IGNORED

The official Yeovil Town FC v Bristol City FC pre-season friendly match day thread

Septic Peg

Just now, Port Said Red said:

Still room for some basic football then........

We needed more of that last season. Good luck to Bobby Reid, seems he. Is having a storming start to the season. Tomlin replacement already here?

Yes before someone says it's only Yeovil, we all know!

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Yeovil are so so bad 

Really fear for them this season, they only have about 12 players under contract (one of those was a 30 year old they signed from Weymouth!) and have lost two of last season's squad to Newport and Cheltenham.

They will do very well not to be bottom two.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Really fear for them this season, they only have about 12 players under contract (one of those was a 30 year old they signed from Weymouth!) and have lost two of last season's squad to Newport and Cheltenham.

They will do very well not to be bottom two.

In the 06/07 season when we were promoted under GJ and Yeovil were also at the top end of the table, their chairman said he didn't want Yeovil to be promoted as it would cost them too much.

They always seem in a constant state of flux, loads of trialists and cast offs. Their almost not quite big enough to be a league side and it's remarkable they've survived as long as they have.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

What are Bobby's pre-season stats now? He has assists too. Is he finally developing a killer instinct and composure? If so, we'll have a cracking player...

No chance. I have it on good authority that all our players are going backwards under this brutal regime. 

4 minutes ago, RockleazeRed said:

Must be against the rules to have the Ref as a relative of the manager, even if it's a friendly

I was told that in all friendlies, the ref and linos are normally picked from staff members from either side.

37 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Rumour has it that Flint walked off the coach and didn't stop for photos/autographs. Also basically warmed up by himself...

But then again...

Has City just staged a massive ruse? Most epic of pranks?

I can't stress enough not to read anything into Flints pre-match demeanor, he is the most zoned out player I've ever seen before a match, you are very lucky if you get a word or two from him. He is totally in the mode of playing, I thought this was quite well known? Interrupt him at your peril, best just to leave him be. It doesn't matter if it's a friendly or a huge game, he's just the same. 

Now watch him leave on Monday...

Just now, RedM said:

I can't stress enough not to read anything into Flints pre-match demeanor, he is the most zoned out player I've ever seen before a match, you are very lucky if you get a word or two from him. He is totally in the mode of playing, I thought this was quite well known? Interrupt him at your peril, best just to leave him be. It doesn't matter if it's a friendly or a huge game, he's just the same. 

Now watch him leave on Monday...

It's all good now. @Dollymarie is back from her holibobs. She can pop him back in the cupboard.

He'll only be allowed out for matches...

Archived