IGNORED

LJ speaks..

ColeCiderRed

Take a look at @bcfctweets's Tweet:

Apologies if it's been discussed elsewhere. 

Doesn't say a great deal but does mention his travelling to training and back being a 6 hour trek. I remember hearing (maybe on here) that his contract stipulated he must move closer to Bristol and obviously didn't.

Hopefully there is someone incoming of better value eh fellow reds?

1 minute ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

I've just read this as well. If that is correct then I find it disgusting that LT didn't move a lot nearer to Bristol after signing. Especially as it was a long contract. It's probably true that the man thought he was bigger than the club. Can't see Warnock excepting that!

Although didn`t Cardiff want NW to move closer to them if he became manager but he said he wasn`t going to move from Cornwall so they`d have to take it or leave it?

What`s good for the goose and all that.

Seems to be a bit of a kopout answer imo.

He would've been commuting from Leicester last season too, and no doubt conversations would've been had about living arrangements before he signed. 

That said, the players hardly seem gutted that he's gone, compared to their social medias when Williams/Ayling/Agard left

Quite frankly I take anything our Head Coach says with a grain of salt. If there was a clause in Tomlin's contract stating he must move closer then why didn't the club enforce this ?  Also, as Petehinton says surely he was doing the same last season. More bullshit from LJ I think to try and justify his decision.

19 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

I've just read this as well. If that is correct then I find it disgusting that LT didn't move a lot nearer to Bristol after signing. Especially as it was a long contract. It's probably true that the man thought he was bigger than the club. Can't see Warnock excepting that!

Club spin, where did he live? (otherside of Bristol if it took 3hrs to get there) how many times did he not turn up for training, how many times was he late? how many of our players live in Bristol? Nothing but nice questions asked by the management to the management.

Why was LJ not asked if any more signings are due? before the season starts;

I very much doubt that moving closer to Bristol was in any part of his contract....seems to me already its; wasn't me I didn't do it, not the first time blame is shifted.

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Quite frankly I take anything our Head Coach says with a grain of salt. If there was a clause in Tomlin's contract stating he must move closer then why didn't the club enforce this ?  Also, as Petehinton says surely he was doing the same last season. More bullshit from LJ I think to try and justify his decision.

Spot on; first of forth coming piles of bullshit........just like the last season

6 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Club spin, where did he live? (otherside of Bristol if it took 3hrs to get there) how many times did he not turn up for training, how many times was he late? how many of our players live in Bristol? Nothing but nice questions asked by the management to the management.

I very much doubt that moving closer to Bristol was in any part of his contract....seems to me already its; wasn't me I didn't do it, not the first time blame is shifted.

It`s common knowledge that Tomlin continued to live in Leicester and travelled down and back each day. He was spotted by City fans on the motorway many times after home games and after training. If he was doing this whilst at Bournemouth and we were advised that it was affecting his performance then it seems sensible that we try and get him to move closer but I doubt that a clause like that in his contract would be enforceable.

I wouldn`t want that commute but who knows his reasons for not moving, he may have had perfectly good ones.

Still, any old stick eh?

Diplomatic.  There'd be no point in being anything other... done and dusted, move on.

Given so much speculation around Flinty I think IF there is nothing in it, a statement from the club quashing such rumours would be helpful and sensible for all concerned at this critical pre season moment in time... Guess on the other hand if there's any fire in the smoke then the club need to remain tight lipped for the time being.

Clarification as soon as realistically possible on Flints future or otherwise here is needed, uncertainty is not helpful.

Club statement either way asap please.

12 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

Yes surely if he should have shown more commitment and moved closer to the club. Just really pleased that LJ has shown great leadership and moved the waster on. Really looking forward to the start of the season by the way. COYR

Great 'leadership' would have been leaving him out and out the squad a long time before he did - he kept picking him and only left him out when relegation was firmly knocking - then kept picking him on bench and even let him have a waddle round against Brum

Great leadership ?

:no:

Great leader / leadership and LJ don't really correlate IMO

23 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Yes spot on! Seems to tally up with what Tinnions been tweeting recently as well!  Well done LJ, for showing such good leadership..... the club comes first. 

4 minutes ago, john from high littleton said:

Yes surely if he should have shown more commitment and moved closer to the club. Just really pleased that LJ has shown great leadership and moved the waster on. Really looking forward to the start of the season by the way. COYR

LT has a mind of his own, and in my opinion great leadership is doing what you want whatever, not doing what you are told to do, more like a puppet on a string like many others.

34 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

Take a look at @bcfctweets's Tweet:

Apologies if it's been discussed elsewhere. 

Doesn't say a great deal but does mention his travelling to training and back being a 6 hour trek. I remember hearing (maybe on here) that his contract stipulated he must move closer to Bristol and obviously didn't.

Hopefully there is someone incoming of better value eh fellow reds?

6 hr round trip, Leicester to Bristol??  Is that on a pushbike!! 

18 minutes ago, BigTone said:

It's not like you to be so condimentary about our head coach Tone. :) 

1 minute ago, john from high littleton said:

Yes spot on! Seems to tally up with what Tinnions been tweeting recently as well!  Well done LJ, for showing such good leadership..... the club comes first. 

And did Tinnion's tweet actually say it was directed at Tomlin ?  No

13 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

I don't think LJ said it was in LTs contract. He said the 6 hrs travelling wasnt any good.

12 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

No one in any job would travel everyday from the midlands to Bristol and back if you were in full time employment. Besides that I would expect there wasn't much team building with the other players with him living so far away! Can't believe that our manager would make this up either. Don't you think he would get found out. 

1 minute ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

No one in any job would travel everyday from the midlands to Bristol and back if you were in full time employment. Besides that I would expect there wasn't much team building with the other players with him living so far away! Can't believe that our manager would make this up either. Don't you think he would get found out. 

He got found out a long time ago

39 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

No, but Warnock won't expect him to move (closer to the club). He'll adapt and do his damnedest to get the most out of the £2 or £3m he's spent. That's what Warnock does - make players feel welcome. Whether we should or shouldn't have made him move is an interesting debate, but it doesn't seem Tomlin felt welcome.

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I don't think LJ said it was in LTs contract. He said the 6 hrs travelling wasnt any good.

We don't know what went on or what was said, LJ knew where LT lived when he signed him up; this is the first time travelling time has been mentioned....we only get the Clubs side of things anyway so I will take it as an excuse rather than a reason.

21 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

28 minutes ago, BigTone said:

No really, it was.  Part of the clubs 'ethos' is the players must move to be near the club. 

I don't think it was the only reason he left but it was a factor. I'm not a LJ fan by any stretch but I blame LT for more of this saga than LJ..

2 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

No, but warnock won't expect him to move (closer to the club). He'll adapt and do his damnedest to get the most out of the £2 or £3m he's spent. That's what Warnock does - make players feel welcome. Whether we should or shouldn't have made him move is an interesting debate, but it doesn't seem Tomlin felt welcome.

If anything ES I think it was the opposite - think we probably bent over backwards to accommodate him and 'make allowances' and were repaid by complete lack of professionalism

1 minute ago, glos old boy said:

We don't know what went on or what was said, LJ knew where LT lived when he signed him up; this is the first time travelling time has been mentioned....we only get the Clubs side of things anyway so I will take it as an excuse rather than a reason.

Good for you mate.

Archived