IGNORED

LJ speaks..

ColeCiderRed

1 hour ago, mikep said:

And how many footballers do you reckon get up at 6.30 in the morning? :mf_sleep:

Seeing their WAGS I reckon it's quite a few :thumbsup:

16 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Done it myself mate and you are right. The last thing I`d want to do after a 3.5 hour drive on some of the most congested motorways in Britain every day is go football training at championship level.

If I was him, had made the decision to do that commute and could afford it I`d employ someone to do the driving for me. Just kip in the back all the way down and up.

Exactly.  Not good for your hamstrings either...unless you've got an automatic.

If he had a flat down here, why didn't he use it.  @Septic Peg maybe stumbled on the reason he was so keen to go back 'home' to 'play away' - allegedly! :P

Many footballers realise the short-termism of their contracts and don't move lock, stock to their club's location.  They often rent houses off of departed players and do the same with their own houses.  That's not to say they don't buy properties as investments but they don't alway live in them.  Read Ben Smith's autobiography.  Not all living in luxury, but at Champ and above, you ought to be doing very well for yourself.

6 hours ago, bs3 said:

I have worked in Leicester and travelled it, it is not a 6 hour round trip.  If he left at say 6:30 in the morning it would miss the worst of the M42 traffic and would be in Failand before 9 in the morning.

If training finishes at 1pm he would have the afternoon to travel back, so I don't think it's much of a issue.

Exactly this. If LT has an issue with a 6.30 start, play football for a few hours with some tactical classroom stuff on top and be home by 5pm then he really needs to grow up. Myself, and I assume most people on this forum, are up at 6.30 everyday and get home at 5 at the absolute earliest and still get on with our lives - and that's having been sat in front of excel for 8 hours rather than playing football and being paid in a year not much more than LT earns in a week.

I was actually very disappointed when I found out we sold him as I thought he had more to offer but having seen the aftermath and reactions of those at the club, I could not be happier that he's left.

I really hope he replicates this at Cardiff.

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It really does. I only do it a couple of times a month but it's still an absolute ball ache. 6-7 hours in the car on top of your working day takes it out of you. 

LT's working day is 4hours playing football and gets paid about £1k an hour. He needs to grow up.

3 minutes ago, joeyb said:

I really hope he replicates this at Cardiff.

Don't we all!

Unfortunately Colin won't allow it. 

Of all the managers in the SBC that would know how to get the best out Tomlin, Colin and 'Arry are the only two.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Don't we all!

Unfortunately Colin won't allow it. 

Of all the managers in the SBC that would know how to get the best out Tomlin, Colin and 'Arry are the only two.

I think he'll fail at Cardiff too.  His impact on his fellow pros will be his downfall, not the relationship with NW.

Just now, ScottishRed said:

Am I missing something here? We only stayed up by a margin of 3 points right?

And finished above seven other teams - almost a third of the league.

We finished one point behind Ipswich who I doubt many would say were ever in serious relegation trouble and had we beaten Birmingham instead of being on the beach we would have been a place higher and stayed up by six points.

It`s whatever you want it to be really isn`t it?

14 minutes ago, joeyb said:

LT's working day is 4hours playing football and gets paid about £1k an hour. He needs to grow up.

I wasn't saying anything in support of Tomlin. Simply pointing out to those trying to find fault with what Johnson said that it's a valid statement. Not going to get much change out of six hours doing a round trip to Leicester each day. 

10 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Correct. But that doesn't make the fact that it was an improvement on points and league position over the previous season any less true!

Points total and position doesn't tell all the story. Season before last we stayed up by 12 points, sounds comfortable compared to last year going down to the last but one game and 3 points.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Points total and position doesn't tell all the story. Season before last we stayed up by 12 points, sounds comfortable compared to last year going down to the last but one game and 3 points.

Absolutely. Just pointing out that it was a factually correct statement!

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think he'll fail at Cardiff too.  His impact on his fellow pros will be his downfall, not the relationship with NW.

Has he been licenced as Agent Tomlin ?

This could turn out to be a rather amusing story to follow , if we can take our eyes off our promotion push for an instant.

What ?

21 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Historically ,though , the points tally was higher than many preceding seasons.  In seasons past we would have been much higher up the table .

It just highlights the competitiveness of this League that we are privileged to play in.

18 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Let us know when the operation is and how you get on 

I take Bob, you must think this forum is the centre of the universe. Everyone uses it, and LJ is extremely  worried about what you and your other three fingered friends write on here. I personally don't think he does. I think this forum is mainly a small group of the same people who talk to each all the time. Then there's the occasional users like myself, who I would imagine outnumber you by quite a few. And then there's ordinary people who have probably never heard of otib. But if you want to believe that somehow Otib is the main think-tank of what makes the club tick,  cos it makes you feel important when you post on here Bob. Then that's fine with me...... I'll humour you! 

All this talk about clauses in Tomlin's contract.

