IGNORED

Tomlin to Cardiff - CONFIRMED

Ian M

Just now, shelts said:

Funny all the plaudits coming Warnocks way now they've got Tomlin, when his name was put around to do a job for us before LJ he was scum and useless 

I think Colin may be the sort of manager that can get the serial non professional Tomlin to perform, but only may be.

But I wouldn't want Colin anywhere near our club.

1 minute ago, shelts said:

Funny all the plaudits coming Warnocks way now they've got Tomlin, when his name was put around to do a job for us before LJ he was scum and useless 

If you go back through any posts I've made I have supported Warnock every time. I would have loved to see him here and actually achieve something we are capable of under the right guidance.

13 minutes ago, desert said:

All those photos on Twitter of working hard in gym were just "come get me" messages to Warnock..........shame

Well now he's 'got him' he's got to keep him in the gym hasn't he. Easier said than done.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed.

Unless you were also alluding to this too, I would also suggest settled squad. The churn last season was too much- if it's say loanees go, couple more out, 3 or 4 in I can live with that. More than that go and yeah dicing with failure.

Wouldn't hold my breath - just that Tomlin managed to get to the front of the queue and get through the Exit door first

few more clutching at the handle

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Wouldn't hold my breath - just that Tomlin managed to get to the front of the queue and get through the Exit door first

few more clutching at the handle

That's the worry now

So it was Tomlins fault LJ kept chopping, changing, making wiered substitutions and nearly got us relegated. I thought that was pembertons fault, no Taylor's fault, no no no it was Aizoons fault for not giving Horace enough slugs. You live and learn. 

As someone has said, who else is clutching at the door handle. 

No excuses for anyone come August. 

Just now, REDOXO said:

So it was Tomlins fault LJ kept chopping, changing, making wiered substitutions and nearly got us relegated. I thought that was pembertons fault, no Taylor's fault, no no no it was Aizoons fault for not giving Horace enough slugs. You live and learn. 

As someone has said, who else is clutching at the door handle. 

No excuses for anyone come August. 

Good point ......................Aizoon Out !!!

32 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Well. Let's hope we re-invest some of the money in new batteries for our much-acclaimed (by Club Officials) DNA test kits.

Mystic Meg could've done a better job last Summer...... Tomlin, Matthews, GON, Engvel. 

No doubt MA will be back in front of the cameras in late August acclaiming his work in the transfer market. Let's hope he does a better job this year 'cause this is LJs last chance and I still have no idea of our best eleven, pattern of play or even the spine of the team. 

Please, no more for the development squad, foreign punts, just solid Championship players from now on. Ta.

Like O'Neil, Matthews and Tomlin?

4 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I think Colin may be the sort of manager that can get the serial non professional Tomlin to perform, but only may be.

But I wouldn't want Colin anywhere near our club.

Me neither. Regarding a Tomlin, why would he change? He must have such low motivation, turns it on when he wants to but seldom wants or needs to. He'll be bored there too before long, or fall out with the manager, or both.

I'm glad the decision has been made quickly and we won't have to go right through the transfer window wondering,  or go into the season trying to see which Tomlin we get and how to fit him in. He's gone. NEXT...

When I saw a pic of him holding up baaaad shirt I thought it was photo shopped! 

So Tomlin had f@cked off whether it is good or not is anyone's guess. 

Net result we have a replacements for Little a highly rated untried replacement for Tammy and that folks is it!

We needed drastic changes, improvements and tried and tested improvements. Arguably, we are weaker now than in May.

I bloody hope there are cunning plans in place else we are f@cked. Against my better judgement I watched the mainly U23 squad last night. Believe me there is nothing to get excited about in that lot!

still relatively early in the window but Cardiff have made 7 signings already and we have made 2 replacements. We need improving to prevent another painful season. The existing squad just ain't good enough. Praying for the much talked about transfer window 3 to be fruitful but I'm shit!ng meself!

What a pity. Such a talented lad but as his career shows, something is not quite right. It certainly takes work to get the best out of him and clearly LJ wasn't capable of that. He wasn't going to feature predominantly for us so much better that his wages and fee are spent on filling another void we have. 

57 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Note to Cardiff:

dont employee a fitty to look after his kids. 

Eh? He's a married man, Fordy

Although, he's wearing an awful looking blingy thing on his little finger in these pics, but no wedding ring? 

That's a real shame.  If Engvall is being dumped too we're going to need at least one more forward.  

So far our squad is weaker than what we started last season with (at least on paper at the time) so there's a huge amount of work to do before the window closes.

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

Eh? He's a married man, Fordy

Although, he's wearing an awful looking blingy thing on his little finger in these pics, but no wedding ring? 

He has kids but isn't married!?!?

This is like Janet Ellis on Blue Peter all over again. I for one am glad the moral guardians of BS3 have acted.

18 minutes ago, BigTone said:

If you go back through any posts I've made I have supported Warnock every time. I would have loved to see him here and actually achieve something we are capable of under the right guidance.

I wanted him and was slated 

6 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Not overly bothered, didn't do much last season and under performed when he did play. But selling him to Cardiff and into the waiting arms of TheGoblinKing(tm) is a poor move by the club.

