IGNORED

Tomlin to Cardiff - CONFIRMED

Ian M

3 hours ago, bearded_red said:

I doubt you'll find many more pessimistic people than me about next season, but even I think we'll manage to get out of February without being relegated.

At least you're optimistic about the number of pessimistic people out there!!!

Not only is you're glass half full, I'll wager you'd feel your glass isn't as big as everyone else's either!!

I think LJ tried just about all he could to accommodate LT.   Will be sad to see a player of his ability leave but it just wasn't happening and probably best for all concerned if he goes.  All a bit reminiscent of GJ and Lee Trundle.

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Considering anyone could've converted the penalties I don't see why it should be a crutch trying to hold Tomlin up to even average here. Bobby Reid scored more from open play, probably gave the ball away less and did more work off the ball yet people can't give the guy a break but Lee Tomlin did a Rabona 25 yard pass and chipped the ball over a defender once. Please, I'd rather have Bobby Reid over last years lee Tomlin. 

Sometimes I wonder if it's me posting from your account considering how often I agree with you.

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Also I don't think he needs replacing. We need players in anyway. He was a guy that didn't have a position for us anymore. Yes recouping the money is a success i agree there so it will spare him but LT should get a lot more credit for our bad season then he does

Well, I agree with that at least...

If your last line is the view we should be taking then I'm afraid LJ and MA and his 'DNA' requirements have a lot to answer for too.

Though I will say that LT was having personal problems away from football which undoubtedly didn't help his performance and no-one is really to blame for that.

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

Sometimes I wonder if it's me posting from your account considering how often I agree with you.

:laugh:. That's high praise as you're a fantastic poster. For the record, I liked Lee Tomlin. Those games at the end of the 2015/16 season were amazing and his flicks and tricks were brilliant and we don't have that same showman now. That said, last year was horrible to watch and I'd rather have some work rate to go with slightly less flair with hopes of us getting a better points return. 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Well, I agree with that at least...

If your last line is the view we should be taking then I'm afraid LJ and MA and his 'DNA' requirements have a lot to answer for too.

Though I will say that LT was having personal problems away from football which undoubtedly didn't help his performance and no-one is really to blame for that.

Of course those who signed him should take responsibility too. Think us as fans do too. There was a lot of pressure to try and sign him. Fair play if you didn't think we should I know there are a few out there. I liked Lee Tomlin but I like the team more. I'm sure there were reasons he wasn't at his best but I just feel better to cut ties as early as possible. Worry about more flair later. Maybe it was too early for us to have a LT

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

:laugh:. That's high praise as you're a fantastic poster. For the record, I liked Lee Tomlin. Those games at the end of the 2015/16 season were amazing and his flicks and tricks were brilliant and we don't have that same showman now. That said, last year was horrible to watch and I'd rather have some work rate to go with slightly less flair with hopes of us getting a better points return. 

Strangely, there were games (like Fulham away?) where LT and Bobby played in the same team and were almost telepathic in the way they inter played.   

Like to hope someone decent creatively already lined up to utilise his wages.

2 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

Strangely, there were games (like Fulham away?) where LT and Bobby played in the same team and were almost telepathic in the way they inter played.   

Like to hope someone decent creatively already lined up to utilise his wages.

I've said it before Bobby was needed in the same team as Tomlin. Bobby was starting next to GON and Tomlin behind the striker. When Tomlin would drop deep, Bobby would get into those little pockets of space. Then Bobby was dropped for a fit Korey Smith at Cardiff(a decision I bemoaned at the time and still do) and Korey and GON are as sideways passing as it gets then Lee dropped deep understandably because the ball didn't get forward. This mean Tammy on his own with no one within 20 yards of him to give him an outlet. I'm not going to look and I know we weren't playing great even when we were winning but our form dipped when Bobby was dropped and LT went to an even lower level as he was average up to that point. 

If all the this turns out to be true then I am left with a feeling of disappointment.

Disappointed how LT has performed and (if to be believed) the attitude and lack of professionalism shown. when he signed really hoped we had a great player that was going to show class and push the rest of the squad forward. LT himself has to take blame for this he gets paid big wages (compared to me and most other on here I would hazard to guess) and totally underperformed even pretty much admitting to this...

Disappointed in LJ, MA, SL and the whole club for the way they have handled LT as it was known what type of character and player he was before he signed for us (had him on loan first FFS). I know sometimes signings don't work but its something that needs serious work by the club (don't get me started on the Engvall mess) makes us look as usual like a total joke and don't exactly make us stand out for any potential signings with multiple offers?

Disappointed if true he is going to bloody Cardiff of all team... cant help feeling it will come back to bite us in the ass, and that butt monkey Colin will really play on it...

just disappointed :facepalm::grr:

5 minutes ago, keflav said:

If all the this turns out to be true then I am left with a feeling of disappointment.

Think this goes for most people.  Bit like when your kid let's until down and you hit with the 'I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed'   LT needs to grow up,  realise what he has, and make the most of his career.

Think he needs to rename his clothing brand too as 'Loyal Love' just don't seem to fit.  How about 'Love You and Leave You'?