What I wanna know is have we got a sell on clause in his new Cardiff contract?

If we do, bonus payment next summer when he gets flogged for having fisticuffs with Warnock and some other poor sap of a club buys him...

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Fingers crossed. 

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if he started well (like when he was on loan with us) before the problems start.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

All this talk about clauses in Tomlin's contract.

What I wanna know is have we got a sell on clause in his new Cardiff contract?

If we do, bonus payment next summer when he gets flogged for having fisticuffs with Warnock and some other poor sap of a club buys him...

At some point you'd like to think there was no club desperate enough to take on what must be an ever-increasing risk with a player whose shelf-life is quite limited (if only because he's liable to fall through it at some point!), but there'll always be enough minted under-achieving clubs. Rince amd repeat as far as Tomlin is concerned.

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

At some point you'd like to think there was no club desperate enough to take on what must be an ever-increasing risk with a player whose shelf-life is quite limited (if only because he's liable to fall through it at some point!), but there'll always be enough minted under-achieving clubs. Rince amd repeat as far as Tomlin is concerned.

He`ll end up back at Peterborough in a couple of years having made a fortune from the game over the years. Nice work if you can get it but who can blame him.

I can see him being an agent in years to come too.

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

He`ll end up back at Peterborough in a couple of years having made a fortune from the game over the years. Nice work if you can get it but who can blame him.

I can see him being an agent in years to come too.

As long as someone's filling out forms for him, don't think he'd get away using crayon 

1 hour ago, Offside said:

Fingers crossed. 

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if he started well (like when he was on loan with us) before the problems start.

Yep. He'll be excellent for a few months, leading to much annoyance on here (like whenever JET did anything remotely positive at QPR), and obviously he'll score against us, but give it time and things will go sour.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. He'll be excellent for a few months, leading to much annoyance on here (like whenever JET did anything remotely positive at QPR), and obviously he'll score against us, but give it time and things will go sour.

Pretty much what I think will happen. The only thing that might change things is if they`re bottom three by October and Tan gives Colin the Spanish.

9 hours ago, bs3 said:

I have worked in Leicester and travelled it, it is not a 6 hour round trip.  If he left at say 6:30 in the morning it would miss the worst of the M42 traffic and would be in Failand before 9 in the morning.

If training finishes at 1pm he would have the afternoon to travel back, so I don't think it's much of a issue.

I Live the other side of Leicester (unfortunately ) to where LT Resides , And come down to each match  He has Wizzed by me a few times on the A46  to and from junc 11 Tewksbury turn off  M5 , 55mins to ground or Failand from there  2hr 20 mins overall trip ,    Bardiff would be same Time and milage for LT I would amagine

2 hours ago, john from high littleton said:

I take Bob, you must think this forum is the centre of the universe. Everyone uses it, and LJ is extremely  worried about what you and your other three fingered friends write on here. I personally don't think he does. I think this forum is mainly a small group of the same people who talk to each all the time. Then there's the occasional users like myself, who I would imagine outnumber you by quite a few. And then there's ordinary people who have probably never heard of otib. But if you want to believe that somehow Otib is the main think-tank of what makes the club tick,  cos it makes you feel important when you post on here Bob. Then that's fine with me...... I'll humour you! 

Ouch!

I am absolutely staggered that an asset of the football club was allowed to live in Leicester and allowed to travel daily while he gets paid so handsomely.

I thought we were getting more professional but obviously not.

Living in Leicester and playing for us would suggest to me he doesn't really care who pays his wages. 

21 hours ago, john from high littleton said:

Truth is it doesn't really matter that he's being attacked for one reason or another. The point is the people who are doing it are just dimwits on a forum with a tiny gene pool. So in the grand scheme of things, and to put it into perspective "it's not really a problem" . He has plenty of support from the average fan, and of course the board. 

I think every person is entitled to their opinion on Lee Johnson without being called a 'dimwit...with a tiny gene pool' - that's just rude, unnecessary and inappropriate.

You obviously don't like anyone disagreeing with your views. That's a dangerous precedent in any society. 

And you also seem to think you know the views of all our 'average' fans.....everyone I know does not want Lee Johnson to be the manager of our club. They are all 'average' fans so their views contradict your assertion, but I wouldn't dream of pretending I know the views of every 'average' fan....

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think every person is entitled to their opinion on Lee Johnson without being called a 'dimwit...with a tiny gene pool' - that's just rude, unnecessary and inappropriate.

You obviously don't like anyone disagreeing with your views. That's a dangerous precedent in any society. 

And you also seem to think you know the views of all our 'average' fans.....everyone I know does not want Lee Johnson to be the manager of our club. They are all 'average' fans so their views contradict your assertion, but I wouldn't dream of pretending I know the views of every 'average' fan....

With the greatest respect if you find my posting insulting compared to others on here . Then you are either new to this forum, or over reacting.!

Archived