IGNORED

Lee Tomlin

City Mike

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

Was he just being "nice" about us, though, to keep his job opportunities as plentiful as possible? We are ideally placed for 1. Championship football and 2. Not far from his tractor. No one better for these two criteria. Was he being cute?

Rovers he can speak ill of because 1. He thinks ill of them and 2. He is not and never going to be, wanting or in need of any work there.

no look at all the Warnock interviews, there is no spite when he mentions us,

There's a angry reaction after that sears incident which is understandable, He said fair play to us after the play-offs dispite some one hitting him, and the quote about us having a minutes boo when he passes away show's good humour,

I generally think he likes playing us and plays the pantomime villain  whenever we are involved but I can't sense any malice when it comes to us 

3 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

Warnock is a XXX stirrer and he says these little things to have a dig at someone. In this case us because generally there has been a good vibe about letting Tomlin go. No love lost is there between Warnock and City and I think it is his way of trying to annoy us or at least seeing if someone takes the bite.... looks like it worked. I dont believe we would have sold Tomlin for half what we paid. We probably covered the costs of his original purchase, perhaps a little less. Still good business for a a prima donna who was not prepared to fight for the cause.  

Believe it or not but it appears that we now have a pretty solid recruitment process behind the scenes which everyone is buying into and thus, I think we probably got what we paid for Tomlin with some £ up front and others performance related. Twas the same with Kodjia.  

You really think he pre thought his chat on the radio and thought he'd use it to wind Bristol City up :blink:

Blimey - think that's sheer paranoia ,

or not accepting , that , unsurprisingly , we may have had to take a hit on Tomlin

Totally agree we  are well rid of the prima Dona but I'd be very surprised if we got our money back on him

I think the antagonism to Colin isn't that he's seen as anti City so much as anti football. It's just about the way his teams play. Rotherham two years ago was the perfect example. They cheat, pure and simple. 

I always thought that Colin would see LT as his type of player from the moment he got away with that outrageous dive when we played at their place last season.

3 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

From Walesonline last week, describing Lee Tomlin's performance at Shrewsbury:

"Out of possession the 28 year old buzzed around the pitch and it was his pressing that helped to peg Shrewsbury back for the majority of the opening half in Shropshire."

You couldn't make it up....

It obviously helped if you lose a stone and come back fro pre-season in decent shape so that you are better able to press and "buzz" around the pitch! 

Archived