IGNORED

And the winner is......

Bar BS3

Eros Pisano! 

I mean, surely he must have won some sort of competition, with first prize of a professional football contract! 

He looks the part, but he makes Brian Mitchell look like a right footed Paulo Maldini. 

Not very encouraging early signs in afraid. 

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

I think you're going to get lots of this sort of response but give him a chance. Not really fair to judge that much until players are totally match fit.

Agreed and I'm usually one to back players to the hilt for as long as possible. I hope first impressions are wrong, but my god! He just doesn't seem to have the first clue about any part of the game. 

Fingers crossed I look back at this post in a couple of months time and need to admit that I got him completely wrong. 

You've got to give players a decent amount of games, especially if they're foreign. Communication is so important for a defender and it'll take a while.

Being 'fit' and 'match fit' are different things too - in my opinion we should give him the benefit of the doubt over pre season. Wait until the season starts.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You've got to give players a decent amount of games, especially if they're foreign. Communication is so important for a defender and it'll take a while.

Being 'fit' and 'match fit' are different things too - in my opinion we should give him the benefit of the doubt over pre season. Wait until the season starts.

Absolutely. I seem to recall a lot writing off Kodjia after a friendly at Yeovil I think.

And of course, Matt Smith is awful.

1 minute ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I saw Kodjia's first appearance for city down Yeovil and I thought his performance that day was akin to a Bas Savage performance. So plenty of time to get up to pace. Saying that I didn't think Pisano's performance was that bad today.

Great minds and all that mate!

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Eros Pisano! 

I mean, surely he must have won some sort of competition, with first prize of a professional football contract! 

He looks the part, but he makes Brian Mitchell look like a right footed Paulo Maldini. 

Were we watching different games today? :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

It's because of threads like this that friendlies should be played behind closed doors.

God forbid someone forms an opinion after watching someone. It's amazes me how precious some people get when people just comment on players, whether a potential signing or current players performance.

Complete over reaction. To me he looks comfortable on the ball, wants to join in and is very physical. I expect a few yellow cards this season from him, that's for sure! Obviously will take time but nowhere  near as bad as people on here are making out. 

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Well we've had long enough to identify a decent right back

Two simple questions

1) An upgrade on Little or Ayling ?

2) Is he of the quality that you'd expect given the time we've had to identify suitable right backs ?

If he isn't an upgrade on Little then we seriously have ****** up.....again.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Eros Pisano! 

3 minutes ago, Hellfire Corner said:

I'll say it again- he was excellent today.

Glad we are all in agreement on this one then!

I didn't go today; but as others have said, give the guy some time against proper opposition.

Dont know if the OP was saying it with tongue in cheek; but any comparison of any current City player with Brian Mitchell will give me nightmares !

Without doubt the WORST player I have ever seen wear our beloved shirt !!

1 minute ago, The Gasbuster said:

I didn't go today; but as others have said, give the guy some time against proper opposition.

Dont know if the OP was saying it with tongue in cheek; but any comparison of any current City player with Brian Mitchell will give me nightmares !

Without doubt the WORST player I have ever seen wear our beloved shirt !!

And that from a man who probably saw Gary Stanley play.

Archived