IGNORED

No more strikers incoming?

Edge1981

11 hours ago, Edge1981 said:

Possibly so. How interested are we in his progression though when he was out on loan? Didn't Tinman fly out to watch him only to find out he was injured? Surely there would be dialogue between manager and player or club and player on an almost daily basis if they really were serious on him being the future of our club?

Remember when Tammy had an interview near the end of the season and said he hadn't spoken to Conte all season. I think it's the done thing for parent clubs to leave players and not interfere. 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Thanks for adding absolutely sod all to the debate other than a personal insult :thumbsup:

There is no insult there at all, get a grip. 

2 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Why is that do you think? we didn't/don't have what they wanted i.e a club that looked as though they were moving forward not constantly going no-where. We maybe should say right sink or swim lets go for it and stop playing at it, show more ambition and desire; we could challenge anyone but not with hope/maybe and if players. Buy class, class costs.

We can be as ambitious as we like but when a player has a choice between us and, say, Leeds or Villa, we are going to lose out.

If we try to compete on wages, even if FFP allowed, the debt will rapidly increase and sink will be more likely than swim. We have been down that road and it didn't work. SL is not going to go there again.

15 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yep, all the normal transfer window smoke and mirrors as usual.

Can`t wait for the two new signings that no-one`s even mentioned to be announced on the Wednesday of the Tenerife trip.

AFAIK we hope for 3 signings complete I. Next 10 days, one of which is a striker .

3 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

I just don't see enough goals in our team. We need to be more solid but we haven't strengthened those positions sufficiently enough. At the moment I fear another relegation scrap, hopefully we'll recruit a few more key players.

DR , I've a problem , we actually have a very capable team but the forward line is largely untried at this level ,as is our defence .

It is possible that we could storm this League or equally be down by march we just don't know . That is the beauty of football .

It would be wonderful if Young Bobby continued scoring at the rate of these friendlies . Will it happen ? Probably not but it could .

We could buy a whole team of Championship experienced players and see us go down .

:dunno:

5 hours ago, chinapig said:

We can be as ambitious as we like but when a player has a choice between us and, say, Leeds or Villa, we are going to lose out.

If we try to compete on wages, even if FFP allowed, the debt will rapidly increase and sink will be more likely than swim. We have been down that road and it didn't work. SL is not going to go there again.

Be off with you China, coming on here and talking sense. :)

Archived