IGNORED

Charity football match and Family funday

BstrongUbelong

5y829g.jpg

The team a BstrongUbelong are having a charity football match and family fun day on 30th July. We are being hosted by AEK Boco FC in Hanham. The game consists of ex pros from both Bristol clubs and local celebs v an AEK and BSUB XI. Please look at attached above flyer as the day has so much to offer for all the family.

BstrongUbelong are a fundraising initiative working with two fantastic charities SECOND STEP and OFF THE RECORD who provide vital help, creating awareness for mental health issues in the heart of Bristol. 

We are looking for sponsors, volunteers, raffle and auction items. If you feel you maybe able to help please contact us via our Facebook page en-gb.facebook.com/bstrongubelong/ or on the links on the flyer.

Also if you would like to attend the event please contact via the same contacts as above. Tickets are selling fast as 600 sold in three days (capacity 1000 no pay on the day)

We hope to hear from you and look forward to seeing you on the day

7 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

I think there's an error on the flyer. The post code says 4RZ which is the other side of Kingswood. 

According to the AEK Boco website they play at BS15 3RZ which is between Hanham and Longwell Green.

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Thanks MR & Phantom.  Yes, we'd spotted the error a few days ago but my colleague attached the wrong one here.  Don't worry, we've had stern words :nono:

This should be a cracking day out, so folks, please get involved.  Tickets £10 a pop, but there will be huge value for money.  Over 600 sold already and there is not going to be any pay on the day, so contact us if you want to reserve tickets.

10 hours ago, Super said:

Is it £10 for adults and children?

Yes. Children 2 and under go free, but there's plenty going on for 3's and over to make it worth the entry fee. The £10 includes all activities once in, so no need to pay £2 a go on the bouncy castles like you would at a lot of events (with most kids you'll get your value for money on that alone!) 

Bumping this thread.

1) Still tickets available, please message me if interested.

2) We are now auctioning places on the BSUB team to play against the ex City/Rovers team which will be managed by Geoff Twentyman.
If you are interested in playing, please message me with your bid for a place in the team.

Went along today, top work guys. Fantastic atmosphere and the match was great. Even though there were 26 players on the pitch during the last 10 minutes! 

There was talk of it becoming an annual event, which I hope happens.

Good also to meet up with a few faces from the past. Hope it raised a good amount for your charity.

12 hours ago, Old Rascal said:

Went along today, top work guys. Fantastic atmosphere and the match was great. Even though there were 26 players on the pitch during the last 10 minutes! 

There was talk of it becoming an annual event, which I hope happens.

Good also to meet up with a few faces from the past. Hope it raised a good amount for your charity.

Thanks for your comments folks. 

@Old Rascal thanks for coming. Was great to meet you and your family and I hope you all had a great day. 

My personal highlight was popping to the changing room to change from jeans to shorts (thinking there'd be no one there at this point), but a certain Ivan Testimitanu had arrived early and was already there. Had a chance for a great chat with him as he told me about his career post-City which took in South Korea and Chechnya of all places!! Also said he had a lot of admiration for Tony Pulis (I cut the conversation short at this point!!). 

Seriously though, thanks to all that came, we had over 500 there.  Our charities will benefit to the tune of over £5k from just this one event, so honestly, thank you so so much. 

13 hours ago, Old Rascal said:

Don't let LJ know this or he will think it's an option when trying to close out games.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Thanks for your comments folks. 

@Old Rascal thanks for coming. Was great to meet you and your family and I hope you all had a great day. 

My personal highlight was popping to the changing room to change from jeans to shorts (thinking there'd be no one there at this point), but a certain Ivan Testimitanu had arrived early and was already there. Had a chance for a great chat with him as he told me about his career post-City which took in South Korea and Chechnya of all places!! Also said he had a lot of admiration for Tony Pulis (I cut the conversation short at this point!!). 

Seriously though, thanks to all that came, we had over 500 there.  Our charities will benefit to the tune of over £5k from just this one event, so honestly, thank you so so much. 

Top day Slim.

And a special mention for your outstanding stewarding of one of the three bouncy castles.

Really good day and delighted to hear how much money was raised.

Hopefully this is something you can do against next year.

Archived