IGNORED

Henbury Gas

Redmist

Also having been in the police control room in the old Williams Stand they could zoom in on a car number plate live on Hotwells Road. Pretty sure cameras cover every seat for the whole duration of the time poeople are in the ground not including the big upgrade in coverage since the rebuild.IF this did happen IT WOULD have been covered on some camera. But hey guess what. Nothing.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

don't think tom runs their site anymore, he can however trace the IP

I don't know much about the dark art that is the interweb and servers, but I am guessing a computer expert, with really important qualifications would be able to use all sorts of subterfuge to avoid detection.  ( Or advise his 'mate' how to do so).  As it happens, Redmist has 3 IP addresses showing up, two from London ( one resolves to the middle of the Thames.....) and one to Bath, this one right by the river, so not sure what being so close to the Avon & the Thames tells us - he's a computer literate fish maybe?

13 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I don't know much about the dark art that is the interweb and servers, but I am guessing a computer expert, with really important qualifications would be able to use all sorts of subterfuge to avoid detection.  ( Or advise his 'mate' how to do so).  As it happens, Redmist has 3 IP addresses showing up, two from London ( one resolves to the middle of the Thames.....) and one to Bath, this one right by the river, so not sure what being so close to the Avon & the Thames tells us - he's a computer literate fish maybe?

He's using a VPN, man must be a genius ergo he is HG as only a fully qualified computer expert could do that.

Jesus

Even my hamster uses one when he's checking out 'cheeksstuffedwithnuts.com'

6 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I've been warned about those phishing scams.

15 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

More like a computer literate Thames pirate.

I wrote the epistle with the hope that it would somehow help OTIB make informed opinions but alas I seem to have wasted my time.

I think everyone made their informed opinions when it was confirmed that their was no incident.

What I suggest as you feel so strongly about the situation is you contact the Police and send them to Henbury Gas' computer shop for full interviews and statements, with all parties involved and get the ball rolling. They will easily know where this supporter was sat to, he can actually confirm at what point it happened, so they can easily look through the footage and see him getting his teeth knocked out and then go after the criminal in this case. Pretty simple stuff.

• Admin
47 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Which mod? I'm sure whoever it is will be happy to confirm.

Hi @Northern Red without going into too much detail of the PMs last night, I received a message last night asking if it was acceptable to post what was posted at the start of this thread. We on OTIB are more than happy to welcome supporters of any team onto here, and in light of recent comments on here thought it only fair we let the poster express their opinions.

5 hours ago, Redmist said:

I am , and have been for over 50 years a close friend of Henbury Gas (HG). We grew up together in the same area of Bristol.

I have read everything that has been written about him on you OTIB Forum and I can categorically state that you have got the man completely and utterly wrong.

To qualify this I would like to make the following points.

He did not make up the post that he put on the gas forum, it was related to him by the individual concerned and was also backed up by seeing the resulting injuries from the assault.

If he was going to “make things up” to try and stir things up then don’t you think he would have come up with something better than what he posted something that was difficult to contradict? Something that was not so easy to dismiss by OTIB as fiction.

I have several other points to make so please read on.

First I would like to relate to you something that happened to me, several years ago. My wife’s car was broken into in the car park of a well know supermarket. I noticed that there were 3 cameras covering the car park so I enquired with the security people if they had recorded the incident. Their reply shocked me because they said, and this was a security professional, that not only could they NOT confirm that there was any recording but also said that if there was then they couldn’t show it to me. I asked why, and was told that to do so would breach the data protection act. I am currently reviewing the data protection act as I am out of date with it, I will also check if revealing a person identity etc, on an open forum is a break of the said data protection act.

Maybe you should consider this when inquiring with BCFC if they recorded the incident. Aston Gate may have lots of cameras and it may have lots of screens showing them but unless one of the viewers happened to be watching the exact camera at the exact time of the incident then they won’t know it has happened until someone tells them.

As to why the person didn’t go to the police or a steward was that he was scared and probably in shock. These things you should take into account when considering that on top of all that he is “educationally sub normal”

To say that BCFC don’t know anything about this is a strange thing to say as his Mother phoned them to tell them about it, the response she got from the club was an offer to change his season ticket seat position. Why would they do that if the incident didn’t happen. Believe me BCFC know all about this incident and I am not surprised that they would not like it made public as we can all imagine what the press and probably the F.A would make of it.

Many people on OTIB have questioned HG’s computing skills, to help anyone who believes he is no good then consider these FACTS.

1 He has been in the computer business for decades; you don’t stay in the computer business that long if you are no good.

2  He is a qualified Microsoft O.E.M ( Original Equipment  Manufacturer) it’s the reason he was in the magazine talking about Windows 10

3 He is a qualified Intel Integrator which means he know how  Intel chips and chipsets work.

4. Before starting his current business he worked as a System Analyst then Systems Manager for a major defence company.

5 He is also and Oracle programmer.

Doesn’t sound much like a spotty teenager sat in his bedroom in his mum’s house now does it?

