IGNORED

Alan Brazil TALKSPORT

E.G.Red

Pre season gone well....lads looking fit. 2 good signings......big hopes for diedhou....physically stronger than Tammy not as natural a finisher. Says we got worked out after good start.....alludes to personal problems in players lives. Talks up young players. Interesting he says he may have over coached.......joked that GJ trying to manage both clubs. Basic summary. 

Just now, 22A said:

Why doesn't the club announce this sort of thing in advance on it's FB page etc? 

Because they don't want to subject anyone to that drivel? Adverts, awful music, more adverts, presenter talking about sponsors, adverts, music, chat in a hysterical fashion.....almost unlistenable

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

They should be doing that sort of thing. Providing a link to a stream too. I'd have tuned in if I'd known.

He was only on for 5mins tops - you haven't missed much as the interview didn't ask any questions that would of allowed LJ to go into any detail. Buster sums it up almost perfectly....

27 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Pre season gone well....lads looking fit. 2 good signings......big hopes for diedhou....physically stronger than Tammy not as natural a finisher. Says we got worked out after good start.....alludes to personal problems in players lives. Talks up young players. Interesting he says he may have over coached.......joked that GJ trying to manage both clubs. Basic summary. 

2 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

He was only on for 5mins tops - you haven't missed much as the interview didn't ask any questions that would of allowed LJ to go into any detail. Buster sums it up almost perfectly....

Yeah generally Talksport do really short interviews (to fit in more ad breaks!) but I could've just turned on with my radio app so would be nice if the club's social media let us know.

Talk Sport is hard listening to for any length of time. They do get some good guests occasionally. I remember a very good interview with Louis Carey when he broke the club appearance record a few years back.

Neil Warnock and Ray Wilkins have been good presenters and interesting to listen to. Both have good insight to the Football World . 

I think Alan Brazil is past it and surely needs to move on, and Jim White is ruddy awful .

Trouble is Five Live is even worse with its Oh so  PC, self-righteous presenters . 

Maybe theres an opportunity for someone to start an OTIB podcast or station ? 

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Why doesn't the club announce this sort of thing in advance on it's FB page etc? 

Apologies, my bad on this occasion.

Talksport do have a history of being unreliable and we did plug Dean Holden's appearances, only for them to cancel at the last minute because of the breaking Wayne Rooney to Everton news, leaving Deano with a pre-record interview instead.

Even today Lee was on 20 minutes later than originally planned, but in future we'll at least aim to tweet something, even if the time slips.

Regards,

Adam

Just now, AdamB said:

Talksport do have a history of being unreliable and we did plug Dean Holden's appearances, only for them to cancel at the last minute because of the breaking Wayne Rooney to Everton news, leaving Deano with a pre-record interview instead.

Even today Lee was on 20 minutes later than originally planned, but in future we'll at least aim to tweet something, even if the time slips.

Regards,

Adam

nice of you to man up about it Adam, 

1 hour ago, AdamB said:

Regards,

Adam

Adam

While you're on mate .......any explanation as to why Under 21 friendly matches aren't billed as such or played behind 'closed doors' like they were in previous seasons when the fixture is announced? Why the policy change? 

Yours

Angry of Devon

Archived