IGNORED

Getting a dog to help with recovery.

Tipps69

33 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Just curious Tipps but how did you arrive at the name Inca ?

In all truth Tone, she was a spur of the moment buy, we had a little discussion about getting a dog, within half hour I’d found one fairly local online, called the owners & within less than 2 hours we had been to see her & collected her & were home.

They had to give her a name because of her having her microchip done & they named her Inca, we got in the car & said to each other “what are we going to call her?” & I said I had no issue with Inca, it was unusual enough that there wouldn’t be that many Inca’s around.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

In all truth Tone, she was a spur of the moment buy, we had a little discussion about getting a dog, within half hour I’d found one fairly local online, called the owners & within less than 2 hours we had been to see her & collected her & were home.

They had to give her a name because of her having her microchip done & they named her Inca, we got in the car & said to each other “what are we going to call her?” & I said I had no issue with Inca, it was unusual enough that there wouldn’t be that many Inca’s around.

She's a nice looking dog. Ours both died a year or so back so looking now to get another one.

8 minutes ago, BigTone said:

She's a nice looking dog. Ours both died a year or so back so looking now to get another one.

It’s heartbreaking when they go & they leave such a void in your family’s life that you kind of take them for granted when they’re there.

And then when you get yourself a new ‘family member’ you realise just how much hard work they are but they bring such energy & enjoyment into your household it’s worth every minute.

Inca truly has made such a huge difference to my life, I could never of imagined just how much & it’s certainly the best thing I have done for a fair few years. 

I have a video of her seeing herself in a full length mirror & she’s barking her head off & jumping about at herself, it’s so funny because she shows no sign of aggression to any other dog or person when we’re out but she see’s herself & she goes nuts, showing her teeth & everything. I can’t post the video on here as it’s too big!

Well hopefully bonfire night is over & done with now & we shouldn’t be getting too many more fireworks, luckily enough Inca was great with them, she went into attack / protect mode last Thursday (which was the first real night of them around our way) but then fully settled down & never had an issue with her & the fireworks, she’d happily still go out in the garden to do her business & would just come running to me if there was one of the ridiculously loud bangs going off but it was more like she was trying to protect me!!

We’re still just about managing to get over the fields (due to my circumstances) & she’s still behaving brilliantly, no sign of aggression towards any other dog even if they get aggressive with her & although she’ll look at me sometimes with a look of “can I go & play with them”?, she always comes flying back to me as soon as she can’t see me (which I find great as we’ve not really done any real training on this & it saves me having to back track on myself to try & find her). She even let her chocolate Labrador best mate take her lead & take her around for a 2 minute walk the other day (with no issues) despite the lab running her around all over the place.

4C543E59-4E86-4294-BB36-7362BC935BDA.thumb.jpeg.e942463d3b0bed194a543ad96a7fcb83.jpeg

Here’s the latest pic of her (taken yesterday at 23 weeks-old), she’s had this ted from day one & there is no sign of damage (as with any of her toys).

Inca truly is a joy to have around the place & I honestly cannot state just how much of an impact she has had on myself, God-knows where I would currently be without her!!

6 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Well hopefully bonfire night is over & done with now & we shouldn’t be getting too many more fireworks, luckily enough Inca was great with them, she went into attack / protect mode last Thursday (which was the first real night of them around our way) but then fully settled down & never had an issue with her & the fireworks, she’d happily still go out in the garden to do her business & would just come running to me if there was one of the ridiculously loud bangs going off but it was more like she was trying to protect me!!

We’re still just about managing to get over the fields (due to my circumstances) & she’s still behaving brilliantly, no sign of aggression towards any other dog even if they get aggressive with her & although she’ll look at me sometimes with a look of “can I go & play with them”?, she always comes flying back to me as soon as she can’t see me (which I find great as we’ve not really done any real training on this & it saves me having to back track on myself to try & find her). She even let her chocolate Labrador best mate take her lead & take her around for a 2 minute walk the other day (with no issues) despite the lab running her around all over the place.

4C543E59-4E86-4294-BB36-7362BC935BDA.thumb.jpeg.e942463d3b0bed194a543ad96a7fcb83.jpeg

Here’s the latest pic of her (taken yesterday at 23 weeks-old), she’s had this ted from day one & there is no sign of damage (as with any of her toys).

Inca truly is a joy to have around the place & I honestly cannot state just how much of an impact she has had on myself, God-knows where I would currently be without her!!

She's looking good Tipp's

I've only just discovered this thread! Some lovely pictures and stories.... so I hope you don't mind if I take the opportunity to introduce you all to my own super-girl, Bonnie. Adopted her from a shelter when she was approx. six months old and fully feral: the destruction and damage she caused was both incredible and heartbreaking. We were at our wits end. Honestly, she was satanic. 

On the advice of our trainer, we took her to sniffing classes in a last desperate bid to keep her brain busy whereupon we discovered her secret, lethal talent! Now, two years on, she hasn't just grown into the most loving companion possible, she's also just been accepted into the Warsaw Fire Brigade to work alongside their proper service dogs and serve in the search-and-rescue unit - the official ceremony where she gets her papers and little uniform occurs next week! Without doubt, bringing her into my life was the wisest decision I've ever made! 

