IGNORED

LJ speaks..

ColeCiderRed

4 hours ago, john from high littleton said:

Yes surely if he should have shown more commitment and moved closer to the club. Just really pleased that LJ has shown great leadership and moved the waster on. Really looking forward to the start of the season by the way. COYR

LJ is not a leader.

Unbelievable the extent to which people are still on LJ's back. Keep us in the Championship for a 3rd season and love the club just like we do and this is what you get I suppose.

Let's face it, Tomlin was likely a tit. Surely you can back LJ on this one...

15 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Unbelievable the extent to which people are still on LJ's back. Keep us in the Championship for a 3rd season and love the club just like we do and this is what you get I suppose.

Let's face it, Tomlin was likely a tit. Surely you can back LJ on this one...

That's an extremely rose tinted view on a truly disastrous season that we just had under Johnson. 

Just now, Sergio Georgini said:

That's an extremely rose tinted view on a truly disastrous season under Johnson.

Fact is we struggle at this level. We both wish that wasn't the case and hopefully soon it won't be. But at least we haven't been allowed to go down for a change, there's lots of mangers and sides in BCFC's history that can't say the same.

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

A wise man once said `A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest`

Another wise old man in a village was once asked how he came by his wisdom. "I got it from my good judgement", he answered. And where did his good judgement come from? "I got it from my bad judgement".

It will be a while before Lee Johnson is an old man so perhaps he just needs to put this one down to bad judgement. Of course, Mark Ashton also has that excuse but Lansdown and Warnock do not.

As for Lee Tomlin? He just wants to play football and get well paid for it like any other footballer. You cannot really single him out nor blame him for that. As for any insubordination, I would point the finger at his parents.

5 hours ago, BigTone said:

Quite frankly I take anything our Head Coach says with a grain of salt. If there was a clause in Tomlin's contract stating he must move closer then why didn't the club enforce this ?  Also, as Petehinton says surely he was doing the same last season. More bullshit from LJ I think to try and justify his decision.

Tend to agree Tone and as others have said GON also has a fairly lengthy commute by all accounts. But here is another thought; on 10-30k a week or whatever it is/was one would think they rent a nice pad in Bristol and use it during the week or weekend and head back to their homes on the days off. A contract as you and others say should enforce this and I am sure a fine would be imposed if it is broken; maybe they were eked out with regularity and this was all part of the needle.

I've been critical of LJ particularly last season but how can he win in this situation? Not exactly going to come out and say we got rid of Tomlin because he was a disruptive **** is he? 

As as far as I'm concerned we've got rid of our highest earner who was a major disappointment last season. Of course the public spiel from LJ is going to be diplomatic... 

Dont know anyone ho has 3 hours to go to work. If that the case, think its weird. In my Club here i Sweden, we had a manager who was on the train to his job, two hours. He was here in four months. For me its obvious that a player lives where he plays. Tomlin, hell of a player, but more problems than positives wit him . LJ diplomatic in the intererwiev. Think its ok that we sold him.

8 hours ago, chinapig said:

If you're going to imply he is lying you need some contrary evidence. A copy of the contract would be ideal.:whistle:

But how do you enforce it short of sending in some heavies to physically drag him here? You can perhaps tell him he either does what he has signed up for or he will be dropped and/or sold.

Read the thread China. It wasn't me who mentioned the relocation clause in his contract.  What I am saying is that a statement made back in June to events this past week are contradictory.

As for enforcing a contract, why have a clause inserted unless you are prepared to do so. There are many ways of enforcing this.

6 hours ago, havanatopia said:

But here is another thought; on 10-30k a week or whatever it is/was one would think they rent a nice pad in Bristol and use it during the week or weekend and head back to their homes on the days off.

It's what I do and I certainly don't get paid what they do

7 hours ago, bcfcrobin said:

Tomlin rented a flat in the millennium square area last year. However, he moved out just BEFORE the end of the season. 

So are you saying that the 6 hour a day commute is not correct ?

21 minutes ago, BigTone said:

So are you saying that the 6 hour a day commute is not correct ?

I have been told he had a flat in Bristol but thought it was the posh ones off of Cumberland Road. I was under the impression he owned it. It was available to buy/rent before season finished.

Maybe he got it to give the club the impression he was going to stay there. Maybe he fully intended to stay there but his circumstances changed? Guess we'll never know...

42 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

It has been:  he's been sold.

