IGNORED

LJ speaks..

ColeCiderRed

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Bloody Paul Simon . I've put him on ignore .

As I said to my girlfriend many years ago ' oh Cecilia , it's breaking my heart . That bloody Paul Simon's on the phone again.'

Sting rang me one day when he was having problems writing the next Police song. I'd been on the beer all day but he must have taken onboard what I said because they brought out "de doo doo da"

13 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I don't think LJ said it was in LTs contract. He said the 6 hrs travelling wasnt any good.

I have worked in Leicester and travelled it, it is not a 6 hour round trip.  If he left at say 6:30 in the morning it would miss the worst of the M42 traffic and would be in Failand before 9 in the morning.

If training finishes at 1pm he would have the afternoon to travel back, so I don't think it's much of a issue.

27 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I think LJ was always going to be a in a no win position with this, in the eyes of some fans.

Had LJ come out and said that LT is no longer part of our plans so will not feature in pre-season games as we are looking to move him on, any club interested in taking him on would know we wanted/needed to sell so will bargain hard for the lowest fee. LJ would then have been slated for causing us to make a big loss on what many judged to be or most talented player.

LJ has been pretty non committal, tried to create the impression of business as usual, and has not criticised the player. Cardiff wanted a loan but it sounds like we were looking for a hefty loan fee. As a result they switched to a permanent transfer and we recouped much more than I thought we would ( I know £2.9m is with add ons). Having taken this course and achieved what many think is the best outcome for the club, LJ and the club are still being criticised.

Man management is a two way excercise, because both parties have to be prepared to play ball and while LJ may not yet be the best at it, I also get the feeling that with Tomlin it has been too much of a one way excercise and that Tomlin's intransigence was the major problem.

I really can't believe a sound bite from LJ, or any other manager, would fool a buying club?  Surely other clubs must have some intel on the player and the current position before tabling a multimillion pound offer?

Or do all the dossiers get tossed in the bin after the Machevellian genius of saying 'he's in our plans?'.

For me the club took a gamble on LT to try and push us on, they knew he was a rogue and was a risk to bring him in but during his loan period he had a positive influence on the team and inevitably helped us produce our best form of the season, and showed the form of a promotion team during that period, so for me it seemed to be a calculated gamble. What happened after the move was made permanent we will never know the full story and to be fair I think it's best we don't. 

Last season, I was firmly in the LJ out camp, but as times gone on SL has proved that he feels he is the right man for the job and is going to be here for the long haul. So as a fan base we can continue to fight this decision and get on LJ's back for any little thing or forget what's happened last season, give the bloke a clean slate and try to move forward as a club. If in December we're in the same position then he has to go, but I'm willing the bloke to prove us wrong. 

At the end of the day if he fails - it's us as fans who suffer so why not encourage the bloke!

11 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Guessing you don't ever have to do it? Took me nearly 4h30 on Tuesday morning. One way. 

I 'used' to do Hinkley/Leicester regularly from Bridgwater in a van! 

It used to take me approx 2.5 hours, knock off the extra 40 mins ( 80 in total) from BW to Bristol! gives you approx 2.15 each way. 

6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I 'used' to do Hinkley/Leicester regularly from Bridgwater in a van! 

It used to take me approx 2.5 hours, knock off the extra 40 mins ( 80 in total) from BW to Bristol! gives you approx 2.15 each way. 

Half of the pain for my journey is normally getting out of Bristol. 

OK so it didn't work out with Tomlin, shame but there you go.  But this is such bullshit.  Players travel much longer distances, and cardiff is practically same distance. Johnson just makes it up as he goes along. Surely did't want to say what really went on.

I know plenty on here want to give him a chance etc etc.  Fine, you can have that opinion but I think someone else should do the talking from now on.  I neither like, trust or admire the guy anymore at all. 

14 hours ago, glos old boy said:

We don't know what went on or what was said, LJ knew where LT lived when he signed him up; this is the first time travelling time has been mentioned....we only get the Clubs side of things anyway so I will take it as an excuse rather than a reason.

In fairness, if LJ says night follows day, you will take it as an excuse not a reason.  Which is why any comments by you on LJ are entirely useless. And boring.

2 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

It's entirely possible that the club have tried to "manage" the situation but the player concerned has not been receptive. Perhaps selling him was the last resort. Perhaps the player was even trying to force a move.

I wonder if the circumstances were the same when at Bournemouth? Probably as long a commute and didn't fit into their culture?

Commuting is just one reason LJ has publicly given for letting LT go, I'm fairly certain there were a lot more reasons which would have show LT in a worse light. 

So many people (you know who you are) want to continually criticise and take the p--s out of LJ. I understand there is frustration that he is still here, but it just seems so utterly futile to keep doing it. 

Give him at least the first 6 league matches to see where we are.

I, for one, will give LJ my full backing, whilst he is still here! There you go, I've nailed my flag to the post!

COYR.

1 hour ago, bs3 said:

I have worked in Leicester and travelled it, it is not a 6 hour round trip.  If he left at say 6:30 in the morning it would miss the worst of the M42 traffic and would be in Failand before 9 in the morning.