Assuming any other clubs were interested.

I'm sad he didn't perform . He was , along with GON with the wind , meant to spearhead a top six push . 

Both players disappointed me. 

I am a little nervous for the forthcoming campaign but we need to have faith in the players and management here .

Even with a team of experienced Championship players there are no guarantees so let's see how the youngsters step up .

I would have wished him well until I just read:

"I want to get back to the Premier League and I feel I can do that here. I know a lot of the lads here already which makes things even easier for me ahead of travelling down to Cornwall next week."

To me that's a real insult to us, Cardiff City have only made it to the Prem once and when they did they had a much better squad and Cardiff were a lot more interesting as a prospect. It's also like saying "Bristol City won't ever get there", or at least that's how it comes across to me.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

He has kids but isn't married!?!?

This is like Janet Ellis on Blue Peter all over again. I for one am glad the moral guardians of BS3 have acted.

Horse before the cart, I'm afraid, Robert

But he did get married last summer, yeah? We had to put up with the on / off saga from the beach last summer, sure it was his honeymoon?

Disappointing that his permanent move to us didn't turn out to be what we all thought it could have been. 

However, we eventually turned it around without him so whilst he can undoubtedly be a game changer I'm not so concerned whether he will actually be missed in the same way that losing Kodjia could have been if it hadn't been for Tammy. 

I will remember some great performances from him but will equally remember that when he played last season he could and should have done so much more. 

I have no idea whether he had any falling out with LJ, personal life issues etc but at the end of the day what counts is what you do on the pitch for Bristol City in the time that you are on there.

1 minute ago, supercidered said:

When I saw a pic of him holding up baaaad shirt I thought it was photo shopped! 

So Tomlin had f@cked off whether it is good or not is anyone's guess. 

Net result we have a replacements for Little a highly rated untried replacement for Tammy and that folks is it!

We needed drastic changes, improvements and tried and tested improvements. Arguably, we are weaker now than in May.

I bloody hope there are cunning plans in place else we are f@cked. Against my better judgement I watched the mainly U23 squad last night. Believe me there is nothing to get excited about in that lot!

still relatively early in the window but Cardiff have made 7 signings already and we have made 2 replacements. We need improving to prevent another painful season. The existing squad just ain't good enough. Praying for the much talked about transfer window 3 to be fruitful but I'm shit!ng meself!

Warnock always makes loads of signings just like Harry boy.

Tomlin was booked 4 times in the first 6 matches last season and 10 times overall and I would suspect most if not all were for dissent, he had 5 assists but so did Taylor and O'Neil who never played nearly as much, he scored 6 goals and Patterson and Wilbs scored 4 a piece and again never played as much even Flint scored 5.

I am surprised that we managed to get the sort of fee that we did.

Bottom line Middlesborough and Bournemouth and now BCFC show that his achievement level at those 3 clubs isn't great, I think we will be stronger without him it was a poor signing.

As for last night my son was there as well and says although not great it was stature wise men against boys and the men won but he saw several players who were impressive especially both goalkeepers.

We've had tried and tested and with the exception of Wilbraham they don't work for us and yet untried netted us a huge profit.

I am not wholly convinced with LJ but he is here and hopefully has 10 games to show that things have improved, no excuses this season none at all, but things are not as bad as the picture that you paint, I remember the same amount of BS surrounding JET when he left and where is he now?.

Tomlin is anincredinly gifted player and showed that at times for us. However has an awful attitude to playing and I'm certain games tried his hardest. He also needs to control his fitness other than that Cardiff have a quality player. Thanks for the brilliant memories Lee and I wish you the best of luck for the the future. I for one will be applauding him when he returns to the gate in November.

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Warnock always makes loads of signings just like Harry boy.

Tomlin was booked 4 times in the first 6 matches last season and 10 times overall and I would suspect most if not all were for dissent, he had 5 assists but so did Taylor and O'Neil who never played nearly as much, he scored 6 goals and Patterson and Wilbs scored 4 a piece and again never played as much even Flint scored 5.

I am surprised that we managed to get the sort of fee that we did.

Bottom line Middlesborough and Bournemouth and now BCFC show that his achievement level at those 3 clubs isn't great, I think we will be stronger without him it was a poor signing.

As for last night my son was there as well and says although not great it was stature wise men against boys and the men won but he saw several players who were impressive especially both goalkeepers.

We've had tried and tested and with the exception of Wilbraham they don't work for us and yet untried netted us a huge profit.

I am not wholly convinced with LJ but he is here and hopefully has 10 games to show that things have improved, no excuses this season none at all, but things are not as bad as the picture that you paint, I remember the same amount of BS surrounding JET when he left and where is he now?.

The goalkeepers did play well and a good job they did. Vyner also did well. So 1 of the under 23 squad looked like they could cut it.

Players move on of course they do. Whether a fan feels Tomlin is a pain in the arse or not the fact remains. We are weaker as a squad than we were in May. We only have one fit untried striker and god love him Wilbs. 

I just hope things are quiet cuz we are being smart but my fear is that we have a similar or worse squad than last season!

Archived