IGNORED

Tinnion's Tweet

Bar BS3

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Do we think it all stemmed from his pen. "miss" against Burton ?

Tomlin was effing and jeffing at anyone and everyone from the word go last season, team mates and referees (before he later started on LJ), and picked up 4 yellows in the first 8 games. He didn't look a happy bunny back then.

Hats off to our very own @Davefevs (I think it was) who spotted way back, before Christmas, some hints of Tomlin's true character and his likely undermining of team spirit and unity, in a club behind-the-scenes vid (pre-season, or from an away trip, I cannot remember), in which "Tommo" is giving some "bants" to the lads. Our Dave had his doubts about this "banter," and questioned whether this was a good thing or not. He speculated indications of contempt on Tomlin's part and possible damage to team harmony. Dave showing the sort of "emotional intelligence" LJ likes to think he has (maybe Johnson saw this too, tbf, but by then it was too late).

The late, lamented @spudski of this parish - bless him - also noted Tomlin's frequent lambasting of team-mates during games, and thought he was a wrong 'un. 

40 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Tomlin was effing and jeffing at anyone and everyone from the word go last season, team mates and referees (before he later started on LJ), and picked up 4 yellows in the first 8 games. He didn't look a happy bunny back then.

Hats off to our very own @Davefevs (I think it was) who spotted way back, before Christmas, some hints of Tomlin's true character and his likely undermining of team spirit and unity, in a club behind-the-scenes vid (pre-season, or from an away trip, I cannot remember), in which "Tommo" is giving some "bants" to the lads. Our Dave had his doubts about this "banter," and questioned whether this was a good thing or not. He speculated indications of contempt on Tomlin's part and possible damage to team harmony. Dave showing the sort of "emotional intelligence" LJ likes to think he has (maybe Johnson saw this too, tbf, but by then it was too late).

The late, lamented @spudski of this parish - bless him - also noted Tomlin's frequent lambasting of team-mates during games, and thought he was a wrong 'un. 

This one?

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

Thanks Jack.  There's 'bants' and there's 'bants'.  I just thought some if it was bordering on a bit too personal, and wondered how it would play out.  I held on to my worries, because everyone was gushing about him and his signing.  No point stoking unlit fires, but I saw it playing out as I expected.

There was something else I saw around Xmas, again only my perception, that confirmed my initial thoughts.  I won't go into details, because I may have have been doing a bit 2+2=5, but at that point I thought it worth posting on here referring back to that video.

25 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

This one?

Yep.  I'm gonna watch it again, and see if I feel the same.  At the time it didn't feel like Baldock and Waggy in Botswana - that was 'bants', not 'bants'!

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I saw a couple 'liked' his instagram photo of his signing. Nothing more public on Twitter though - lots of the side tweeted Williams when he left for example.

Perhaps their liking the fact he's gone

Plus he won't be trying to sell his w@nky hats anymore

57 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks Jack.  There's 'bants' and there's 'bants'.  I just thought some if it was bordering on a bit too personal, and wondered how it would play out.  I held on to my worries, because everyone was gushing about him and his signing.  No point stoking unlit fires, but I saw it playing out as I expected.

There was something else I saw around Xmas, again only my perception, that confirmed my initial thoughts.  I won't go into details, because I may have have been doing a bit 2+2=5, but at that point I thought it worth posting on here referring back to that video.

Yep.  I'm gonna watch it again, and see if I feel the same.  At the time it didn't feel like Baldock and Waggy in Botswana - that was 'bants', not 'bants'!

Personally I thought the best 'bants' team video was this beauty...

Can totally see that Tommo went a bit far on his version. Even Wilbs kept giving him side glances that screamed "I wouldn't say that..."

46 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Perhaps their liking the fact he's gone

Plus he won't be trying to sell his w@nky hats anymore

Perhaps they're bibbity-bobbity hats, because everything is now hunky dory for Lee Tomlin now he's gone to Cardiff. 

Wow how precious are a few of you? 

Didnt hear anything in that video that any player should react badly to. And thought Wilbs was saying the things that could be perceived as being a bit worse. 

I'd hate for you to see how me and my mates talk to each other :blink:

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Good spot Dave. You can see the sort of guy he is and that he'd be hard work - comes across as very unintelligent.

4 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Wow how precious are a few of you? 

Didnt hear anything in that video that any player should react badly to. And thought Wilbs was saying the things that could be perceived as being a bit worse. 

I'd hate for you to see how me and my mates talk to each other :blink:

Exactly. Talk about trying to create an angle out of absolutely **** all 

12 hours ago, Ian M said:

Have any of our players wished him well?

Not wished him well but ones to have liked the photo of him holding up the Cardiff shirt there is quite a lot. Now weather there liking it as a good move for him or liking it as he's gone remains to be to be seen.

players who liked it are

Flint Bryan Moore Brownhill Fielding Taylor O'Dowda Korey Maggy Wright and Đurić   

Also Abraham 

Think the Tomlin and LJ thing happened quite early in the season. Think it was Villa when Tomlin scored FK and looked like he was shouting at the bench. He was NEVER the same player that he was in the loan spell. I don't know what happened but perhaps it started in pre season? Honestly never got the same buzz watching Tomlin this past season. 

11 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think the Tomlin and LJ thing happened quite early in the season. Think it was Villa when Tomlin scored FK and looked like he was shouting at the bench. He was NEVER the same player that he was in the loan spell. I don't know what happened but perhaps it started in pre season? Honestly never got the same buzz watching Tomlin this past season. 

Wasn't Magnússon stood over that freekick as well?

Certainly would have suited him more as a left footer and I recall the GK positioning himself expecting a left footer.

