IGNORED

Worried?

OhhhhhhFAMMYFAMMY

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Don't think there's much evidence of that actually. We've bought in a forward supposedly fancied by Udinese and other bigger clubs than us and a top level experienced Italian right back already. 

And lets not forget it is a revolving door so more players in and out will always be the case; add in the dimension of the biggest ego leaving the club and I fancy our current squad might, in part, come out from their shadows. I am convinced we will do better than last season which, of course, is not saying much.

Dont worry be happy. Think its gonna be alright. If it dont works right turn left. Think the squad looks Interesting and the leave of Tomlin is good for the team, sorry to say. In LJ and Macca I trust, both have played at this level and know what its about. Think the season will be Interesting and Im hopeful. Think the long bad run last season was good for us, we learned to be under pressuare and worked it out. The italian and Bryan will be good when they get support fr.o.m. the midfield, we have creative players who can score. Famara , Đurić, Taylor maybe Engvall. Gustav no one knows, but got the feeling, no, Hope Im wrong. Probably there will be some more coming in. Cant see that we will struggle. Predict we will be in midtable. Last season I hoped for top six, heart. Think it looks better this season. Tammy gone, yes, other players will find the net. Its not good If we should relay on only one player to score. Our mf has to step forward and score. Not afraid of the other teams, we are as good as most of them. Maybe Im to optimistic, but this is my feeling. 

I look at the team and feel uninspired generally.

Very lightweight midfield - far from convinced about Joey - would be happy with one hard working proven midfielder who can control the game but not sure who.

Worried that Bobby is flattering to deceive in pre-season and will prove to be nothing but the league 1 player I think he is !!

As said one quality signing in middle of park would perk me up and be happy to go with what we got.

9 hours ago, OhhhhhhFAMMYFAMMY said:

So, with the season just a few weeks away, is anyone worried about the upcoming season? Having struggled last year just scraping through, now loosing our 2 top goal scorers, having only signed 2 players...are we going to have enough??? I hope I'm wrong but if we get of to a shakey start the pressure could be on Johnson from early doors!

hope I'm wrong

CTID 

UTC

our best run that saved us came without one of those players, the others been replaced by a 5 million pound striker from france

So, with the season just a few weeks away, is anyone worried about the upcoming season? Having struggled last year just scraping through, now loosing our 2 top goal scorers, having only signed 2 players...are we going to have enough??? I hope I'm wrong but if we get of to a shakey start the pressure could be on Johnson from early doors!

hope I'm wrong

CTID 

UTC

If we were to start with what we have now then we will be in serious trouble from the off...will I'm sure be two,maybe three more in over the next few weeks-critical that they have quality in the required positions.

Another striker,a right winger-another keeper would be nice...could be a nervy few weeks,and I'm hoping that Lee"s comment about being happy to start with the squad we have was just 'speil!..

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I'd add ipswich to that and possibly QPR

And PNE and Sheff Utd. Neither have exceptional squads on paper. They just get the best out of what they have which is exactly what we'll need to do. 

People need to wake up and realise that we're not a Villa, Norwich, Derby and we're not going to have a squad on paper that looks anywhere near as strong. 

We didn't in 07/08 either and we were 90 minutes from the Premier League. All about application. 

8 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

You can't be worried if you have no expectations to start with!

This is true higher you climb the further to fall, expect the worse it avoids countless dis-appointments; a couple of inexp, in this league signings and some are looking for a top half even challenging for top six wtf? have those fans noticed what other gen top six clubs are doing i.e Villa, Boro, Wolves, Hull, Sunderland, Brum and yes even Cardiff will certainly be top ten/challenging for top six;

We look like repeating last seasons efforts i.e struggling in the bottom 3rd and that's if our new Tammy replacement is what many hope he is. The season starts in a few weeks and our likely starting eleven when it does start, haven't even played together yet;

I expect many changes as the season progresses with LJ struggling to find a winning line up.....which could take a while.

So round and round we go.....don't expect too much.

