IGNORED

Worried?

OhhhhhhFAMMYFAMMY

11 hours ago, Touch_my_butter said:

Not worried - think we'll finish a comfortable 12th-16th.

No frills, no danger, solid yet unremarkable season

It will be remarkable if we have an unremarkable season as we seem to be a bipolar team existing towards one end or the other, usually the bottom end at this level. We rarely do no frills, no danger seasons so it will be remarkable if we do have such a season.

I'm a little bit worried. I'm not sure whether the problems from last season will be rectified and if we have a bad run (which is inevitable for mid-table sides if that's what we'll be) the pressure will be immense following last season's losing streak. Also a lot will depend on any other comings and goings in the squad. 

40 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Admire the optimism but it seems to solely stem from a few wins at the end of the season against teams that had little or nothing to play for whereas we finally woke up and were fighting for our lives. For the majority of the rest of the season we were clueless, dreadful.

If you don't move forward in this division, you're moving backwards. Therefore, as of now we are most definitely not in a better position than last season with Little and Tammy (our player of the season, by a mile) gone.

62 pts looks very optimistic with a poor manager and a squad that hasn't been improved.

History tells us that it is actually quite likely LJ will be gone by October; some cause for optimism at least. Managers that have had a poor season previously and end up getting fired in the first few months of the next season include: Tinnion, Millen, McInnes and SOD. It can even happen if you won the league the season before, see Cotterill.

LJ's position is incredibly precarious and he needs good quality signings asap because as of now our position is not good.

wolves, QPR, Blackburn, wigan, Burton were all fighting relegation when we got results against them,

Norwich were still pushing for the play-offs

Brighton & Huddlesfield were fighting for the title/promotion,

They all had something to play for, apart from Barnsley

I cannot see how anyone has confidence in LJ to organise or coach a team when he didn't have a clue how to solve the slide in form of any of the teams he has been managing/coaching.  When his one up front was not working he was interviewed and said he didn't know what to do and he will have to go back to the drawing board after 40+ games, Neil Warnock has a new team plays 45 minutes against us he knows how to change things and caaardiff beat us. The fans of the other teams he has managed and coached say the same thing until he has injuries to players and is forced to change his tactics he is useless.  LJ comes across as a dodgy cockney second hand car dealer who talks the talk you believe what he says you think what a nice bloke he knows what he's talking about you buy the car when it breaks down on the way home he blames everyone else blames your driving the road condition and says i give 100% every day the same cannot be said about everyone in my business so refuses to take any responsibility and sort the mess out.. i was not confident about last season but very glad we didn't get relegated but i am sorry to say their are going to be more of our top players leaving this season because of LJ confused and strange management selection/tactics and i am really worried we will be playing the gas next season. i am really hoping i am wrong COYR...  

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

wolves, QPR, Blackburn, wigan, Burton were all fighting relegation when we got results against them,

Norwich were still pushing for the play-offs

Brighton & Huddlesfield were fighting for the title/promotion,

They all had something to play for, apart from Barnsley

I think you're being slightly economical with the truth there. Wolves were in awesome form when they came to AG and whilst it was a good result to beat them they were all but safe at the time. QPR were not fighting a relegation battle when we played them, they were dragged into it late in the day owing to Blackburn's form (and partly ours). Burton were fighting relegation and we drew 0-0 with them. Wigan were still just about in a relegation fight, fair we beat them 1-0 despite a very poor performance, though they had lost about 9 on the trot at home. Norwich were barely in the play off hunt as I recall and their manager was under immense pressure to get the sack when they came to AG. Brighton had won promotion which was their main goal, Hudds I'll give you - but that result looks an anomaly when compared to the rest of our season.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think you're being slightly economical with the truth there. Wolves were in awesome form when they came to AG and whilst it was a good result to beat them they were all but safe at the time. QPR were not fighting a relegation battle when we played them, they were dragged into it late in the day owing to Blackburn's form (and partly ours). Burton were fighting relegation and we drew 0-0 with them. Wigan were still just about in a relegation fight, fair we beat them 1-0 despite a very poor performance, though they had lost about 9 on the trot at home. Norwich were barely in the play off hunt as I recall and their manager was under immense pressure to get the sack when they came to AG. Brighton had won promotion which was their main goal, Hudds I'll give you - but that result looks an anomaly when compared to the rest of our season.

we'll have to agree to disagree kid, if you aren't mathematically save and only 4 or so points off the bottom 3 then you are still fighting against it imo,

The thing that is worrying is the lack of personnel we have up top with Taylor Đurić and Wilbs all out injured and not had any pre season yet. I think that's why were seeing Bobby behind the striker a lot in the friendlies as them three ain't gonna be up to speed before season starts.

1 minute ago, cityboy99 said:

The thing that is worrying is the lack of personnel we have up top with Taylor Đurić and Wilbs all out injured and not had any pre season yet. I think that's why were seeing Bobby behind the striker a lot in the friendlies as them three ain't gonna be up to speed before season starts.