22728795_768930869975266_7095341969401126440_n.jpg

33 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

I've only just discovered this thread! Some lovely pictures and stories.... so I hope you don't mind if I take the opportunity to introduce you all to my own super-girl, Bonnie. Adopted her from a shelter when she was approx. six months old and fully feral: the destruction and damage she caused was both incredible and heartbreaking. We were at our wits end. Honestly, she was satanic. 

On the advice of our trainer, we took her to sniffing classes in a last desperate bid to keep her brain busy whereupon we discovered her secret, lethal talent! Now, two years on, she hasn't just grown into the most loving companion possible, she's also just been accepted into the Warsaw Fire Brigade to work alongside their proper service dogs and serve in the search-and-rescue unit - the official ceremony where she gets her papers and little uniform occurs next week! Without doubt, bringing her into my life was the wisest decision I've ever made! 

22728795_768930869975266_7095341969401126440_n.jpg

That’s great news, they really are amazing animals & how anyone could mistreat them is beyond me, Inca really has made such a difference to my life & I couldn’t dare think about being without her.

4 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

That’s great news, they really are amazing animals & how anyone could mistreat them is beyond me, Inca really has made such a difference to my life & I couldn’t dare think about being without her.

totally agree Tipps, breaks my heart to think that at some stage someone ditched my Bonnie on the street and left her be in the big bad world. At the same time, had they not, I wouldn't have ended up with the best thing that's ever happened to me - a weird thing is fate and destiny! it's a cliche thing to say, but I feel it's such a truth that there ain't no bad dogs in the world, only bad owners.

And apologies in advance, but I shan't wish you luck with yours, for the sole fact it looks like an amazing match of kindered spirits - a magic bond to have! cheers to you both mate! 

This thread is really nice, I’d love a dog but MrRedM’s heels are firmly dug in and there really is no shifting him :sad26:So I’m just enjoying reading all your stories and loving the photo updates, please keep posting.

• Admin
2 hours ago, RedM said:

This thread is really nice, I’d love a dog but MrRedM’s heels are firmly dug in and there really is no shifting him :sad26:So I’m just enjoying reading all your stories and loving the photo updates, please keep posting.

Your womanly wiles must be in need of sharpening up :)  you women folk usually get your own way in the end !!

11 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Your womanly wiles must be in need of sharpening up :)  you women folk usually get your own way in the end !!

That’s just it, I usually do. I’m not sure what I am more annoyed about, the dog or my failing powers:laughcont:

9E22C5A3-A565-405E-BCF2-69BC9C07EE65.thumb.jpeg.f08fc530781cefb6287743098d40d05e.jpegMy ‘little’ Rottweiler is getting bigger, she’s now just over 18kg’s & the amount of compliments she gets while we’re out for walkies is getting ridiculous, only today a woman who was out walking her Doberman asked if I was ‘showing’ Inca! When I said no, it felt like the Spanish Inquisition, was I sure I wasn’t going to show her, why wasn’t I going to show her! Inca was bought as a pet, as a companion & that’s all I wanted from her!

Inca is currently flat out asleep on my bed without a care in the world & it is so relaxing to just watch her as the world passes her by, she gets what she wants, when she wants & has me wrapped around her paw!

On 14/07/2017 at 20:19, Tipps69 said:

Following on from the thread about possibly getting a dog, it got me thinking & in my fairly well known situation, I had been thinking about getting another dog (my last one died in March) & as it was my birthday yesterday, I decided that I needed a new hound to help me with my recovery!!

So today I went & bought this little princess......

IMG_1979.thumb.JPG.6ed4f889da0e181ac98872b97538b177.JPG

Meet Inca, my 7 week old Rottweiler!!

I'm hoping that with her help it will get me out & about & walking which I'm hoping will be the start of me on my recovery!!

As an update, I've been in loads of pain this week as my pain patches ran out on Sunday & I was unable to get anymore until today so I've had a pretty crappy week pain wise.

I will update with further pictures as she grows (or as she just happens to look cute).

Great photo . Hope  she does get you on the recovery road . We have a new black lab ( 4 months ) great companions . 

7 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Inca is now able to show her colours when out & about.

29159ACE-5C8E-4425-8C96-2BAE5558AFD6.thumb.jpeg.7aadb4b08a1d42a64997c9a1c36789a3.jpeg

Although having the majority of the collar in white is a bit of a pain in the arse for a dog that acts like a kid playing football & loves rolling around in the mud!

Our woof is longhaired so can't wear this as no-one will see it. :sad26:

Need to get a City bandana to go round instead. Anyone know where I can purchase such a thing?

The fact that Inca is getting bigger doesn’t seem to be stopping her from conquering the furniture! I was hoping that as she got bigger she would be too big to get on the top but clearly not!6E4296C5-51AA-4531-90EB-ACC583B37B45.thumb.jpeg.d02b7a0ee224d974ce86ea7635dfd363.jpeg

She also managed to destroy two new ‘Kong’ toy teds in record time, both were only delivered yesterday & I gave her one first that lasted until this morning, I’ve taken that one away from her & gave her the other & that one lasted literally two minutes!! So no more teds for Inca!!

Archived