IGNORED

POLL if Tomlin goes to Cardiff

The Humble Realist

If Tomlin goes to Cardiff for 3mil..POLL  

501 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He's a good player, but right now in our position we need players who can and will perform, every week, even if their performance is limited.  But on his day he's a real talent, but not sure we have the structure in place to get the best out of him.  Bear in mind that Eddie Howe, much respected coach, couldn't manage it either before judging LJ et al.

If he does leave, where he goes is irrelevant.

20 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

If Lee ends up staying let's hope he doesn't read this-he's clearly a person that needs to feel the love,to be wanted...get ready for 'supermope,and tell Colin to switch 'ees phone off!

I for one hopes he does read it, he may need to feel the love but what about us? As far as I'm concerned I need to feel entertained and he is out there representing my team and should be trying to win games for the club. If he feels he can contribute to that on a regular basis then he is welcome to stay, if not he can take his boots and play elsewhere. 

This applies to any player.

Personally I'm glad he's going and for me it was fairly obvious that we should be looking to move him on.

Absolutely the right thing and to me it was clear that his time here should come to an end this summer. In fact I'm pretty sure that in January/February time I posted on here that we needed to find a way of getting something out of him until the end of the season, but even if he ended the season well (which of course he didn't) I'd seen more than enough to tell me we needed to try and move him on this summer.

I know some will be upset that it's Cardiff, and don't get me wrong I'm fully aware of how likely it is that he will score the winner against us at least once this season, but I'm actually rather surprised and impressed that we will be getting his wages fully off the books and if the rumours are true managing to get a fee at least close to the one we paid. Personally I thought it was incredibly likely that he hung around like a bad smell and we were back to having one of our highest paid players sat in the stand every weekend. At best I saw us in a situation where we were paying the majority of his wages while he was out on loan playing for someone else.

The only qualifier I'll put on this is the Colin factor. I couldn't care less that it's Cardiff, but I can't help but think that Colin will manage to get some consistency from him. Unlike the majority of managers he wouldn't just sign a player like this on a whim and hope, he will be signing him because he fully backs his ability to get the best out of him and keep difficult personality in check. As we saw with Taarabt he managed to turn a player who is usually nothing other than a performing Sea Lion into someone who was the best player in the league that year.

So if he is going I'm very happy and sure it's the right thing, but I wouldn't be surprised at all is Colin gets the best out of him.

As for the poll, in regards to Tomlin I would clearly like to click the 'Glad... we don't need him' option, but I'd be struggling a lot with 'I back LJ all the way'.

Not bothered. Hasnt fitted in last season and was ridiculously unfit. 

Waiting for moments of magic that never came. Not worth a squad place based on this. 

Am i bothered its Cardiff? No. Theyre no more a rival than any other Championship team. 

If theyre paying the going rate of £2m+ then weve done very well to recoup most of our money ( and save the wages ). 

Ironically he looks trimmer than ever this season. But is that to be fit for a move elsewhere?! We'll have to see. 

31 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Ironically he looks trimmer than ever this season. But is that to be fit for a move elsewhere?! We'll have to see. 

Firstly, a footballer should have enough pride in himself and professionalism to get fit - it comes with the terriority - so a bit disappointing that Tomlin clearly was not there last year and he should be ashamed.

But !! my worry is that he may have actually saw sense in the summet and thought to himself - I need to prove myself but already in the clubs eyes it is too little too late.

I suppose what i'm saying is that I hope he has not got fit to show this league the real Lee Tomlin we saw at the end of 15/16 on a consistent basis instead of the shadow we saw last year and he plays at the top of his game every week somewhere else.

That said, if he has just done it to be fit for another club then :-

1. we will never know and can only speculate

2. utter disgrace

edit: by the way I voted disappointed as I feel the need to have some faith in the guy that he has genuinely tried to get fit for us !!

Tomlin clearly had issues from November onwards. He was simply not the same player. He clearly is a talented fella but this is why he is not in the Premier League. His attitude is plainly wrong and he does not have the desire. Other managers have also had trouble with him and have let him leave. I think it is a good bit of business and really Cardiff are being done. He is not going to increase in value and really if they had scouted him last season they would not be paying us nearly 3 million. He aint worth that based on his contribution and I cant see his ethic changing at 28. He will be a nearly made it player. Had the talent but just could not break into the top of his profession for non-footballing reasons.  Good luck to him but lets move on. The only thing that bugs me is that LJ (2 weeks or so ago) was insistent on building a team around him. Thus, I dont like that comment - cause it was plainly wrong and was misleading the fans.  

I'm fine with him leaving, but I do worry about our quality in depth. I still think we need a quality signing for the central midfield role, a solid keeper and arguably an out and out winger to give us enough improvement in the starting 11 and depth in the squad. I don't have a lot of faith that we'll get that.

As I said on FB, last night, the Lee Tomlin we had on loan was a completely different animal to the Lee Tomlin we signed permanently. He was disappointingly inconsistent last season, and I really don't think that would have changed this season. It seems to me, like a good bit of business by the club.

Only shame is that it's Colin & Baadiff we sold him to, as I cannot now wish him all the best!

COYR.

....I'm sure LT will experience a welcome in the hillsides as he heads over to Cardiff.

Even his sat-nav may have influenced his decision to 'cross the bridge' as it greeted him with promises of good times by repeatedly saying, 'When possible make a Ewe-Turn'

Oh well whatever turns you on Lee, whatever turns ewe on! :sub: 

I went with glad we dont need him as evidence is there that he isn't needed. I dont back LJ though he should have gone before Christmas. Im also a little disappointed because i really like seeing what he does with a football.

LJ and Tomlin were a bad mix. The whole scenario reminds me of Bridges and GJ, he didn't fit and was in GJs own words a luxury player. (Albeit a Crocked one)

Tomlin is a luxury player but LJ thought he could build around him, however the constant tinkering made that hard. Tomlin was decent early on without being brilliant, but in my opinion plays either as an out and out forward or behind a one or a two.

If we had persisted with that we may have got the best from him. Colin will and he already has it in his head where LT will play and it won't be on the ******* wing. 

Some knob told me that LJ had a plan and he knew a teensy weensy bit more than me about Tomlin. Maybe so, but Tomlins failure is LJs failure. 

Amyway moving on who is next out of the door? LJ made it clear the squad will be cut so no prizes for guessing Engval will be gone soon along with Golbourne if an offer comes in. The sixty four k question is will we get offers for Flint, Bryan, Smith and Brownhill.

Archived