IGNORED

Diedhiou

Tomlins_toe

1 hour ago, kevthered said:

He done well,teamed up with Reid and looked a threat, some very clever touches and good in the air, needs a few games with his new team mates  and early signs for me are that he looked good

I'd agree with that. Didn't ever look like scoring but showed a few great touches, a willingness to drop deep and link play and gets himself up into aerial challenges. 

Only question mark for me would be his pace, but that was hard to tell today in a game where they sat deep and the game was never stretched. 

As an additional point, I thought Hinds looked half decent in the second half. Better than mclousky, from what I've seen. 

11 minutes ago, kevthered said:

Thought Patterson had a good game...My man off the match.... Hinds will be a quality player, think a league 1/2 will be good for him this year

Agreed. Patto was good today. Who was the youngster who played CB second half? Blondeish hair..? Looked composed. Didn't think it was Taylor-Moore by the look of him but can't think who else it could have been. 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Agreed. Patto was good today. Who was the youngster who played CB second half? Blondeish hair..? Looked composed. Didn't think it was Taylor-Moore by the look of him but can't think who else it could have been. 

Yes it was Taylor Moore..bit bigger this year eh.... might  had he still looks small next to Flinty

13 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

It was Taylor Moore, he has "filled out" a bit.

A bit - he looked like a tank!

Looking like he is now ready for mens football, might make some mistakes due to experience but IMO him and Mags will make an excellent CB pairing in 2 years if we can keep them both happy.

On Diedhiou - not sure.

IMO he didnt look great against a poor defence but that may have been how we were playing more than anything else (lots of floaty slow balls up to him). Some quality first touches when he dropped deep but poor shooting and finishing when chances were given.

Obviously only one game but struck me as a Hesky type player - lots of spirit, battle and hard work, but probably needs to work with a finisher if were going to get anywhere as a team.

Only pre season and not sure of the preparation beforehand but overall we need to be much quicker - far too lackluster and slow.

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

On Diedhiou - not sure.

IMO he didnt look great against a poor defence but that may have been how we were playing more than anything else (lots of floaty slow balls up to him). Some quality first touches when he dropped deep but poor shooting and finishing when chances were given.

Obviously only one game but struck me as a Hesky type player - lots of spirit, battle and hard work, but probably needs to work with a finisher if were going to get anywhere as a team.

Only pre season and not sure of the preparation beforehand but overall we need to be much quicker - far too lackluster and slow.

Don't judge too much from pre season, most teams will look slow and pedestrian, as the pitches don't get watered before kick off the majority of the time, so the ball doesn't zip across the turf.

If being judged on one game then I'd say

strength great

touch good

In the air good

Passing poor

pace average

He doesn't look like a striker to play on the shoulder and there were times when Reid was further up field than him.  But seems to link up play well and just hope his passing was rusty and his pace not there yet as first game.

As for the others, the standouts were Flint, Bryan, Brownhill, Pato, COD, Moore. 

Reid must improve his short passing.  Magnússon needs to get stronger.  Fielding flappy as per.  

56 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

Calm down ladies.. but Taylor Moore certainly seems bulkier.

JMP_Bristol_Manor_Farm_v_Bristol_City_RT0130.jpg

Not really at all, this is a bit like the myth that Freeman 'bulked up'. 

You can't 'bulk up' very easily in the space of a few months when doing heavy cardio. He'd have to be eating an extraordinary amount to add any noticeable size at all with careful monitoring along with a good weights programme. Difficult to facilitate when he's been out on loan at Bury. 

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not really at all, this is a bit like the myth that Freeman 'bulked up'. 

You can't 'bulk up' very easily in the space of a few months when doing heavy cardio. He'd have to be eating an extraordinary amount to add any noticeable size at all with careful monitoring along with a good weights programme. Difficult to facilitate when he's been out on loan at Bury. 

Freeman definitely bulked up between L1/Championship.

7 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Don't judge too much from pre season, most teams will look slow and pedestrian, as the pitches don't get watered before kick off the majority of the time, so the ball doesn't zip across the turf.

The original question was how did Diedhiou get on today, I expanded that with my answer to include the team. It was a one off but it is all we have got to go on at the moment.

I do wonder with these type of responses, they only ever seem to come up when someone is being critical - no one is saying "Don't judge too much from pre season" to this post:

10 hours ago, kevthered said:

He done well,teamed up with Reid and looked a threat, some very clever touches and good in the air, needs a few games with his new team mates  and early signs for me are that he looked good

27 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You can't 'bulk up' over a pre-season.

I think with him it was a bit of an illusion because of his hair and the kit.

surely he could have bulked up in the 6 months at bury playing men's football and presumably doing gym work? 

36 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

surely he could have bulked up in the 6 months at bury playing men's football and presumably doing gym work? 

Not really, Football is an endurance game. He'd have to be eating an absolutely enormous amount and be on a heavily monitored gym regime to add size.

Freeman may have grown into his body. He was 21/22 when he signed and some people don't totally thicken out until their 20s. That's a different thing to purposely 'bulking up' though. In weight training basically means attempting to add size (fat and muscle) by eating a huge amount and working out religiously with the goal of becoming bigger/heavier/stronger. As endurance athletes that's very difficult to do over a short period of time.

38 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not really, Football is an endurance game. He'd have to be eating an absolutely enormous amount and be on a heavily monitored gym regime to add size.

Freeman may have grown into his body. He was 21/22 when he signed and some people don't totally thicken out until their 20s. That's a different thing to purposely 'bulking up' though. In weight training basically means attempting to add size (fat and muscle) by eating a huge amount and working out religiously with the goal of becoming bigger/heavier/stronger. As endurance athletes that's very difficult to do over a short period of time.

You're quite simply wrong here bud. Anyone can 'bulk up' with the right food and gym work. 

"Freeman didn't bulk up" :facepalm:

IMG_0926.thumb.JPG.72390431653ab2777b0721af8bf85585.JPGIMG_0927.thumb.JPG.279e6114496271cc8748d7e9acda481a.JPG

4 hours ago, Pezo said:

The original question was how did Diedhiou get on today, I expanded that with my answer to include the team. It was a one off but it is all we have got to go on at the moment.

I do wonder with these type of responses, they only ever seem to come up when someone is being critical - no one is saying "Don't judge too much from pre season" to this post:

I answered the question go how did Diedhiou got on and gave a short straight answer...it was a fair question and answer, if someone is being critical and I think it's incorrect or unfair I will say so if that's what I think but on this occasion I don't believe it is.... 

1 hour ago, JasonM88 said:

You're quite simply wrong here bud. Anyone can 'bulk up' with the right food and gym work. 

"Freeman didn't bulk up" :facepalm:

IMG_0926.thumb.JPG.72390431653ab2777b0721af8bf85585.JPGIMG_0927.thumb.JPG.279e6114496271cc8748d7e9acda481a.JPG

You've missed the point - that early picture was taken when he first signed, and was about 21/22. He 'filled out' naturally I think over the course of the few years he was here.

People go on as if he added an inordinate amount of muscle over one pre season - which is simply ridiculous and almost impossible for an endurance athlete.

Archived