IGNORED

What do we really need before match day one

Sparkz 76

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And available at the weekend

and the occasional Tuesday night. With a bit of flexibility around cup ties (dependant on opposition and round) applicants who are planning to have children in the Bristol area must of course, naturally expect their child to grow up with a Bristolian accent!

Just now, ColeCiderRed said:

and the occasional Tuesday night. With a bit of flexibility around cup ties (dependant on opposition and round) applicants who are planning to have children in the Bristol area must of course, naturally expect their child to grow up with a Bristolian accent!

And must agree never to lend their cars to any random Chelsea loan players who happen to be at the club.

And no widdling into glasses at race meetings.

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Happy with what we have got. We invested heavily in young players, now is the time to give them ago. Cant be any worse than October to March last season.

We just need a fit Đurić and job done:

Fielding

Pisano

Flint or Magnussen

Wright

Bryan or Golbourne

Paterson

Smith

Brownhill

ODowda

Diedhiou

Đurić

IMO that's got relegation battle written all over it - hope not but I cant pretend that its rather underwhelming.

Quality LB and CM would probably make a world of difference and mean were not involved in a relegation battle.

For me, there are many question marks over our squad.

Pisano and Diedhiou are unknown quantities and might take a while to adjust.

Up front Đurić is a quality player if he can stay clear of injury. Taylor needs to sharpen up in front of goal. God knows about Engvall.

Flint/Mags/Wright - good players, but if we lose Flint it will leave a big hole.

O'Dowda and Brownhill are full of energy but I'm not sure if they are able to have a consistent impact.

I rate both Pack and Smith in midfield. It looks like we are hoping Reid and Paterson can supply the creativity - we need to see consistency from them both. Not sure that we have someone who can control the game.

Bryan also needs to find some consistency and it seems that LJ doesn't rate Golbourne.

Fielding comes in for some criticism on this forum but I think he's fine. Needs good competition, though.

I'd do something like this -

GK - new signing and have FF as backup, send IL and MO'L out on loan.

RB - EP as first choice and one of ZV or TM as backup and send the other out on loan. I'm not sure whose higher up the pecking order out of those two?

CB - AF, BW, HM, JH and one of ZV/TM is fine for me but if we lose AF he definitely needs replacing imo.

LB - I think this is a tricky one but I'd probably stick with JB, sell SG and use LK as backup.

CM - I'd look to move on GO'N leaving us with KS, MP and JB as genuine centre midfielders and BR and JH able to do a job there but I still wouldn't mind one more if we could shift GO'N.

WM - JP and CO'D are our only genuine wide men with both JB's able to do a job there, I'd definitely try and bring in one more.

AM - BR, JP and MT can all play there and as it look like we will play two up top I don't think we're desperate but one more wouldn't hurt I suppose.

CF - FD, MT, MD, GE and AW. If GE impresses in Tenerife and we plan on using him then I think we are ok for strikers as long as we can get them all fit, if GE goes back out on loan we definitely need one more.

I'd also try and get as many of the U23's I haven't mentioned out on loan too.

Easy as that!

Just now, redandy1 said:

Johnson and Ashton to wake up and sign the players we need, if  we are to avoid another year of relegation battling. And convince the good players  we have that it is worth staying with us. 

Yes experienced CC performers like LT and GON....... Oh wait a minute! 

When watching the top teams against City, one of the things that stands out for me is a lack of pace. I think the current squad could cope if they play to their potential. But if I could, I would bring in a central midfielder who is a tidy ball player, who is 6ft + & is quick. Ever that, or get Pack 2 yards quicker! A quick genuine righ footed wide man if possible, but this would depend on what formation/style we are going to play. COYR 

42 minutes ago, Offside said:

Pisano and Diedhiou are unknown quantities and might take a while to adjust.

Up front Đurić is a quality player if he can stay clear of injury. Taylor needs to sharpen up in front of goal. God knows about Engvall.

So our first choice top 4 strikers have 3 goals for Bristol City between them.

A refreshing reality check that a season of consolidation would be a positive...

Personally optimistic. We finished the season well seem to have strengthened at RB, while Famara can hopefully lead line effectively. Lots of younger players who will have benefitted from last season. Think we have yet to see the best of Hegeler. One or two additions would be welcome but see no reason to panic. 

12 minutes ago, Hellfire Corner said:

What do we need? We need to get on with our everyday lives for the next 20 days until the season starts and enjoy the summer weather.

We need what the world needs. that's love sweet love.

It's the only thing that there's just too little of.

7 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Happy with what we have got. We invested heavily in young players, now is the time to give them ago. Cant be any worse than October to March last season.

Fielding

Pisano

Flint or Magnussen

Wright

Bryan or Golbourne

Paterson

Smith

Brownhill

ODowda

Diedhiou

Đurić

Hegeler...classiest player we've got....needs to be in....

Ok, so I've admitted we need 1-2 more true quality. Possibly 3 but if we don't replace Frank I don't think it'll be because we didn't try but because we didn't find the right deal. Frank is good enough for us to be midtable so I'll say keeper is third on my list. Probably my same feelings about a striker. We could use another with some experience. Vaughn and Dicko are good examples and maybe we were or are in for them depending on who we are talking about. Again I think we are being patient to see who is available and for how much and could the price come down in August. 

Now I think we really need a pacy winger. I know we didn't finish with proper wingers last season but the squad needs pace to help break teams down when we are away. Could even use two considering O'Dowda is probably are only true out and out winger. If we got two it could allow Brownhill to be that athletic box to box CM I think we need. Could Hegeler do it? I'm not sure but he is a class footballer. I like Pack in there and him and Brownhill would probably be my ideal pairing. Smith doesn't offer enough for me and I think it's easier to get Brownhill to get stuck in the to teach Korey to play more bravely in the final third. Hegeler and Smith back up to those two. 

So I wasn't too clear but a definite need for a pacy winger. Hopefully that solves the CM problem with Brownhill being freed to play there. Then a keeper and striker if we can get the right ones. Again, I think we are trying to get both but are willing to be patient to get ones that will 100% help and be the right cost. 

The winger or wingers, I'm happy to get loans in for. I would hope we can find our way into that foreign loan market. Kachunga, Sakho and Costa were all initial loans from foreign clubs. Good examples of what I think we need on the wing. Don't mind an English winger but think the foreign wingers are cheaper and have been coming into the league and performing well. 

19 hours ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Been thinking our squad is large now and what positions do we need to fill before the first game of the season starts?.

If everyone stays at club I would like to see a new goalkeeper and a box to box midfielder with a decent goal scoring record maybe a left back but not a must.

thoughts?

another manager

19 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Fielding

Pisano

Flint or Magnussen

Wright

Bryan or Golbourne

Paterson

Smith

Brownhill

ODowda

Diedhiou

Đurić

I see no leadership in that side, no grit or desire. Lot's of quality, ability but I think we're missing an important ingredient..

Archived