If training finishes at 1pm he would have the afternoon to travel back, so I don't think it's much of a issue.

Good for you mate. 

Which top professional athletic sport are you involved in?

Just now, Mtimmy11 said:

So are next step should be to take lee Tomlin to court for breach of contract if every thing lee johnson says is true,bet we don't.

That doesn't happen in football. Too costly, especially if you can simply sell the player.

For instance, Sigurdsson refused to go on Swansea's pre-season tour but there will be no consequences for him. Instead, Swansea will demand £50m for him, get something close to it and move on.

Going back in time, Dennis Wise broke a teammate's jaw but won an appeal against his dismissal.

The power rests with the players these days.

42 minutes ago, Chivs said:

In fairness, if LJ says night follows day, you will take it as an excuse not a reason.  Which is why any comments by you on LJ are entirely useless. And boring.

Why can't day follow night ? :dunno:

18 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

Commuting is just one reason LJ has publicly given for letting LT go, I'm fairly certain there were a lot more reasons which would have show LT in a worse light. 

So many people (you know who you are) want to continually criticise and take the p--s out of LJ. I understand there is frustration that he is still here, but it just seems so utterly futile to keep doing it. 

Give him at least the first 6 league matches to see where we are.

I, for one, will give LJ my full backing, whilst he is still here! There you go, I've nailed my flag to the post!

COYR.

Pretty much everyone knows that Tomlin could be a difficult and awkward customer especially when things weren't going his way. You have to look at the number ot times he got booked for mouthing off at the referee when he didn't get a decision to realise that. It was only financial penalties that stopped him gobbling off.

Imagine what he must have been like off the pitch.........:shocking:

Tomlin is difficult to manage. Eddie Howe got rid of him because of his stroppy attitude and disruptive influence within the club.

Now pretty much the same scenario has happened at City.

I posted before that at Cardiff Colin will know how to handle Tomlin. He's a vastly experienced manager and would have dealt with players of Tomlins type plenty of time before. He'll have the nouse of how to get the best out of Tomlin. I just hope that he doesn't come back to haunt us.............:facepalm:

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

Never thought of that. The next time one of my Builders is deemed to be stretching the terms of their contract I'll just sack them.  Man management and contract administration at its best ....................... Brilliant !

Some times it's the only way, when all else has failed.  You don't honestly think the club have been simply tolerating it all along do you?

23 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Some times it's the only way, when all else has failed.  You don't honestly think the club have been simply tolerating it all along do you?

Not sure to be honest. When ex footballers become managers it doesn't mean they all of a sudden become financial wizards or experts on contractual matters.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Half of the pain for my journey is normally getting out of Bristol. 

Half the pain for my journey is getting out of bed!

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Pretty much everyone knows that Tomlin could be a difficult and awkward customer especially when things weren't going his way. You have to look at the number ot times he got booked for mouthing off at the referee when he didn't get a decision to realise that. It was only financial penalties that stopped him gobbling off.

Think you are confusing LT with his Nanny RR - aledgedly :shocking:

5 hours ago, BigTone said:

I concede that is possible, however LJ's comments only last month indicated otherwise. One thing that does make me wonder is why we dragged him down from Leicester (6 hour return drive so we're told) to sit on the sidelines at Bristol Manor Farm when we had (from all accounts on here) decided to sell him. If it was Tomlin pushing for a move then I can't see him wanting to do that either especially as the club had already stated he was injured. Problem is none of us know the facts.

He drove himself to the BMF game, all the other players arrived on the team coach ( I think) so I assume he did indeed drive from Leicester. Maybe he did intend to move here after his loan spell but maybe the situation changed in Leicester and it never happened. Maybe the club gave him a bit of leeway to sort his arrangements  out and once it became clear it wasn't working for either him or the club it was best he found another club. Maybe Cardiff are willing to accept his arrangements in return for getting his calibur of player. Maybe they will tire of him too, or him of them before long?

lots of maybe's there, but he's not our problem anymore now, well only for two matches this season. 

4 hours ago, bs3 said:

And how many footballers do you reckon get up at 6.30 in the morning? :mf_sleep:

4 hours ago, bs3 said:

Every time I work in Derby I leave at 6.30 on the dot and it's very rare that I'm there before 9.30

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Every time I work in Derby I leave at 6.30 on the dot and it's very rare that I'm there before 9.30

Indeed, but even in BS3's scenario, LT would be spending 5 hours behind the wheel. I spent 3 months commuting to and from SW London by car, 5hours a day, it's knackering and plays havoc physically and grinds you down mentally.

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Indeed, but even in BS3's scenario, LT would be spending 5 hours behind the wheel. I spent 3 months commuting to and from SW London by car, 5hours a day, it's knackering and plays havoc physically and grinds you down mentally.

It really does. I only do it a couple of times a month but it's still an absolute ball ache. 6-7 hours in the car on top of your working day takes it out of you. 

20 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Done it myself mate and you are right. The last thing I`d want to do after a 3.5 hour drive on some of the most congested motorways in Britain every day is go football training at championship level.

If I was him, had made the decision to do that commute and could afford it I`d employ someone to do the driving for me. Just kip in the back all the way down and up.

Archived