IGNORED

Tomlin to Cardiff - CONFIRMED

Ian M

Really disappointed this didn't work out...fantastic talent, pretty poor professional if you believe what you hear from us and Bournemouth.

warmock did very well with Taarabt at qpr not to dissimilar to Tomlin.

i know it's said often but I think this could be one we regret.

i sincerely hope we have some incomings shortly...am pretty unconvinced about our dealings thus far, albeit some time left.

1 minute ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

This is for the best and it seems like we got a good financial deal out of it. Thanks Lee though for the second half of season before last - you were the main reason we stayed up and moments like that free kick at Fulham will live long in the memory.  

Like many mixed feelings and do hope that something is on the horizon to compensate , morale booster needed I feel

As I've just said to a Cardiff supporting friend - will either be the best signing they'll make this season, or the worst one in a long time.

Didn't work out, and as good a talent as he can be, I think the writing was on the wall last season before we signed him during Twitter gate. 

Hope he has sorted, or gets over his off field issues (if those rumours are correct), and that if he plays against us this season, then it's Tomlin from last year, and not the one we had on loan. Other than that, couldn't really care how he gets on there to be fair.

Just now, Andy082005 said:

Well done City 

As always....laughable 

Good bit of business. Have seen 2.8 million mentioned somewhere, clearly didn't fit into the team last season, and for whatever reason didn't really seem to be that interested. Defintely wasn't as fit as he was whilst on loan.

If you don't want to be here, then I don't care who you are, go somewhere else and make way for someone that does.

Will he be missed? That depends which version of Lee Tomlin turns up for Cardiff. If it's the same one we had for the most part of this season just gone, then no he won't.

I don't think we'll regret it.

You can't build a team around a player like Tomlin. If you do then it won't work unless he performs every week, which he won't, and if you don't build the team around him then he'll sulk.

What he can do is lift a poor team out of trouble, so the management need to build a team that's good enough to win without him. They may or may not succeed at this task (I think they will) but we'll never move on if we don't confront the question.

I do think it's nailed on that he'll score against us at least once this season, but overall it's a good move.

As last season progressed it seemed as though he wouldn't fit into LJ's preferred team formation. So regardless of the rumoured falling out, and variable form, it makes sense for him to go. I hope he gets a good reception when he comes back. 

10 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Well done City 

As always....laughable 

I dont think its laughable. I really really want to be pissed off about this but in truth im not. I think im actually relieved we have got 2.9 million back, I just hope I dont eat my words when we play them.

14 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Well done City 

As always....laughable 

Why so?

My final thought on Tomlin is this: we never should have signed him in the first place (as I said at the time) and therefore this goes down as a mistake on the heads of SL/LJ/MA

Glad he's gone though and I think we've done well to recoup the money we paid for him.

1 minute ago, cityloyal473 said:

Hardly registered on my give a shit-ometer to be honest. I'm pretty ambivalent to him leaving. 

As are the overwhelming majority of fans based on the poll on here. 

Can't wait for the predictable 20 page thread every time he scores :bored:

Archived