IGNORED

Worried?

OhhhhhhFAMMYFAMMY

So, with the season just a few weeks away, is anyone worried about the upcoming season? Having struggled last year just scraping through, now loosing our 2 top goal scorers, having only signed 2 players...are we going to have enough??? I hope I'm wrong but if we get of to a shakey start the pressure could be on Johnson from early doors!

hope I'm wrong

CTID 

UTC

Just now, RumRed said:

With the current squad I think we'll struggle, however I'm pleased Tomlin has ****** off over the bridge.

I have to agree. Tomlin is a Hard one. Great player but doesn't suit us, get him man managed or maybe in a team like Newcastle last season who are very strong you can afford to have him in the team and he will blossom 

Just now, OhhhhhhFAMMYFAMMY said:

I have to agree. Tomlin is a Hard one. Great player but doesn't suit us, get him man managed or maybe in a team like Newcastle last season who are very strong you can afford to have him in the team and he will blossom 

You may be right, I just think he'll always be difficult to keep happy no matter where he is.  Will be interesting to see what happens with Warnock.

3 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I am very worried. We just don't appear to be an attractive proposition in the english leagues. We now need to see some action in the market. 

Don't think there's much evidence of that actually. We've bought in a forward supposedly fancied by Udinese and other bigger clubs than us and a top level experienced Italian right back already. 

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Don't think there's much evidence of that actually. We've bought in a forward supposedly fancied by Udinese and other bigger clubs than us and a top level experienced Italian right back already. 

Is he tho PF ?

A strange signing for me , can't really comment on his abilities until we get to see some competitive action and hope he becomes a cult hero , but not convinced about this one

Awful,lot of pressure on our new Senegalese 'Chief' as it stands right now

I do like the look of him and think he will be a success of sorts but I still think we have a muddled squad , and lack real quality to damage sides

25 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Is he tho PF ?

A strange signing for me , can't really comment on his abilities until we get to see some competitive action and hope he becomes a cult hero , but not convinced about this one

Awful,lot of pressure on our new Senegalese 'Chief' as it stands right now

I do like the look of him and think he will be a success of sorts but I still think we have a muddled squad , and lack real quality to damage sides

I think we'll be alright.

Re Pisano, he's played for a better Italian team than either Magnússon (loan) or Đurić played for.  100 games in Serie A.  He might take time to adjust, but his pedigree is good....and seems like he is really embracing being here (his wife certainly is too), which is half the battle.

Diedhiou won't get 26, but I think he'll bring us different qualities that Tammy (who was incredible).

Muddled squad?  Yes, I get where you're coming from.

I think we'll be fine. 62 points and around 13th. The core that led us to safety is still here and that side didn't rely that heavily on Tammy and the goals were a bit more spread. Think Diedhiou should be enough to fill that gap and Pisano you'd hope is better than Little. Certainly adds a presence at RB. If Brownhill, O'Dowda and Paterson can add some more goals and Paterson proved he can, then it'll really ease the pressure on the front men. Don't know who starts next to Doedhiou and I'd hope the Dicko rumour comes true or someone of that ilk. Think we can get a more box to box type threat to replace Korey. Then a move for a commanding keeper but as is I see it midtable. Think we're better than the teams coming up and a few others like Burton, Ipswich, Barnsley and a few others. 

I genuinely would be happy to roll with this squad. Anything else is a bonus, at the back end of last season we looked absolutely awesome and bar Tammy those players are still here and a year more experienced in the Championship. I believe we will get 59 points and finish 14th.

59 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I am very worried. We just don't appear to be an attractive proposition in the english leagues. We now need to see some action in the market. 

On the back of us signing a player for over £5 million your comment confuses me. 

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think we'll be alright.

Re Pisano, he's played for a better Italian team than either Magnússon (loan) or Đurić played for.  100 games in Serie A.  He might take time to adjust, but his pedigree is good....and seems like he is really embracing being here (his wife certainly is too), which is half the battle.

Diedhiou won't get 26, but I think he'll bring us different qualities that Tammy (who was incredible).

Muddled squad?  Yes, I get where you're coming from.

Obviously it's a tall order to get that many goals, but to say it so definitely when I'm sure you haven't watched him play a whole match is fast even for an OTIB judgement!

At least give him 5 mins in the Yeovil friendly before we can judge his ability!

Just now, Tammys Scan said:

If you're depressed, you live in the past. If you're worried, you live in the future. If you're at peace, you live in the present.

Blimey, I'd put the spliff down and do the sensible thing, head to the local 24 hour garage for 8 Wagon Wheels and a copy of Razzle. :shifty:

Just now, RumRed said:

Blimey, I'd put the spliff down and do the sensible thing, head to the local 24 hour garage for 8 Wagon Wheels and a copy of Razzle. :shifty:

Quit that a few weeks ago, on the Modafinil now, you should try it. I'll get the Razzle but skip the Wagon Wheels, it's a hunger suppressant.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Doom and gloom based on pure and wild speculation..........:facepalm:

z z z z z z z z z z z z     :fastasleep:

Nope, worried as things stand. Given the status quo, we will be lucky to stay up and the hapless head coach fills me with nothing but dread. Hopefully, I'm wrong but I would suggest he will be gone by Xmas and we will be in deep shit, again! 

34 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Obviously it's a tall order to get that many goals, but to say it so definitely when I'm sure you haven't watched him play a whole match is fast even for an OTIB judgement!

At least give him 5 mins in the Yeovil friendly before we can judge his ability!

He might get 27!  :P I think you've misinterpreted my post.    If not, then fine.

I'm not doubting his ability.  I've seen enough clips of him over the best part of two years following his name being mentioned by @Shtanley to think I know what we'll get...and I'm delighted he's signed.  Don't take my goals comment to be a criticism or judging him to not be good enough, the next sentence i wrote was a compliment to the other parts of his game.  I thought that if Diedhiou was available, that clubs plenty bigger and better than us would get him, especially at £5m+.  That's a fee which attracts bigger spenders than us, and quite often more attractive than us...where we tend to miss out  The fact we've got him is a massive (potentially) coup (French word?).  He has a better allround game than Kodjia, but not as quick (who is?) and not as many tricks, but he'll lead the line better, be involved more in general play etc. Tammy was different again, and difficult to sum up, apart from the obvious poacher.  There were times when his back-to-goal play belied his tender age, but there were others when it didn't stick.

i know a lot more about Diedhiou at this point than I did Kodjia prior to his English debut v Yeovil in 15/16 pre-season and I liked what I saw that day....the clips / highlights I've seen over a period of time of Diedhiou make me confident we've signed someone who can make equally as big an impact as our previous SCO Angers signing.

Of course watching him live will give me more basis for a proper reflective review of what we've got, but I've seen a fair bit more of him that the 4 minute YouTube package.  A view of ability is different to a view of performances.  And that view will take more than 5 minutes!!  Although Tammy it only took 23 :P

The above probably comes across a bit arsey!

Archived