Never thought of that. The next time one of my Builders is deemed to be stretching the terms of their contract I'll just sack them.  Man management and contract administration at its best ....................... Brilliant !

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Never thought of that. The next time one of my Builders is deemed to be stretching the terms of their contract I'll just sack them.  Man management and contract administration at its best ....................... Brilliant !

It's entirely possible that the club have tried to "manage" the situation but the player concerned has not been receptive. Perhaps selling him was the last resort. Perhaps the player was even trying to force a move.

10 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

It's entirely possible that the club have tried to "manage" the situation but the player concerned has not been receptive. Perhaps selling him was the last resort. Perhaps the player was even trying to force a move.

I concede that is possible, however LJ's comments only last month indicated otherwise. One thing that does make me wonder is why we dragged him down from Leicester (6 hour return drive so we're told) to sit on the sidelines at Bristol Manor Farm when we had (from all accounts on here) decided to sell him. If it was Tomlin pushing for a move then I can't see him wanting to do that either especially as the club had already stated he was injured. Problem is none of us know the facts.

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I concede that is possible, however LJ's comments only last month indicated otherwise. One thing that does make me wonder is why we dragged him down from Leicester (6 hour return drive so we're told) to sit on the sidelines at Bristol Manor Farm when we had (from all accounts on here) decided to sell him. If it was Tomlin pushing for a move then I can't see him wanting to do that either especially as the club had already stated he was injured. Problem is none of us know the facts.

What do you expect him to say? "Yeah, I thought we could get the best out of Tomlin but we fell out, he's unprofessional and a bad influence on the squad. Please someone buy him."

Of course he's going to big him up.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

What do you expect him to say? "Yeah, I thought we could get the best out of Tomlin but we fell out, he's unprofessional and a bad influence on the squad. Please someone buy him."

Of course he's going to big him up.

No, of course not but I honestly don't think Johnson had decided to sell him at that point. Don't know why exactly but the point about Bristol Manor Farm being one.

10 minutes ago, BigTone said:

No, of course not but I honestly don't think Johnson had decided to sell him at that point. Don't know why exactly but the point about Bristol Manor Farm being one.

We will never know the answer to that though, we as fans are always last to know so that'll always be conjecture.

Things happen quickly, it's possible the Tomlin deal materialised over a few days from loan offer to permanent transfer. Every player would have a price, if the price is met and the player is happy to go it can push on pretty quickly I'd imagine.

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I think LJ was always going to be a in a no win position with this, in the eyes of some fans.

Had LJ come out and said that LT is no longer part of our plans so will not feature in pre-season games as we are looking to move him on, any club interested in taking him on would know we wanted/needed to sell so will bargain hard for the lowest fee. LJ would then have been slated for causing us to make a big loss on what many judged to be or most talented player.

LJ has been pretty non committal, tried to create the impression of business as usual, and has not criticised the player. Cardiff wanted a loan but it sounds like we were looking for a hefty loan fee. As a result they switched to a permanent transfer and we recouped much more than I thought we would ( I know £2.9m is with add ons). Having taken this course and achieved what many think is the best outcome for the club, LJ and the club are still being criticised.

Man management is a two way excercise, because both parties have to be prepared to play ball and while LJ may not yet be the best at it, I also get the feeling that with Tomlin it has been too much of a one way excercise and that Tomlin's intransigence was the major problem.

32 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We will never know the answer to that though, we as fans are always last to know so that'll always be conjecture.

Things happen quickly, it's possible the Tomlin deal materialised over a few days from loan offer to permanent transfer. Every player would have a price, if the price is met and the player is happy to go it can push on pretty quickly I'd imagine.

That is what I think

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Was that wise man you ? 

Yes it was. Paul Simon rang me up and said he was struggling for a line to finish off a song so I just gave him that one and told him not to bother me again.

Didn`t stop him though, he was never off the phone while he was trying to write Bridge Over Troubled Water - he`s a bit needy TBH, not like Lennon - he just used to say thanks and hang up.

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yes it was. Paul Simon rang me up and said he was struggling for a line to finish off a song so I just gave him that one and told him not to bother me again.

Didn`t stop him though, he was never off the phone while he was trying to write Bridge Over Troubled Water - he`s a bit needy TBH, not like Lennon - he just used to say thanks and hang up.

Bloody Paul Simon . I've put him on ignore .

As I said to my girlfriend many years ago ' oh Cecilia , it's breaking my heart . That bloody Paul Simon's on the phone again.'

Archived