9 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Why worried? The young players we signed a year ago will be better for the games they had (some on loan) last season. We've just signed a £5m international striker and we've now probably got another £2m if we want to sign anyone else.

Everyone keeps talking about this 5M striker. He has replaced a 26 goal striker from last season so I don't see how that has strengthened us. We finished 3 points from the drop with those 26 goals and have just sold our most creative player. Squad is looking too workman like with little technical quality. Big concern. Chequebook needs to be opened and we need to buy some serious quality to improve on last years poor showing. 

hope I'm wrong

CTID 

UTC

It is not so much Tomlin going, although disappoining, it is the belief expressed that a squad that struggled badly for most of the season will suddenly due to the passage if time be better and be able to keep us our of a relegation dog fight. Also the lack of further signings is a major worry. I fear for us next season if nothing changes between now and the start of the season.

9 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

Our current squad is better than Barnsley, Burton Albion, Bolton and Millwall. Thats about it as far as I can see.

Last years squad was better than Barnsley and we finished behind them. It was miles better than Burton's and we finished just above them. The other two team will be feeling the newly promoted bounce.

relying on others to be worse than us is what it's come to isn't it?

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Last years squad was better than Barnsley and we finished behind them. It was mikes better than Burton's and we finished just above them. The other two team will be feeling the newly promoted bounce.

relying on others to be worse than us is what it's come to isn't it?

Be nice to have some ambition to do a Bournemouth or a Huddersfield otherwise what is the point if we are just happy to scrape survival? I don't get it. 

I dont know what to think, i just still have very little faith with the management team. Even a good start as such wont overly help my worries as we started reasonably last season. Have to wait and see but some more proven performers at this level added to the squad would be nice.

4 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Everyone keeps talking about this 5M striker. He has replaced a 26 goal striker from last season so I don't see how that has strengthened us. We finished 3 points from the drop with those 26 goals and have just sold our most creative player. Squad is looking too workman like with little technical quality. Big concern. Chequebook needs to be opened and we need to buy some serious quality to improve on last years poor showing. 

If we carry on our form following the January transfers then we'll comfortably be mid-table, Tomlin created very little for us last season with the exception of the Huddersfield game on Sky, we played better with two up front and he didn't fit into that system.

8 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Be nice to have some ambition to do a Bournemouth or a Huddersfield otherwise what is the point if we are just happy to scrape survival? I don't get it. 

Bournemouth have a young talented British manager. 

We have a young British manager. 

8 minutes ago, bris red said:

I dont know what to think, i just still have very little faith with the management team. Even a good start as such wont overly help my worries as we started reasonably last season. Have to wait and see but some more proven performers at this level added to the squad would be nice.

Agree, but I just have this feeling it isn't going to happen.

Just now, Northern Red said:

People seem to be assuming that we won't sign anyone else. 

Why is this? 

We may sign someone but it needs to be a quality signing to cover what we have lost. And by that I don't mean someone with a big price tag but someone who can bring something to the team.

36 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

our best run that saved us came without one of those players, the others been replaced by a 5 million pound striker from france

We could sign my Dad from Australia for £5m but it doesn't mean we will be any better. The French guy isn't proven at this level so is a big gamble IMO especially at that price. He may, however be a revelation so fingers crossed.  My point here really is that price means nothing.

21 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

To replicate the success of those teams would mean getting promoted to the Premier League and most of the people who post on here wouldn't want that.

9 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Is he tho PF ?

A strange signing for me , can't really comment on his abilities until we get to see some competitive action and hope he becomes a cult hero , but not convinced about this one

Awful,lot of pressure on our new Senegalese 'Chief' as it stands right now

I do like the look of him and think he will be a success of sorts but I still think we have a muddled squad , and lack real quality to damage sides

Not had the chance to watch him but he's played a good amount of Serie A games (which is known as one of the best defensive leagues in the world). Issue for me will be language barrier as communication is arguably most important for defence. 

Feel there's much more pressure on Diedhiou. If he starts slow and takes five games to score his first goal, people will start having doubts.. 

Archived