IGNORED

Tomlin to Cardiff - CONFIRMED

Ian M

21 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

I think if LJ learned anything last year, its that how important Korey Smith is to the team and how its important to keep things simple and not overcomplicate things.

He did eventually, my friend. The only hope is that he remembers that going into the new season and doesn't revert back to constant changing , of personnel and formation. 

6 hours ago, ILikeCheeseOnToast said:

A bad apple that always falls out with team mates, managers. Look at his aptitude. Doesn't take a mastermind to work out he's bad news. 

Rumours of bullying certain individuals have also been mooted. But this isn't the place to discuss rumours.

A player that was left in the wilderness by LJ as he chopped and changed his formation, what's happened to Gary O'Neill , is he another 'bad egg'? Players with character will want out of the club if left out the team 

Can't wait for Bobby to disappoint us again. How many years do we have to wait for this guy to forfill his potential. He's the championship/league 1 version of Theo Walcott 

If we are getting rid of tomlin then we need someone in to replace him. Or at least to strengthen around where he played. 

3 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

A player that was left in the wilderness by LJ as he chopped and changed his formation, what's happened to Gary O'Neill , is he another 'bad egg'? Players with character will want out of the club if left out the team 

Players with character and experience will challenge a head coach who, at times, seems to have absolutely no idea what to do or how to do it , as was evident for the middle section of last season.

With a couple of exceptions these players, as is the case at all other clubs, are earning a living, it's a job, they don't support the club they play for in most cases and it is a consistent error that all fans of all clubs make - they don't care as much as we do!

That said they want to succeed albeit for their own reasons and if they have a problem with their'boss' problems will arise.

Both O'Neil and Tomlin really should have helped us progress...............the question is, why didn't that happen?

In time we will know if there is any truth in this. 

A simple view from a fan who has never met LT would sum him up like this...

Pros: Maverick, able to produce magical goals / moments, good with a dead ball

Cons: Maverick, disappears during games, not a team player, questionable work ethic, egocentric, may have 'issues'

Certainly a marmite / maverick character. On balance he is not my kind of player, so provided we can broker a reasonable deal I'd wish him well.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't think we need to sell as such, not for transfer fees anyway.

Tomlin is on a big wage and that would be more pressing. We'd have a lot more flexibility without his £15,000+ a week(?) on our wage bill.

With the aim of being self sufficient though, anything we can recoup on transfer fees is a big bonus. It seems that the price you pay for players goes up every year, so maybe it's not actually so ludicrous a price.

Why can't we also benefit from the current financial environment and  ask for these fees ourselves. Wolves wanting £3m for Dicko.. the rumoured £5m for Bettenelli.. prices are massive. We should have a piece of that.

You're right about the transfer fees. SL has always said that the wages ate the problem as they continue for three/four years.

1 hour ago, Jacki said:

That said, I really hope we bring in an exciting replacement for him. With Tammy  gone I am a little concerned that we lack that player to get us out of our seats at the moment. 

That is my concern. I accept that LT going makes the most sense, I'm just worried LJ thinks his squad is complete as is and I look at the players and apart from excitement about seeing Famara - I am not inspired that anything but a year of struggle will ensue.

If LT goes - seem highly likely- we need new blood proven at a high level. We have 2 years IMO to get out this league as signings like John Terry with the sums involved are scary - this league will be Prem League 2 in terms of signings and wages very soon and this current squad does not look likely to compete !!

1 hour ago, Jacki said:

It's a real shame it hasn't worked out for Tomlin here, when he's on song he's a joy to watch. He was far too inconsistent last season though, and if he isn't going to be a regular a club like us just can't justify paying £15K a week plus to have him here. Better we let him go and replace him with someone who wants to be here. 

That said, I really hope we bring in an exciting replacement for him. With Tammy  gone I am a little concerned that we lack that player to get us out of our seats at the moment. 

Agree with most of your post but after how Kodjia succeeded, we should be expecting more of the same from Diedhiou so plenty of stand up and sit down.

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

That is my concern. I accept that LT going makes the most sense, I'm just worried LJ thinks his squad is complete as is and I look at the players and apart from excitement about seeing Famara - I am not inspired that anything but a year of struggle will ensue.

