Think SL and City are on the right track. Talking about Tomlin, our best player, the Club is always bigger then one player. Time will tell but Im looking forward as a City fan. Coyr!!!

I don't think we are on the right track very far from it.what gives us more potential than other teams in 2 to3 years time.I may upset people on here but I don't think jon lansdown should have so much say so .I know he has a degree in tourism but that's like having a degree in going on holiday.It never got out why Mark Ashton had to leave his post so fast at Watford,these are the two people we are putting are trust in

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

If he doesn't go, is there anyway back for him?

Clearly he divides opinion as the two threads on the subject suggest.

Definitely. If he was to stay, play Saturday and have a good game many of the "thanks for the memories" not bothered people in the various threads on here will be saying how good he is going to be this season.

Many city fans are only surpassed by Geordies for their fickeness !!

17 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

He cannot manage players, that was my point. But if you can't manage characters like Tomlin, then why buy him?

Where has the can't manage 'fact' come from though? So every player that moves on is because a manager 'can't manage' them? Or maybe they're just not a good fit for the club.

Tammy at 18 is twice the player Tomlin will ever be and he managed him just fine so that kind of undermines the 'can't manage' thing. As does a young talented player like Brownhill choosing to come here having already been managed by 'can't manage players' Johnson.

So as Bournemouth chose to move him on, then that means Eddie Howe can't manage players too?

We bought him because he had a staggeringly good loan spell as you well know. It's almost like he was on his best behaviour trying to earn a big fat signing bonus....

But no doubt, no blame could ever be apportioned to poor hard done by Tommo! Bottom line is he's been lazy, selfish and failed to deliver despite constant attempts to accommodate him. 

Just now, Neo said:

Definitely. If he was to stay, play Saturday and have a good game many of the "thanks for the memories" not bothered people in the various threads on here will be saying how good he is going to be this season.

Many city fans are only surpassed by Geordies for their fickeness !!

If he stays and plays well into December I'll change my mind, a friendly with the window open, not so much.

14 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Go on then, I'll bite as you've been keen to mention it twice. What are these "off the field" issues?

Excuse my ignorance if it's common knowledge though

I think it's common knowledge that Tomlin had some 'issues in his personal life' last season as LJ mentioned this in interviews, but I've not seen it said anywhere what these were. Sounds like weepywall has. I still hope he stays with us and gets back to his best. He's certainly looking v trim in the photos I've seen. 

10 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

I don't think we are on the right track very far from it.what gives us more potential than other teams in 2 to3 years time.I may upset people on here but I don't think jon lansdown should have so much say so .I know he has a degree in tourism but that's like having a degree in going on holiday.It never got out why Mark Ashton had to leave his post so fast at Watford,these are the two people we are putting are trust in

What input does Jon Lansdown have that he shouldn't?  He doesn't scout players, he doesn't pick the team? He doesn't set the budgets as far as I'm aware or does he?  What JL studied his degree in is completely irrelevant.  I think Ashton has done a decent job, he's made some strong championship signings whilst working within financial boundaries.  He also did well with recruitment when he was working as a consultant.  The club is generally in a much better place than it was say 5 years ago, Rome wasn't built in a day!  There seems to be a lot of people who have completely unrealistic expectations.  Personally I hope LT stays but if he goes he goes, losing Kodjia last year was far worse but business is business and they are looking after the clubs best interests.  

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Where has the can't manage 'fact' come from though? So every player that moves on is because a manager 'can't manage' them? Or maybe they're just not a good fit for the club.

Tammy at 18 is twice the player Tomlin will ever be and he managed him just fine so that kind of undermines the 'can't manage' thing. As does a young talented player like Brownhill choosing to come here having already been managed by 'can't manage players' Johnson.

So as Bournemouth chose to move him on, then that means Eddie Howe can't manage players too?

We bought him because he had a staggeringly good loan spell as you well know. It's almost like he was on his best behaviour trying to earn a big fat signing bonus....

But no doubt, no blame could ever be apportioned to poor hard done by Tommo! Bottom line is he's been lazy, selfish and failed to deliver despite constant attempts to accommodate him. 

The 'can't manage him' line is what you say if you need to make up a reason why we might sell LT, if you don't really know the real reason. 

Archived