IGNORED

Tomlin to Cardiff - CONFIRMED

Ian M

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I am sure that he will (be given a good reception) as long as he acts with some dignity and does not look to wind the crowd up, which might be at all order for him.

Therein lies the problem. He might decide to show LJ that he made a mistake in getting rid of him and, if it happens to be one of his good days, a lot of his tricks will work. If this happens he might start showboating and then anything can happen, including a massive post match thread on the forum.

Just now, pongo88 said:

Therein lies the problem. He might decide to show LJ that he made a mistake in getting rid of him and, if it happens to be one of his good days, a lot of his tricks will work. If this happens he might start showboating and then anything can happen, including a massive post match thread on the forum.

The problem is his not ours, showboating is part of the game and most football fans will admire it, I know that I would but whether or not he reacts to the crowd by gloating under those circumstances.

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I am "getting real" !!  Can you honestly say we are in a better position now than we were before. 

We will know more between now and the start of the season and after that the next 10 games and then we can make a judgement, we cannot judge now, the squad is obviously not finalised, I can see GON and Golbourne moving on as well.

22 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

One things for sure we are a weaker team than we were yesterday. 

I dunno. I'm finding it very difficult to get upset or even remotely bothered about this and I speak as someone who doesn't really think much of Lee Johnson as our manager (albeit always ready to be surprised and happy to be so).

I fully expect LT to be absolutely brilliant for Cardiff and merely hope for a rather large and public clash with Warnock at some point.

22 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well my son picked out 3 or 4 others during my conversation with him I can't remember which ones, the highlighted portion is wrong because it is unproven, it may look weaker on paper as a famous manager once said luckily we don't play on paper.

As I pointed out god love him Wilbs managed 4 goals in a lot less games than Tomlin, on last years showing Tomlin will not be a huge loss IMO, I think his transfer will benefit the squad as a whole.

How many assists did Wilbs provide? That was the great thing about Tomlin- goals AND assists, when he was on it. Not knocking Wilbs but an assist is basically as good as a goal. Wilbs will be 38 in October incidentally so will surely have to be used VERY sparingly.

Tomlin FTR- 6 goals 5 assists, Wilbs 4 and 1. We've lost some creativity here.

26 minutes ago, downendcity said:

...but surely those are the same team mates that are all clutching at the handle of the exit door, according to all the experts on OTIB!

Your (attempting to) confuse teammates views of LT and Teamates views of LJ

Player A not shedding any tears about Tomlin but wants out anyway  

4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I'm surprised he got another chance after he threatened to "knock LJ out" in front of the tunnel away to Huddersfield.

Totally agree - the manner of the outburst shocked the whole squad as I understand ,  a lot of things changed , Tomlin not flavour of month ,and LJ (further) undermined 

23 minutes ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

Probably not but ask the same question at the end of the transfer window 

Of course but I have no faith in what quality we may bring in. Engval is a prime example. What happened to the DNA bullshit with this signing.  If we do sign a "big" player can his ego or temperament be handled. Something tells me not for some reason.

Let's face it did not work out for LT with us. 

Young Patterson stepped up and LT checked out due to lack of interest. Brownhill also came into the fold so LT ducked again. 

He will find playing for Mr Warmock a lot tougher than LJ he will have to play ball 

I personally think we are a better team without LT in it. Yes, he did some things that were brilliant to much but they too few and far between.

Tomlin comes across as someone who loves being a footballer more than he loves playing football and for the benefit of his career he needs to realise its a team game, not Tomlinball.

Tomlin is/was a **** (as a team player; as an individual, he's pretty cute, raking it in for minimum effort and return). That much seems clear. But Lee Johnson was a fool for bringing him in, believing his own delusion that he had the "emotional intelligence" to handle him. Yes, I am employing hindsight here. Johnson is employed and paid handsomely to use foresight. This - in part - nearly wrecked our season, and Johnson's immediate future. But we got away with it, we survived.

I bet Johnson - and Ashton - are breathing a big sigh of relief. Phew! Thank god he's gone, etc.

We are better off with eleven "good eggs" pulling together (certainly, with this coach), that is the lesson from last season.

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Of course but I have no faith in what quality we may bring in. Engval is a prime example. What happened to the DNA bullshit with this signing.  If we do sign a "big" player can his ego or temperament be handled. Something tells me not for some reason.

That is my biggest reservation of LJ. It was, IMO, his father's major failing and with so many internationals of various nationalities, he hasn't got any trophies as a player or manager and no international caps. Footballers are very quick to pick up on this if things are not going well.