Perhaps Gustav will get his chance after all!

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Admire the optimism but it seems to solely stem from a few wins at the end of the season against teams that had little or nothing to play for whereas we finally woke up and were fighting for our lives. For the majority of the rest of the season we were clueless, dreadful.

If you don't move forward in this division, you're moving backwards. Therefore, as of now we are most definitely not in a better position than last season with Little and Tammy (our player of the season, by a mile) gone.

62 pts looks very optimistic with a poor manager and a squad that hasn't been improved.

History tells us that it is actually quite likely LJ will be gone by October; some cause for optimism at least. Managers that have had a poor season previously and end up getting fired in the first few months of the next season include: Tinnion, Millen, McInnes and SOD. It can even happen if you won the league the season before, see Cotterill.

LJ's position is incredibly precarious and he needs good quality signings asap because as of now our position is not good.

The trend that this shows -> managers get fired about every season. Period.

Most clubs will have the same pattern - Don't get the results you want? Fire the manager. Near the relegation zone? Fire the manager. Not quite in the playoffs? Fire the manager. Won the league last season, but not currently top this season? Fire the manager.

We'll start off okay, then go on a bad run (que "LJ OUT"), then improve (que "LJ IN You were all wrong"), then go on a worse run (que "LJ OUT, I can't support him anymore), then LJ will go, around the same time as Cotts did. Screenshot this, I'm an alien.

16 hours ago, OhhhhhhFAMMYFAMMY said:

So, with the season just a few weeks away, is anyone worried about the upcoming season? Having struggled last year just scraping through, now loosing our 2 top goal scorers, having only signed 2 players...are we going to have enough??? I hope I'm wrong but if we get of to a shakey start the pressure could be on Johnson from early doors!

hope I'm wrong

CTID 

UTC

Same shit different season..... !!

9 minutes ago, Touch_my_butter said:

The trend that this shows -> managers get fired about every season. Period.

Most clubs will have the same pattern - Don't get the results you want? Fire the manager. Near the relegation zone? Fire the manager. Not quite in the playoffs? Fire the manager. Won the league last season, but not currently top this season? Fire the manager.

Or we could follow the model of a club like Swansea say, and just appoint good manager after good manager?

That would be my preferred option.

41 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

We'll start off okay, then go on a bad run (que "LJ OUT"), then improve (que "LJ IN You were all wrong"), then go on a worse run (que "LJ OUT, I can't support him anymore), then LJ will go, around the same time as Cotts did. Screenshot this, I'm an alien.

Que?

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Que means 'what'. Correct spelling for what you're trying to say would be 'cue'.

Yeah I know, it was a really poor attempt at humour to try and deflect the attention from my spelling mistakes.

We've lost our two top scorers from last season and the only two players who can win a game out of nothing, lot of pressure on our new striker if he doesn't hit the ground running, hope I'm wrong but I can only see a season of struggle, 3 or 4 new  players and it might be a different story 

1 minute ago, cityboy99 said:

Think he due back Monday just in time for the hot weather training camp so will be interesting to see if he is given a chance against Cheltenham and Fc Twente 

You'd certainly hope so. Though I think he's been injured, hopefully nothing too bad. 

17 hours ago, Robbored said:

Doom and gloom based on pure and wild speculation..........:facepalm:

z z z z z z z z z z z z     :fastasleep:

Yep. As above  

Im annoyed about the whole Tomlin fiasco, however we finished well and Brownhill, Taylor Patterson Wright finished strong and own/earned there shirts. 

We have games under the belts of some good players who will be chomping at the bit to play. 

The wild cards are, is the forward any good, who else is going out to be replaced and is Junior really any good?

I don't feel doom and gloom except on here of course!

17 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Is he tho PF ?

A strange signing for me , can't really comment on his abilities until we get to see some competitive action and hope he becomes a cult hero , but not convinced about this one

Awful,lot of pressure on our new Senegalese 'Chief' as it stands right now

I do like the look of him and think he will be a success of sorts but I still think we have a muddled squad , and lack real quality to damage sides

Agree with every word of this.

Want the RB to succeed of course but a 30 year old who has spent half of his career in Serie B, all of it in Italy and clearly can't speak any English is certainly a gamble. Last season he wasn't always an automatic choice for Verona..

The lad up front is going to be under huge pressure and not just because of the transfer fee, either.

We have been spoiled by having the hugely underrated Kodjia and brilliant Tammy in the last two seasons, if Diedhiou can get 15 he will have done very well, but even then we will still be goals down from this season.

Truly not bothered about Tomlin going at all, but we do look very short of quality to me and are a bottom six side (again) at present.

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You'd certainly hope so. Though I think he's been injured, hopefully nothing too bad. 

Yeah i seen Tinman went out there to watch not knowing he was injured :facepalm:

Cant find any info on the severity of the injury hopefully just a knock.

Archived