I would like you also to consider the following.

If one of your forum members happened to be speaking to a club official and was told that BCFC were going to announce in the next few days that they were going to sign a player and that the clubs had agreed a transfer fee and agreed the players wages, and then that forum member posted that information on the forum, only to hear later that the player failed a medical, does that make the forum member a liar? Of course not because he posted what he believed to be true  AT THE TIME HE POSTED IT.

When HG posted information about various planning issues (mainly procedural issues), as told to him by his friend who works South Glos planning dept, he posted what was true at the time he posted it, same goes for information he was told by the councillor he knows, I also know this councillor and have been friends with his Brother since school days..

Certain people on the OTIB forum seemed to think there was something strange in that HG likes cats???? He actively supports a cat charity, not just financially but with his time and his computer skills.

Now some of you reading this will jump to the conclusion that I am HG well sorry to disappoint you that I am certainly not.  I have written this with respect to your OTIB Forum and would ask that you do the same.

A couple of last points I wish to make.

HG has just bought his 50th season ticket, he is a true supporter.

I also post on the Gas Forum, all be it not as often as many do, but I have not used my forum name, I have read the threats made to HG, so who could blame me for not doing so.

TL:DR

2 hours ago, Redmist said:

I was warned by one of your Mods that there are posters who would react in a hostile manner, must admit to be taken by surprise by it. I dont wish to get into a slanging match so I wont.

To answer some of your queries

I am not HG and I too would be pleased to have one of your mods trace my I.P address

I know not what the qualifications I mentioned require as I am an engineer not a computer geek.

Yes Kernowred he was 8 I believe when he got his first season ticket, I on the other hand got mine earlier as I am older than HG

WTFIGO Yes my my writing style is similar to his in that they are both in English and taught in the same school.

Stortz, if my post is the most tragic thing you have ever read, I suggest you read a newspaper sometime.

I wrote the epistle with the hope that it would somehow help OTIB make informed opinions but alas I seem to have wasted my time.

You have indeed wasted your time.

Now off you ****.

5 hours ago, Redmist said:

I am , and have been for over 50 years a close friend of Henbury Gas (HG). We grew up together in the same area of Bristol.

I have read everything that has been written about him on you OTIB Forum and I can categorically state that you have got the man completely and utterly wrong.

He did not make up the post that he put on the gas forum, it was related to him by the individual concerned and was also backed up by seeing the resulting injuries from the assault.

If he was going to “make things up” to try and stir things up then don’t you think he would have come up with something better than what he posted something that was difficult to contradict? Something that was not so easy to dismiss by OTIB as fiction.

First I would like to relate to you something that happened to me, several years ago. My wife’s car was broken into in the car park of a well know supermarket. I noticed that there were 3 cameras covering the car park so I enquired with the security people if they had recorded the incident. Their reply shocked me because they said, and this was a security professional, that not only could they NOT confirm that there was any recording but also said that if there was then they couldn’t show it to me. I asked why, and was told that to do so would breach the data protection act. I am currently reviewing the data protection act as I am out of date with it, I will also check if revealing a person identity etc, on an open forum is a break of the said data protection act.

Maybe you should consider this when inquiring with BCFC if they recorded the incident. Aston Gate may have lots of cameras and it may have lots of screens showing them but unless one of the viewers happened to be watching the exact camera at the exact time of the incident then they won’t know it has happened until someone tells them.

As to why the person didn’t go to the police or a steward was that he was scared and probably in shock. These things you should take into account when considering that on top of all that he is “educationally sub normal”

To say that BCFC don’t know anything about this is a strange thing to say as his Mother phoned them to tell them about it, the response she got from the club was an offer to change his season ticket seat position. Why would they do that if the incident didn’t happen. Believe me BCFC know all about this incident and I am not surprised that they would not like it made public as we can all imagine what the press and probably the F.A would make of it.

Many people on OTIB have questioned HG’s computing skills, to help anyone who believes he is no good then consider these FACTS.

1 He has been in the computer business for decades; you don’t stay in the computer business that long if you are no good.

2  He is a qualified Microsoft O.E.M ( Original Equipment  Manufacturer) it’s the reason he was in the magazine talking about Windows 10

3 He is a qualified Intel Integrator which means he know how  Intel chips and chipsets work.

4. Before starting his current business he worked as a System Analyst then Systems Manager for a major defence company.

Doesn’t sound much like a spotty teenager sat in his bedroom in his mum’s house now does it?

If one of your forum members happened to be speaking to a club official and was told that BCFC were going to announce in the next few days that they were going to sign a player and that the clubs had agreed a transfer fee and agreed the players wages, and then that forum member posted that information on the forum, only to hear later that the player failed a medical, does that make the forum member a liar? Of course not because he posted what he believed to be true  AT THE TIME HE POSTED IT.