*SPECULATION*

Could be instruction would have been for Magnússon to take freekicks from that area as it is known he is capable. Tomlin didn't like this and shouted back to the bench after he scored.

I must admit LJ needs to learn a few things about player relations but I do like him as our head coach. I found it a bit refreshing when he openly criticised the team at times last season. They deserved it. I'm definitely part of the minority but I prefer him to Cotts. I think the players prefer LJ to the Cotts we all saw/heard about in the run up to his sacking  

When we beat QPR 2-1 at home LJ and Freeman had a bit of a shout off. 

10 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

This one?

I wouldn't say tomlin says anything untoward in this? Flinty and Pack said worse, besides this is how groups of lads talk about each other, every team I've been in is the same. I'd be more concerned if they only had nice things to say about each other, that would suggest they aren't close enough or get along well enough to banter each other - as you see with the comments about some of the fringe lads.

LT most likely had issues but this video proves nothing I'm afraid.

14 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I'd not watched that before. Christ it's painful watching. Bit like Love Island. What's the point of producing shit like this?

i switched off after only a few minutes. The pair of them look like idiots. 

^ Admits to watching Love Island

7 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I wouldn't say tomlin says anything untoward in this? Flinty and Pack said worse, besides this is how groups of lads talk about each other, every team I've been in is the same. I'd be more concerned if they only had nice things to say about each other, that would suggest they aren't close enough or get along well enough to banter each other - as you see with the comments about some of the fringe lads.

It doesn't prove anything, no. But way back when this video was released, long long before we started losing games and long before there were any murmurs or rumours of a rift or fallings out or players going to SL or the losing of the dressing room, when all was rosy in the bcfc garden and hope and optimism abounded, DaveFevs said there was something about Tomlin and in this video that made him uneasy. That his attitude towards his team-mates was not altogether healthy (perhaps this video plus some other info and personal observations, as well as Tomlin's reputation, all came together to inform Dave's view, or suspicion).  

And now we have it pretty clear and plain, from Stockhausen, and Tinnion, and Jon Lansdown, and the absence of good luck tweets from the team, and the fact that we are moving on after one year our previous record signing to our nearest rival in this division, that Tomlin was a self-serving ****. And very unpopular amongst the squad.

As DaveFevs suspected, almost a year ago.

That's all.

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

^ Admits to watching Love Island

Christ. I've been found out... 

If you only knew the half of it. I'm forced to watch it. With my partner, her 10 year old, her 99 year old grandmother and her autistic 12 year old son whenever I visit.

The only one who wants to watch it? The 12 year old. This week's classic? Making sausages that looked like they were being pulled off and then simulated ejaculating from ketchup machines over the women participants breasts.

I kid you not. What a load of shit. Not in my name. I left and walked home......

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

It doesn't prove anything, no. But way back when this video was released, long long before we started losing games and long before there were any murmurs or rumours of a rift or fallings out or players going to SL or the losing of the dressing room, when all was rosy in the bcfc garden and hope and optimism abounded, DaveFevs said there was something about Tomlin and in this video that made him uneasy. That his attitude towards his team-mates was not altogether healthy (perhaps this video plus some other info and personal observations, as well as Tomlin's reputation, all came together to inform Dave's view, or suspicion).  

And now we have it pretty clear and plain, from Stockhausen, and Tinnion, and Jon Lansdown, and the absence of good luck tweets from the team, and the fact that we are moving on after one year our previous record signing to our nearest rival in this division, that Tomlin was a self-serving ****. And very unpopular amongst the squad.

As DaveFevs suspected, almost a year ago.

That's all.

And wasn't it on the BCFC YouTube channel? Is that an official one?

If it is then **** me. Who agreed to that sort of shit?

Oh hang on. Modern times and modern ways. Communicating with the masses.

******* hell. 2 professional footballers led on a day bed talking incoherent nonsense about those they call team mates.

Has it really come to this? I want to get off.....

7 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Christ. I've been found out... 

If you only knew the half of it. I'm forced to watch it. With my partner, her 10 year old, her 99 year old grandmother and her autistic 12 year old son whenever I visit.

The only one who wants to watch it? The 12 year old. This week's classic? Making sausages that looked like they were being pulled off and then simulated ejaculating from ketchup machines over the women participants breasts.

I kid you not. What a load of shit. Not in my name. I left and walked home......

As Shakespeare wrote, the lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Not calling you a Love Island loving liar of course, your sincerity has been confirmed by my good friends Jimmy Hill and Mr Chinny Reck-on.

12 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

That was the first time he performed that season.  He'd been poor in the first 4 league games, picking up yellows for verbals.

10 hours ago, MarcusX said:

As @Jack Dawe commented, this video was the point after the signing euphoria that I began to worry.  Having watched it back last night, it doesn't seem too bad, but there are little things that I recognised as being similar to teams / dressing rooms I'd been in (obviously not at pro level) where it all ended in tears / fights / cliques etc, all unhealthy.  I'm not that normally that perceptive, so I kept schtumm.  These things stay under wraps when things are going well, but when things start to go wrong, the digs / bants become personal, and people bite on both sides of the banter.  

The 'loyal love' ticker tape on the screen in the background should NOT have been allowed.  That worried me, the club allowing LT to promote his business venture.  Don't tell me they didn't spot it.  To me it felt like he knew he'd be able to get away with things at City...at least whilst he was riding the big wave of the fan's love-in.  I think it showed him up to not be very bright, but that is fine by me.  I also didn't think Wilbs looked overly-comfortable either.

Anyway, it's all over now, LJ needs to build the dressing room camaraderie of the 14/15 squad...and take us forward.

Archived