2 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Tomlin is/was a **** (as a team player; as an individual, he's pretty cute, raking it in for minimum effort and return). That much seems clear. But Lee Johnson was a fool for bringing him in, believing his own delusion that he had the "emotional intelligence" to handle him. Yes, I am employing hindsight here. Johnson is employed and paid handsomely to use foresight. This - in part - nearly wrecked our season, and Johnson's immediate future. But we got away with it, we survived.

I bet Johnson - and Ashton - are breathing a big sigh of relief. Phew! Thank god he's gone, etc.

We are better off with eleven "good eggs" pulling together (certainly, with this coach), that is the lesson from last season.

And apparently getting the majority of the money back. Big learning curve 

46 minutes ago, PFree said:

How many players do we have that can turn a game in an instant? For me, it Kodjia, Tammy and Tomlin, and what we need is entertainment - I've renewed my ST but have little confidence in our Management I'm afraid.

No what we need is to win games. Need substance over style. When we start winning games more often than not we can talk about adding style. And there is still entertainers in the side. Maybe not Tomlin when he's feeling it level but I enjoyed watching Paterson dance around players end of last season. Joe Bryan can produce some entertaining runs. When Callum O'Dowda gets going he can embarrass a defender. I'd say I got more fun out of each of those last season than I did with LT. People grasping at LT from the loan spell but quick to forget LJ's time during that season. 

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 13:35, LoyalRed said:

Best player in "our" squad 2 seasons ago, still would be the best player if treated right.

he was our best player for a best 10% of the time, why should a club have any patience with a player who just seems to turn up when it suits him, other managers have tried to accommodate him, it should be him putting the effort in for his own personal pride, good as he COULD be we are well rid.

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Totally agree - the manner of the outburst shocked the whole squad as I understand ,  a lot of things changed , Tomlin not flavour of month ,and LJ (further) undermined 

I guess it's something you have to accept with inexperienced coaches, they won't know how to deal with that kind of situation the first time it happens.

Had we not been on such a poor run I imagine he would've tried to offload Tomlin in January but he's still managed to do so now. 

All for the best IMO. I think now the players realise that SL will give LJ more time than the usual manager perhaps they will respect him a bit more. Similar situation to the players who complained.

The amount of bollocks being spotted in this thread is unreal. The people that aren't angry LT is gone also saying we're relegation candidates. Him leaving is addition by subtraction. 1 less mouth to feed, 1 less problem behind doors, and 1 less big earner contributing nothing. The club moved forward today but much of the fan base haven't taken the step with them. I don't know how some of you can be so spoiled and expectant. Bought a 5m pound player yet moan we got our money back on an impact sub :grr:

I'm pleased he's gone. A few stellar moments but too many Stella moments for me.

Whilst undoubtedly a talented player I think he lacked the right attitude to be a consistent professional footballer.

Reminds of my youth and secondary school. Went to one that produced a few pros - including Andy Llewelyn and Keith Curle. The "star" at the time though was one who went to Arsenal. 

Ended up playing consistently - in what was then the Glos County League. Still had the tricks and the perm - but wasted the talent he once had.

Last time I saw him was a good few years back away at Deepdale - leading the line for the goading Stone Islanders....

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Warnock always makes loads of signings just like Harry boy.

Tomlin was booked 4 times in the first 6 matches last season and 10 times overall and I would suspect most if not all were for dissent, he had 5 assists but so did Taylor and O'Neil who never played nearly as much, he scored 6 goals and Patterson and Wilbs scored 4 a piece and again never played as much even Flint scored 5.

I am surprised that we managed to get the sort of fee that we did.

Bottom line Middlesborough and Bournemouth and now BCFC show that his achievement level at those 3 clubs isn't great, I think we will be stronger without him it was a poor signing.

As for last night my son was there as well and says although not great it was stature wise men against boys and the men won but he saw several players who were impressive especially both goalkeepers.

We've had tried and tested and with the exception of Wilbraham they don't work for us and yet untried netted us a huge profit.

I am not wholly convinced with LJ but he is here and hopefully has 10 games to show that things have improved, no excuses this season none at all, but things are not as bad as the picture that you paint, I remember the same amount of BS surrounding JET when he left and where is he now?.

Very good parallel. Can see LTs career going exactly the same way. 

OTIB in hyperbole precedent shocker!

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

. Bought a 5m pound player

Joe, with respect the price means nothing until he cuts the mustard in the Championship. He might be £5m worth of horse manure at this level. Again he might be the best value ever. Some on here have suggested that Joe Bryan is worth £7m which is ludicrous and most on here would agree.

Archived