13 minutes ago, keflav said:

Disappointed how LT has performed and (if to be believed) the attitude and lack of professionalism shown. when he signed really hoped we had a great player that was going to show class and push the rest of the squad forward. LT himself has to take blame for this he gets paid big wages (compared to me and most other on here I would hazard to guess) and totally underperformed even pretty much admitting to this...

Disappointed in LJ, MA, SL and the whole club for the way they have handled LT as it was known what type of character and player he was before he signed for us (had him on loan first FFS). I know sometimes signings don't work but its something that needs serious work by the club (don't get me started on the Engvall mess) makes us look as usual like a total joke and don't exactly make us stand out for any potential signings with multiple offers?

Disappointed if true he is going to bloody Cardiff of all team... cant help feeling it will come back to bite us in the ass, and that butt monkey Colin will really play on it...

just disappointed :facepalm::grr:

Bit harsh. After his 'come and sign me' performance during his loan spell I think 99% of clubs would have taken the gamble.

Just now, Red Army Faction said:

Think this goes for most people.  Bit like when your kid let's until down and you hit with the 'I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed'   LT needs to grow up,  realise what he has, and make the most of his career.

Absolutely agree, funny thing is I used the 'I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed' line on my 12 year old son the other day too Ha Ha :thumbsup:

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Bit harsh. After his 'come and sign me' performance during his loan spell I think 99% of clubs would have taken the gamble.

Not saying we should not have signed him based on his loan performances just disappointed how the club have seemed to handle him when it started to go a bit pear shaped with LT... both parties need to take there share of the blame...

Just now, keflav said:

Not saying we should not have signed him based on his loan performances just disappointed how the club have seemed to handle him when it started to go a bit pear shaped with LT... both parties need to take there share of the blame...

What went wrong (facts please) and how did we handle him (again facts please?)

To use the golf club analogy, Lee Tomlin was like that shiney new hybrid that was soemtimes fantastic out of the long grass but equally capable of being topped off the fairway. 

You've hit your best shots with it but more often than not, your worst shots.

In the end you realise the best place for the club is in the boot of the car.

3 minutes ago, keflav said:

Sometimes it works out for a player at a club and sometimes it doesn't. 

In LTs case we aren't the first and probably won't be the last club that won't work out for him. They can't all just be unlucky!

More to the point how can blame be apportioned by the fans when they have no idea what actually happened to cause things to go south?

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

What went wrong (facts please) and how did we handle him (again facts please?)

Wow Chill man was only an opinion I have no hard Facts just going on what has been doing the rounds and rumours if wrong them I'm wrong and I take it all back and will go away and chastise myself straight away...:mf_sleep:

4 minutes ago, keflav said:

Wow Chill man was only an opinion I have no hard Facts just going on what has been doing the rounds and rumours if wrong them I'm wrong and I take it all back and will go away and chastise myself straight away...:mf_sleep:

Even if it's just an opinion, you're writing it as if it's a fact. Not many people know exactly what happened but it's best not to assume rumours are true without evidence.

People believe them as fact and then they become the accepted narrative.

14 minutes ago, keflav said:

Absolutely agree, funny thing is I used the 'I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed' line on my 12 year old son the other day too Ha Ha :thumbsup:

Ha, ha.  After forgetting to hang a mirror in my 15 yo daughter's room for an eternity, she used it on me!!!  I had no come back, nothing, Nadal!!  

The thing being, is that I think the majority of posters on here said that we should sign him after his loan performances for us & then at the end of this season the majority of us were saying we expected him to leave this summer.

For whatever reason he didn't perform as we knew he could once he signed permanently for us & if we can get anywhere near what we paid for him (and don't have to pay Bournemouth any percentage) & we can clear his wages off the budget as well, then jobs a good un.

And it'll give us more scope to improve the rest of the team for what essentially would / could of been a back-up player for this season.

2 minutes ago, keflav said:

Perception is reality so constant rumour chat helps nobody.  

Oh and I am very chilled - you wouldn't image how chilled, man.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Even if it's just an opinion, you're writing it as if it's a fact. Not many people know exactly what happened but it's best not to assume rumours are true without evidence.

People believe them as fact and then they become the accepted narrative.

Not sure I said I was stating any facts just was expressing my disappointment in the whole saga.... but I guess I take your point made, note to myself say nothing :shifty:

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Perception is reality so constant rumour chat helps nobody.  

Oh and I am very chilled - you wouldn't image how chilled, man.

Agreed but would say if we did not have rumour chat etc. not much would be said on here... Ha Ha

Glad ya chilled best way to be in this weather.. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Colin may be LT's last chance to have a decent remainder of a career. If Warnock can't get him to behave like a professional, L T may as well hang his boots up.

Hang his boots up? When he's getting paid £many thousands a week? Are you mad?? (don't answer that). 

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Colin may be LT's last chance to have a decent remainder of a career. If Warnock can't get him to behave like a professional, L T may as well hang his boots up.

I think LT will quite enjoy lying on the grass wasting 10 minutes of game time. He's passed his test arguing with the referee. He may.struggle with telling Warnock to F.Off though!

Archived