IGNORED

Tomlin to Cardiff - CONFIRMED

Ian M

Anyone else remember mention of a significant personal signing-on fee for LT when we got him on a permanent deal? Wonder if (1) he did receive a personal sum and (2) if there were any claw-back clauses attached if he did.

Can anyone on here provide more insights/info?

5 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

He wasn't available on loan.

I read this as he was available for loan.

The thing is Tomlin still had substantial market value for a club like us, which would have depreciated rapidly by the end of a season long loan. I assume that's why they were made to dig extra deep to secure a loan, so ended up buying him in the end. 

Sounds like we've recouped most if not all the transfer fee for someone who didn't quite fit into our way of playing. 

Fantastic player to watch at times, and a little sad to see him leave, but seems like good business. 

Just now, tinman85 said:

Warnock will do well with him.  He is an excellent man manager. That's the issue we had. Club seriously need to sign some players now. 

He is an excellent man manager and an excellent football manager. As for us, I really now have lost all faith that we will ever be anything more than a yo yo club between the Championship and League 1.

Just now, BigTone said:

Only a short while ago our Head Coach told us that he planned to build a team around Tomlin. Now we realise that we have just been subjected to even more bullshit and the season hasn't even started yet. My piss is at boiling point.

you want to build a team around a player who will perform week in week out, not someone who only plays when they feel like it,

Build a team round Tammy, hourinhane or Cairney, some one of that ilk

2 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Anyone else remember mention of a significant personal signing-on fee for LT when we got him on a permanent deal? Wonder if (1) he did receive a personal sum and (2) if there were any claw-back clauses attached if he did.

Can anyone on here provide more insights/info?

Someone told me yesterday that he received a £1.5m severance package from Bournemouth and a £300k signing on fee from us last summer. It wasn't a particularly concrete source but I wouldn't be amazed if it happened to be true. Modern football has gone mad, after all. 

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

you want to build a team around a player who will perform week in week out, not someone who only plays when they feel like it,

Build a team round Tammy, hourinhane or Cairney, some one of that ilk

The problem Monkeh is you want a settled team and not one that changes with the direction of the wind. Until we do that we will always dice with failure

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Only a short while ago our Head Coach told us that he planned to build a team around Tomlin. Now we realise that we have just been subjected to even more bullshit and the season hasn't even started yet. My piss is at boiling point.

That was obviously said for Tomlins  benefit to see if he would respond positively to it. He didn't.

Just now, BigTone said:

The problem Monkeh is you want a settled team and not one that changes with the direction of the wind. Until we do that we will always dice with failure

i agree, and we didn't have a settle team as we kept trying to accommodate tomlin, we did get a settled team once he was out of the squad, it happened about the same time our form picked up, 

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

The team only had to change every week when Tomlin decided he'd done his bit for the season at the start of October.

Was , in reality ,history here post Huddersfield (a)

Interesting that the posters that claimed the reports around the time were 'bullshit' and lapped up his staged 'interview' saying all was good are now the ones blooming Tomlin for all to protect Johnson

If it was only Tomlin that struggled with LJ or producing his best at AG , I'd ignore it as he's clearly a handful ,

but it's not is it (But that's all bull as well I guess :shifty: )

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Was , in reality ,history here post Huddersfield (a)

Interesting that the posters that claimed the reports around the time were 'bullshit' and lapped up his staged 'interview' saying all was good are now the ones blooming Tomlin for all to protect Johnson

If it was only Tomlin that struggled with LJ or producing his best at AG , I'd ignore it as he's clearly a handful ,

but it's not is it (But that's all bull as well I guess :shifty: )

Well said SuperBob

11 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Agreed.

Unless you were also alluding to this too, I would also suggest settled squad. The churn last season was too much- if it's say loanees go, couple more out, 3 or 4 in I can live with that. More than that go and yeah dicing with failure.

Archived