IGNORED

And the winner is......

Bar BS3

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You've got to give players a decent amount of games, especially if they're foreign. Communication is so important for a defender and it'll take a while.

Being 'fit' and 'match fit' are different things too - in my opinion we should give him the benefit of the doubt over pre season. Wait until the season starts.

Absolutely. Like I said, hope first impressions are wrong. 

I cant believe some people above actually thought he looked good today! 

He did not play well today. I'm not writing him off, just giving my thoughts on first impressions. 

Against a team that put us under zero pressure he managed to constantly lose his man when they did try to lumber forwards. His positioning was all over the place. He just looked like a lost sheep out there today. 

Based only on today, Little was 10 times better. I'm concerened that against championship players he's going to be a massive weak link. 

As I've already also said a couple of times on this thread, I hope I'm wrong and that in a couple of months time I'll pull this thread back up myself and apologise for such hasty doubts of his ability. I really do hope that I need to do that. 

1 hour ago, BCFC Grim said:

God forbid someone forms an opinion after watching someone. It's amazes me how precious some people get when people just comment on players, whether a potential signing or current players performance.

It's amazing how people write a season off before a ball is kicked

or a player off based on 45 minutes of football 

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Glad we are all in agreement on this one then!

still mid July and its official new signing is crap. Get a grip and give him a chance to at least play 1st league game before he totally written off

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Well we've had long enough to identify a decent right back

Two simple questions

1) An upgrade on Little or Ayling ?

2) Is he of the quality that you'd expect given the time we've had to identify suitable right backs ?

Uhh, he hasn't actually played a competitive league game for us yet!  

1 minute ago, john from high littleton said:

Uhh, he hasn't actually played a competitive league game for us yet!  

Fair comment. Obviously. 

I was just giving my initial thoughts on what I thought of him today. 

Conclusion - concerened. Hopefully unfounded concerns. 

1 hour ago, pjg11 said:

still mid July and its official new signing is crap. Get a grip and give him a chance to at least play 1st league game before he totally written off

I take it you were referring to someone else I was simply pointing out the gulf in the two reviews of the player.

However my grip could use some work....Fffffoooouuurrr!

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Eros Pisano! 

I mean, surely he must have won some sort of competition, with first prize of a professional football contract! 

He looks the part, but he makes Brian Mitchell look like a right footed Paulo Maldini. 

Not very encouraging early signs in afraid. 

Wow!!!

Hope our scouts dont judge a player on 90mins of a pre season game

I watched Greg Goodridge on his debut for City If i never watched him again He would be right up there with Messi

Thing is i judge players over a season or so

2 minutes ago, BcfcDuncs said:

Christ i know why I don't write alot on here, donut central . How the hell can you write someone off already after a few warm up games . Only on OTIB I suppose .

Try reading the whole thread, donut, instead of writing a thread off after one post..!

Based on yesterday's performance alone, can't comment on his defending as he wasn't tested. Going forward was ok except his crosses were always collected by the keeper. For me, more composed than little but not an upgrade on ayling. Hopefully he will prove me wrong once the season gets underway

10 hours ago, BcfcDuncs said:

Sorry i have not got the ability to read 41 responses , so I cut to the chase 

Perhaps the jokes on lollipop sticks or in Christmas crackers are where your attentions should be, rather than a discussion forum. 

15 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Eros Pisano! 

I mean, surely he must have won some sort of competition, with first prize of a professional football contract! 

He looks the part, but he makes Brian Mitchell look like a right footed Paulo Maldini. 

Not very encouraging early signs in afraid. 

More mind blowing negative stuff, why do you even bother? Give the bloke a chance, Oh! hang on we are OTIB ,and all the ITK's coaches and generally 'know far more than you'  lot are at it before a ball has been kicked in anger. :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

More mind blowing negative stuff, why do you even bother? Give the bloke a chance, Oh! hang on we are OTIB ,and all the ITK's coaches and generally 'know far more than you'  lot are at it before a ball has been kicked in anger. :facepalm:

Just giving my opinion on seeing him play yesterday. Concerning. Hope I'm wrong. 

56 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Just giving my opinion on seeing him play yesterday. Concerning. Hope I'm wrong. 

But did you have to start a whole thread on how carp are new Italian full back is? Doesn't bode well does it for any settling in period, you know playing in a strange country, with new team mates to have to read this.    

27 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

But did you have to start a whole thread on how carp are new Italian full back is? Doesn't bode well does it for any settling in period, you know playing in a strange country, with new team mates to have to read this.    

I thought he was alarmingly bad. Based purely on yesterday. 

Some others appear to have not been concerned, so I hope to god that they are right and I was being over critical. In which case, I've already said (twice) that I'll revive this thread myself and make a humble apology for this assessment  

We will see soon enough if he is capable of better, although I'm currently very concerned that we've now got a huge wink link in our starting 11, at Championship level. 

You say "more nagativity from me"... I think many on here would regard me more as a LJ supporting, club defending, happy clapper type. So quite where you get "more negativity" from suggests you don't know a great deal about my usual views on things bcfc related. 

Now bore off. I had enough of your drivel on the Henbury Gas thread. 

46 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I thought he was alarmingly bad. Based purely on yesterday. 

Some others appear to have not been concerned, so I hope to god that they are right and I was being over critical. In which case, I've already said (twice) that I'll revive this thread myself and make a humble apology for this assessment  

We will see soon enough if he is capable of better, although I'm currently very concerned that we've now got a huge wink link in our starting 11, at Championship level. 

You say "more nagativity from me"... I think many on here would regard me more as a LJ supporting, club defending, happy clapper type. So quite where you get "more negativity" from suggests you don't know a great deal about my usual views on things bcfc related. 

Now bore off. I had enough of your drivel on the Henbury Gas thread. 

"Some others appear not to have been concerned".

In fact, not a single person on the entire thread has agreed with your assessment of yesterday's performance.

Just now, Leveller said:

"Some others appear not to have been concerned".

In fact, not a single person on the entire thread has agreed with your assessment of yesterday's performance.

Most of whom weren't there. They just don't like me raising these concerns. 

Having seen him look completely lost, imo, I'm concerned. 

Sorry for passing on my thoughts based on what I witnessed. 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

You're entitled to your opinion and I have no problem with you expressing it.

I'm just pointing out that nobody has agreed with you - and many of us obviously were there.

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You keep saying how bad he was, but I've not seen you explain what he did that was so bad? (apologies if I've missed it).

I wasn't there so can only go on what people have said and the highlights, during which he played a lovely reverse pass to O'Dowda for one of the goals btw.

So what was so bad?

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

You're entitled to your opinion and I have no problem with you expressing it.

I'm just pointing out that nobody has agreed with you - and many of us obviously were there.

Then for the umpteenth time on this thread... I hope they are right and I was being over critical of how he looked to me. 

I'm usually very supportive of players, but seeing what I did yesterday left me very concerned about our right back. 

Just now, Kibs said:

You keep saying how bad he was, but I've not seen you explain what he did that was so bad? (apologies if I've missed it).

I wasn't there so can only go on what people have said and the highlights, during which he played a lovely reverse pass to O'Dowda for one of the goals btw.

So what was so bad?

I have said in one of my many replies on here. 

I'm not going to go over it again. People seem to think he wasn't that bad, so hopefully it was just me. In a couple of months time I'll either say I told you so, or apologise for the rash & harsh summary of him based on first impressions. 

Archived