IGNORED

LJ speaks..

ColeCiderRed

2 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

We don't know what went on or what was said, LJ knew where LT lived when he signed him up; this is the first time travelling time has been mentioned....we only get the Clubs side of things anyway so I will take it as an excuse rather than a reason.

It's not tbf Glos

LJ referred to it back in March / April when talking about Tomlin

3 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

No one in any job would travel everyday from the midlands to Bristol and back if you were in full time employment. Besides that I would expect there wasn't much team building with the other players with him living so far away! Can't believe that our manager would make this up either. Don't you think he would get found out. 

I have travelled daily from Glos to Oxford and London on several different contracts, working with others who travelled from the Bristol area as well and for the same Bristol Company back then; this didn't mean we couldn't do our jobs when we got there....we just left earlier to get there; now do you know LT didn't do likewise?

7 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

No, but warnock won't expect him to move (closer to the club). He'll adapt and do his damnedest to get the most out of the £2 or £3m he's spent. That's what Warnock does - make players feel welcome. Whether we should or shouldn't have made him move is an interesting debate, but it doesn't seem Tomlin felt welcome.

Sounds about right.

On 03/04/2017 at 11:53, BobBobSuperBob said:

Anyone know why Tomlin is living in Leicester ?

Driving for 5 hrs a day for a clearly unfit footballer is hardly ideal and and doesn't suggest much about his views of being at AG for too long 

On 11/03/2017 at 09:50, BobBobSuperBob said:

The only word I'd change Max - clear as day

Then he keeps dabbling at bringing back an unfit , poor form ( Being unfit and driving to and fro Leicester every day - personal situation ????? Not helping ) , Tomlin back , desperate to draw on the outside chance of a moments magic 

'Tomlingate' , and the fall out , may have been a defining point in our season , and what led up to it

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It's not tbf Glos

LJ referred to it back in March / April when talking about Tomlin

Just now, BigTone said:

How so ?

Well as your position on the boss is pretty obvious, sorry 100% sure, nothing I can say will sway your mind but any open minded person can see what Tinnion tweeted, all the tweets he liked and what the intended message was. 

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

No wonder Engval didn't work out Tommy. I wonder if he was driving from Stockholm every day.

11 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

We don't know what went on or what was said, LJ knew where LT lived when he signed him up; this is the first time travelling time has been mentioned....we only get the Clubs side of things anyway so I will take it as an excuse rather than a reason.

Let's have it right though, if the club tweeted that today is Saturday, you'd accuse them of lying.

7 minutes ago, xerox6060 said:

Did hear that his wife did not want to move from the Leicester area, perhaps that was unexpected last summer.

My understanding is that she had commitments in the Leicester area so couldn't move down here. He was noticeable how he didn't travel with the squad after games, he'd get into his car which had been driven to away grounds for him and off he'd go. He seemed very much outside the squad socially which can't help if you are you are playing a team game.

40 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Quite frankly I take anything our Head Coach says with a grain of salt. If there was a clause in Tomlin's contract stating he must move closer then why didn't the club enforce this ?  Also, as Petehinton says surely he was doing the same last season. More bullshit from LJ I think to try and justify his decision.

I don't think he was trying to justify the decision...he was trying to hide the decision....that LT is a effin' nightmare and we couldn't be more delighted to pass him onto another team and get £3m (near enough anyway).  He can't come out and tell the real truth can he.  I'm not joking either!

Just now, GrahamC said:

So, Gary O'Neil, commuting every day from London last season apparently, how does that work?

Indeed he does. Not sure that works either to be honest, he's featured less than Tomlin. I actually thought he would be the first to leave.

1 minute ago, !james said:

Well as your position on the boss is pretty obvious, sorry 100% sure, nothing I can say will sway your mind but any open minded person can see what Tinnion tweeted, all the tweets he liked and what the intended message was. 

I am very open minded but regrettably my job requires that I work on fact and not unsubstantiated information. The simple fact is that if you read Johnson's comments back in June and compare them to what has happened this week then we have been fed a load of bullshit.

Just now, GrahamC said:

So, Gary O'Neil, commuting every day from London last season apparently, how does that work?

sick note is slightly different. He prob spent more time in London than Bristol due to his supposed injuries. Getting a tidy sum for it to boot. It's a hard life being a footballer eh!

Just now, RedM said:

Indeed he does. Not sure that works either to be honest, he's featured less than Tomlin. I actually thought he would be the first to leave.

I meant how can one rule apply to one and not another?

If Tomlin was being expected to move here, then why wasn't he?

Still not sure about this injury stuff with him to be honest and would not be at all surprised if he is back up "that London" by August 31st...

Archived