IGNORED

Tinnion's Tweet

Bar BS3

I don't really do twitter, so often miss what's posted on there. I just had a notification of several friends having liked Tinnion's Tweet, so had a look. Speaks a 1,000 words I'd say.... 

"our club always comes first, above all"

As much as I loved LT in full flow and some of his moments were simply magical, I can't help thinking we will prosper more without him, than with him. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't really do twitter, so often miss what's posted on there. I just had a notification of several friends having liked Tinnion's Tweet, so had a look. Speaks a 1,000 words I'd say.... 

"our club always comes first, above all"

As much as I loved LT in full flow and some of his moments were simply magical, I can't help thinking we will prosper more without him, than with him. 

There is no doubting his ability and had he performed last season on a more consistent basis like he did during his loan spell, his departure would be more questioned.

As you say , Tinman's tweet clearly indicates problems behind the scenes with the player. If is unusual for a club official (at any club) to post such a comment and to be acknowledged by a board member!

I think I saw this mentioned on here yesterday, but nobody really picked up the fact that Tinnon rarely comments on stuff like this, unlike many he's not a Tweeter for the sake of it. When he comments there is a message sure enough.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

I think I saw this mentioned on here yesterday, but nobody really picked up the fact that Tinnon rarely comments on stuff like this, unlike many he's not a Tweeter for the sake of it. When he comments there is a message sure enough.

indeed, thats my take too, also Stockhausen's tweet about most of the squad aren't going to miss him and the fact the vast majority didn't wish him all the best, which is odd for our team

17 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

indeed, thats my take too, also Stockhausen's tweet about most of the squad aren't going to miss him and the fact the vast majority didn't wish him all the best, which is odd for our team

I thought it was interesting, and probably very telling, that there was no quote from LJ on his departure, just a brief comment from Ashton. 

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Am I missing something - how do we know it's relating to LT?

Because of a coincidence?  As already stated Tinnion rarely tweets but he does so the day after Tomlin moves on.

Most of us know that Tomlin is a stroppy bugger when things aren't going his way. That's what happened at Bornmuff and EH was no doubt delighted that LT went out on loan.

I dare say that Junior was well aware of Tomlins antics and probably thought he could handle his difficult attitude but obviously not.

Colin will have the experience of dealing with awkward players before and he'll get the best out of LT, probably the only manager that could.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Because of a coincidence?  As already stated Tinnion rarely tweets but he does so the day after Tomlin moves on.

Most of us know that Tomlin is a stroppy bugger when things aren't going his way. That's what happened at Bornmuff and EH was no doubt delighted that LT went out on loan.

I dare say that Junior was well aware of Tomlins antics and probably thought he could handle his difficult attitude but obviously not.

Colin will have the experience of dealing with awkward players before and he'll get the best out of LT, probably the only manager that could.

I think had the club not signed Tomlin last summer they would have been hung out to dry following his loan spell. Every manager believes they're the one who can deal with a player. That's why players like Barton will always get another chance. When Tomlin leaves Cardiff , there be a number of clubs looking to sign him.

18 minutes ago, daored said:

I think had the club not signed Tomlin last summer they would have been hung out to dry following his loan spell. Every manager believes they're the one who can deal with a player. That's why players like Barton will always get another chance. When Tomlin leaves Cardiff , there be a number of clubs looking to sign him.

I really don't think so. If Warnock can't do it not many managers will feel they could discipline him.

I really do think at this level this could be last chance. Players like Barton are different. They apply themselves, they just cannot control their discipline. The only similarity with LT is the inability to control their mouth. Barton actually kept himself fit, played hard in each game, always put in the effort; he was just disruptive. LT, as we saw last year, is pants when he's not applying himself and disruptive.  

I wouldn't compare LTto Barton. I'd compare him to JET, another wonderfully talented player who didn't apply himself to achieve what he could and should have (at least JET was likeable though). Last season JET turned out for Gillingham and MK Dons and does not appear like having any real career left at this level. That fate awaits LT unless this move works, I'm certain - in fact I predict it's inevitable.

16 minutes ago, daored said:

Exactly. Although I don't think it's just down to managers thinking they can deal with players like this in these situations, they are prepared to gamble just because they might get some good out of players like this who rarely give us a second glance. They overlook the negatives and hope if we pamper to needs the positives will outweigh them. 

Obviously we paid him well, gave him a good contract and allowed him to try to take care of domestic matters by  allowing him to travel home to Leicester after games etc instead of spending time with his team mates ( some also travelled independently but not the majority). In Tomlins case except for a few times he seemed to be taking more than giving, I'm glad this has stopped now.

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

Have any of our players wished him well?

Đurić left a message on LT's Instagram photo, as did Tammy and Dave Cotts. So only Đurić out of our current squad. 

Edit: I would screen shot it and post it here but I know the mods will take it down. Every other word is 'cynt', 'w4nker', 'fat bastard', 'snakey' etc...

Also, interesting to look at his photos. Compare it to Flint's or Korey's and there is very little banter between the squad and apart from 1 pic of LT and Wilbs that was taken outside of training/match day etc, no social pics either with the squad.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

I'm not having that he missed the Burton penalty on purpose.  

Maybe not, it always seemed quite ironic though that are super-duper snooker table pitch, only fell apart under his standing foot at the crucial moment, ;)

35 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Đurić left a message on LT's Instagram photo, as did Tammy and Dave Cotts. So only Đurić out of our current squad. 

Edit: I would screen shot it and post it here but I know the mods will take it down. Every other word is 'cynt', 'w4nker', 'fat bastard', 'snakey' etc...

Also, interesting to look at his photos. Compare it to Flint's or Korey's and there is very little banter between the squad and apart from 1 pic of LT and Wilbs that was taken outside of training/match day etc, no social pics either with the squad.

I'd say it's fairly clear he wasn't popular with the squad. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

I'd say it's fairly clear he wasn't popular with the squad. 

I just sincerely hope when we play Cardiff someone goes in bloody hard very early on. And when we are at home, he gets the reception he is getting from social media. Remember very clearly him getting sent off at Ashton Gate for lashing out at one of our defenders (wanna say Fontaine but may be wrong). Let's test his resolve again. I don't think it would be like other games where he has produced when taunted, I think here we'd really get under his skin.

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I just sincerely hope when we play Cardiff someone goes in bloody hard very early on. And when we are at home, he gets the reception he is getting from social media. Remember very clearly him getting sent off at Ashton Gate for lashing out at one of our defenders (wanna say Fontaine but may be wrong). Let's test his resolve again. I don't think it would be like other games where he has produced when taunted, I think here we'd really get under his skin.

We can only hope! Certainly a volatile character and I'm sure Flint could wind him up a treat. If he's not playing elsewhere by then!

Didn't he practically walk by himself around the pitch during the lap of honour after Birmingham? At the back with his head half heartedly up when everybody else were in groups talking to each other.

We could speculate rumours about dressing rooms bust UPS's way at Huddersfield, Wolves and Burton at home. But the fact rumours exist probably speak volumes that something happened. No smoke without fire.

Archived