IGNORED

Forever 'Bristol' Membership, be aware.

freezer

Didn't renew season ticket as I thought it would be easier to pick and choose my games due to the management/teams performance. Work and social commitments etc. Thought, let's suck it and see and go with the flow. Missed about 6 home games last season so overall, cost wise, not much in it.

The Forever Bristol Membership seemed to tick all the boxes. Priority on ticket sales, a bit of discount etc.

What was failed to be mentioned, is that unless I buy a ticket - tickets, there are a few of us - before the 24th July, (when tickets go on general sale), for home games up until the end of September, is that we may have to fork out up front about £140 for the 5 games.

I think that this could possibly have been explained better, prior to taking out membership as its hardly spontaneous,  planning two and a half months ahead. And if we can't get tickets nearer the time, it makes a mockery of having 'priority'.

Oh well. Let's see how it pans out.

Maybe should've just renewed and missed some games.

Live and learn.

8 minutes ago, New2City said:

Wait, what? Are you saying that if you don't buy a ticket for a home game before they go on general sale, then you don't get the £5 discount?

Yes. If you don't fork out, up front for tickets, for all games, until the end of September , by the 24th July, you don't get the £5 discount, or most importantly, priority on ticket sales.

Sorry @freezer but you've got the wrong end of the stick.

Bristol Sport members have priority until General Sale (24th July) and if you book after you can still get the discount. 

Furthermore you haven't got to go to all of the games to get discount / future priority. You can pick and choose.

Not sure where you got your information from but it is incorrect thank god.

Ok, thanks for the heads up guys. I'm not too concerned about the £5 discount. It's more about having priority about getting tickets. If we don't purchase tickets now, up until the end of September, will we still be able to get a seat nearer the time. That's my beef.

Not sure you're getting my point.

5 minutes ago, freezer said:

Ok, thanks for the heads up guys. I'm not too concerned about the £5 discount. It's more about having priority about getting tickets. If we don't purchase tickets now, up until the end of September, will we still be able to get a seat nearer the time. That's my beef.

The club have to put them up for general sale at some point, surely? 

The good news as far as you are concerned is that they are unlikely to sell out so therefore you will be able to get a seat nearer the time.

Your choice of seat will diminish after general sale/the closer you leave it but you will still have the £5 discount perk.

You won't be able to guarantee a seat that you do/don't decide to take advantage of nearer the time, through the scheme - that would be ridiculous. It'd be leaving a seat free for freezer, just in case you may want it, that can not be sold to someone else if you don't.

Like I say though, I don't anticipate any sell outs and the opening of the upper main stand is opening another can of worms altogether.

25 minutes ago, freezer said:

I think I get your point.

You are disappointed that the club is selling tickets for home matches more than a month in advance. You would prefer that the tickets for the September games wouldn't go on sale at all until closer to the match dates, thereby giving you time to decide whether or not you wish to attend, and giving you a new priority period with every game in which to make that decision.

6 minutes ago, New2City said:

I think I get your point.

You are disappointed that the club is selling tickets for home matches more than a month in advance. You would prefer that the tickets for the September games wouldn't go on sale at all until closer to the match dates, thereby giving you time to decide whether or not you wish to attend, and giving you a new priority period with every game in which to make that decision.

I see the point; they're going to general sale 24/7 only a fortnight after Membership sale 10/7 for a game on 26/9.  

For a guy who has Membership primarily for the priority-factor (not the discount) it is poor.

I will maintain though, that if spontonaity is the objective, a ticket will be available for Bolton on 25/9 at a £5 discount.

How many weeks should the club hold back general sale?  Currently it's by two weeks, two months in advance.  That is poor, given we're not even over-subscribed.

6 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

How many weeks should the club hold back general sale?  Currently it's by two weeks, two months in advance.  That is poor, given we're not even over-subscribed.

For a game that isn't likely to be a sellout, doesn't it make sense to have tickets on general sale as long as possible? Having priority on tickets that are going to be available right up until kickoff isn't exactly much of an advantage.

The membership priority period would only really kick in for a big cup game, or if we're challenging at the top of the table, in which case I would expect the priority period to be closer to the game and well advertised.

21 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

For a game that isn't likely to be a sellout, doesn't it make sense to have tickets on general sale as long as possible? Having priority on tickets that are going to be available right up until kickoff isn't exactly much of an advantage.

The membership priority period would only really kick in for a big cup game, or if we're challenging at the top of the table, in which case I would expect the priority period to be closer to the game and well advertised.

For me the priority is less about getting a ticket but more about where the ticket is.

Last season even during the priority sale the majority of the remaining seats were in the front few rows, somewhere I don't want to sit. I'd rather sit further back, and ideally by my Dad who has only a limited number of spare seats around him. 

5 minutes ago, Selred said:

For me the priority is less about getting a ticket but more about where the ticket is.

Last season even during the priority sale the majority of the remaining seats were in the front few rows, somewhere I don't want to sit. I'd rather sit further back, and ideally by my Dad who has only a limited number of spare seats around him. 

Totally, I left it really late to get tickets for one game last season and ended up in the Blackthorne Terrace at the Mem.

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Super said:

Is a bit strange that you can book up to the Bolton game at the end of September.

Is it because two of the games in that period are "special offers"?

One is the bring a mate for £10, the other is the free game for Rugby ST holders

Archived