If LT goes - seem highly likely- we need new blood proven at a high level. We have 2 years IMO to get out this league as signings like John Terry with the sums involved are scary - this league will be Prem League 2 in terms of signings and wages very soon and this current squad does not look likely to compete !!

There is just under a month until the season starts, we are one week into playing preseason friendlies & nearly 2 months until the transfer window shuts, loads of time to bring players in.

Premier League clubs haven't even considered their 25 man squads yet & I really wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of foreign 'big money' (for us anyway) signings made while we are away in Tenerife, kind of like we did with Kodjia when we were away 2 years ago (Portugal?)

I'm sure we still have a considerable amount left in the budget & that will likely be swelled even further by the players that could be possibly leaving & I'm sure LJ is aware that the first team can be improved.

So two threads based on nothing but some posts from a Cardiff forum and a few tweets? Interestingly, the 'ITKs' on here only posted after here after the Cardiff posts. Whereas, OTIB's trusted ITKs haven't said a thing and not a single media post or article

2 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

I think if LJ learned anything last year, its that how important Korey Smith is to the team and how its important to keep things simple and not overcomplicate things.

I'm pretty sure LJ knew this from his time at Oldham. How good was it to finally see the real Korey Smith playing again. After last season's injury (well the one at the end of the season before last) I thought he'd lost his mojo. it wouldn't surprise me if our goto midfield two were Korey & Marvin next season.

40 minutes ago, Henry said:

So two threads based on nothing but some posts from a Cardiff forum and a few tweets? Interestingly, the 'ITKs' on here only posted after here after the Cardiff posts. Whereas, OTIB's trusted ITKs haven't said a thing and not a single media post or article

True but the silence from the club is fairly deafening you have to say.

If a BS rumour about Smith, Flint, Bryan or many others was floating around for a day im fairly sure something would come out from the club ??

14 minutes ago, Neo said:

If a BS rumour about Smith, Flint, Bryan or many others was floating around for a day im fairly sure something would come out from the club ??

The club never refute transfer rumours do they? 

2 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

Left in the wilderness?! LJ did everything to accommodate Tomlin and give him a chance to do something. We looked a better team when he finally gave up and put someone with some work ethic in. 

17 minutes ago, Neo said:

Yep, 'we'd never sell to a Chamionship club' or some such I expect.

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The club never refute transfer rumours do they? 

Not usually and they shouldn't start. Sets a strange precedent. So easy to start a bogus rumour these days.

The Kodjia situation was a bit different. A huge transfer and we wanted a bidding war. This is, essentially, just shipping out an out of favour player.

23 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I can confirm the only one locked in my cupboard during the close season was Flinty. No bugger in there now, I'm in Barcelona all week, so they'd be getting a bit hungry right now ;) 

On his birthday as well :(

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed. Think with LJ here Lansdown is prepared to pay the big fees. I predict a couple more 7 figure incomings' before September.

The transfer window these days seems reliant on domino effects' and maybe this Tomlin transfer will start a mini one in this league. I predict Tomlin departing and Dicko arriving as a direct result of eachother.

The Prem teams announcing their squads will also lead to a flurry of loans. Lots of time for lots of movement to happen still.

No shit Sherlock..we sell a player for a seven figure sum we sign two players for a seven figure sum...

3 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'm pretty sure LJ knew this from his time at Oldham. How good was it to finally see the real Korey Smith playing again. After last season's injury (well the one at the end of the season before last) I thought he'd lost his mojo. it wouldn't surprise me if our goto midfield two were Korey & Marvin next season.

Personally Id like an upgrade on pack, but hey ho I want a lot of things I cant have......................Scarlett Johanson for 1.......

7 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Personally Id like an upgrade on pack, but hey ho I want a lot of things I cant have......................Scarlett Johanson for 1.......

Scarlett's over-rated, mate, been there.  But PM me your number and I'll drop her a line if you like! :laughcont::laughcont:

13 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

..... and how its important to keep things simple and not overcomplicate things.

Pretty sure LJ said this as his biggest learning point from last season.  Players need simple instructions and I wondered all along last season whether LJ was too full of stuff straight out of the coaching manual. 

Archived