IGNORED

Brett Pitman

Gillies Downs Leeds

10 minutes ago, shelts said:

I liked Brett . Very intelligent player. Never saw the best of him at Ashton Gate. Dropping down now. Would bet on a few goals from him. 

Intelligent, but one of the least athletic players I've ever seen.  Still, it doesn't seem to have stopped him scoring goals wherever he's been.

2 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Sounds like he is off to Portsmouth. Has only scored 15 goals in last 2 seasons at Ipswich. Will do well for Pompey in league one I reckon, might have a few quid on him being top goalscorer in that league.

Good shout, I fancy Pompey to go up again next season too.

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

good player mismanaged by us

57 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Still one of the most hilarious things the club has ever done with him. McInnes plays him left wing and Adomah upfront instead of him. Sells him to Bournemouth for £50k. Amazing

I am genuinely embarrassed at the way we treated Brett when he was here. People bang on about LJ but if you want to see mismanagement of the highest order look no further than that period.

I felt sorry for him, he could have been something special at AG if he`d been treated properly.

21 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I am genuinely embarrassed at the way we treated Brett when he was here. People bang on about LJ but if you want to see mismanagement of the highest order look no further than that period.

I felt sorry for him, he could have been something special at AG if he`d been treated properly.

Feel sorry for a bulk of players we had during that period. 

20 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Don't forget that some will tell you McInnes "had no funds", yet he spent £2m on Baldock and Steve Davies, then sold Pitman for £60k (!) and didn't buy a decent centre half, borrowing a series of utterly shite ones (boy did he get lucky when Bikey kept us up).

Bloody clown.

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Don't forget that some will tell you McInnes "had no funds", yet he spent £2m on Baldock and Steve Davies, then sold Pitman for £60k (!) and didn't buy a decent centre half, borrowing a series of utterly shite ones (boy did he get lucky when Bikey kept us up).

Bloody clown.

Sure thing Sunderland dodging a bullet..

59 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

He'll never be welcomed inside the Bristol boundaries ever again..... he LIED to @Dollymarie before promptly doing a runner didn't he?  ... ffs  ... burnt his bridges here good and proper... :) 

He'll be looking anxiously over his shoulder for the rest of his life after that... phew, nothing like a woman scorned, they NEVER FORGET.

Thought that was Sam Baldock?

Just now, WhistleHappy said:

He'll never be welcomed inside the Bristol boundaries ever again..... he LIED to @Dollymarie before promptly doing a runner didn't he?  ... ffs  ... burnt his bridges here good and proper... :) 

He'll be looking anxiously over his shoulder for the rest of his life after that... phew, nothing like a woman scorned, they NEVER FORGET.

No dear. It was Baldock who lied to my face. :) 

Just now, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Thought that was Sam Baldock?

Oh shyte ... so it was ... (good job I'm not a woman scorned eh?, ...with a memory like mine! :rolleyes:)

Come back anytime you like Brett mate, pop in for a cuppa and a piece of cake and a catch up, you'll be most welcome. 

Archived