When HG posted information about various planning issues (mainly procedural issues), as told to him by his friend who works South Glos planning dept, he posted what was true at the time he posted it, same goes for information he was told by the councillor he knows, I also know this councillor and have been friends with his Brother since school days..

Certain people on the OTIB forum seemed to think there was something strange in that HG likes cats???? He actively supports a cat charity, not just financially but with his time and his computer skills.

Now some of you reading this will jump to the conclusion that I am HG well sorry to disappoint you that I am certainly not.  I have written this with respect to your OTIB Forum and would ask that you do the same.

I also post on the Gas Forum, all be it not as often as many do, but I have not used my forum name, I have read the threats made to HG, so who could blame me for not doing so.

Hang on a minute there mate, im just off to try and find someone who gives a flying **** about this.

Now that Phantom has posted that I did indeed contact him before hand, at least I had the decency to contact your mods before posting, I sent him a copy of what I wanted to post and he OK'd it. As I said in my original post that I have treated your Forum with respect, I have not slagged off any individual, and for all that I get nothing but abuse. Congratulations.

As far as I.P address go, has it not occurred to you that I may have more than one computer and more than one ISP and could travel as part of my job, oh sorry that does not fit in with your derogatory remarks.

As for answering your question about why the police were not involved, then all I can say is, I have no idea.

47 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hi @Northern Red without going into too much detail of the PMs last night, I received a message last night asking if it was acceptable to post what was posted at the start of this thread. We on OTIB are more than happy to welcome supporters of any team onto here, and in light of recent comments on here thought it only fair we let the poster express their opinions.

Fair enough. 

6 hours ago, Redmist said:

He's just bought his 50th season ticket,49 of which he has claimed not to of received,and sold on to some deluded fools.

• Admin
34 minutes ago, Redmist said:

Now that Phantom has posted that I did indeed contact him before hand, at least I had the decency to contact your mods before posting, I sent him a copy of what I wanted to post and he OK'd it. As I said in my original post that I have treated your Forum with respect, I have not slagged off any individual, and for all that I get nothing but abuse. Congratulations.

As far as I.P address go, has it not occurred to you that I may have more than one computer and more than one ISP and could travel as part of my job, oh sorry that does not fit in with your derogatory remarks.

As for answering your question about why the police were not involved, then all I can say is, I have no idea.

You were warned you'd get some stick, hardly surprising is it, the way your forum treats City fans.

As far as I.P. addresses go, has it not occurred to you that I may be taking the piss.......

To go to such trouble of contacting a mod, penning such a lengthy and quite frankly, odd defence, I would have thought you'd have ensured you had all the facts to hand.

"He did not make up the post that he put on the gas forum, it was related to him by the individual concerned and was also backed up by seeing the resulting injuries from the assault."

WOW!

I've read both threads. Here's my fourpence worth. ..

In support of HG! 

I do not for one moment accuse him of lying. I believe he did see the injuries sustained to his friend.

However,

I had my front tooth knocked out by 3 teenage idiots on my return from a pub in Nailsea. The Police believed my story because of evidence, namely the BRI report and photos of me covered in blood!

If the victim had 2 teeth knocked out, there would've been more blood spilled than just my one. The concrete terrace plus any seats would've had to be cleansed. Oh yes, and the victim would've been taken by ambulance to the BRI. ....immediately.

Conclusion 

Either his shirt was so uniformally covered in blood that everyone around him thought he was wearing a City home shirt (if he was royalty then read away shirt) OR he was using Ashtongategate (as it's to be called!) as a cover for what really happened for him to lose 2 teeth. A family member comes to mind?

6 hours ago, Redmist said:

Congratulations you have won biggest belend 2017 on OTIB.

You are a complet belter now **** off.

9 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

You were warned you'd get some stick, hardly surprising is it, the way your forum treats City fans.

As far as I.P. addresses go, has it not occurred to you that I may be taking the piss......

To go to such trouble of contacting a mod, penning such a lengthy and quite frankly, odd defence, I would have thought you'd have ensured you had all the facts to hand.

It's not just that is it Maesknoll, he's on our forum- when we wouldn't even be allowed on theirs- vehemently sticking up for someone who repeatedly makes up spiteful, mendacious nonsense about our club and fans (and rather strangely trying to impress us with said individual's IT skills).

Under the circumstances I think everyone has been fairly reasonable tbh.

49 minutes ago, Redmist said:

The thing that I find most curious is that you've resurrected a topic which was, to all intents and purposes, closed as far as this forum was concerned. Our mods rightly, IMO took the decision to lock the thread and as a consequence, we all moved on. We've been more interested in transfer activity. You've deliberately and quite unnecessarily kicked a hornet nest, and now you're surprised and are bleating on about being stung. Poor you. Frankly, you've got all that you deserve.

Archived