IGNORED

With the current squad where would you predict us to finish....

The Humble Realist

With the current squad where would you predict us to finish....  

358 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 minutes ago, Neo said:

Worrying that (currently) over 85% predict middle section or below in a league getting harder by the year - not to mention the third window that Lee insisted on.

This time last year, at a guess - 25% or maybe a bit more thought top 6 and the majority of the rest  7th to 18th region.

Either fans are being overly pessimistic typically Bristolian or LJ and MA need to bring in some quality and get active as I feel the lack of positivity (which I get btw) might project from the stands fairly early this season - like September !!

55 minutes ago, pillred said:

god, I'm glad you're not being pessimistic!!

He's being optimistically pessimistic, but it could be pessimistically optimistic!

Midtable I say. Last season we where in a terrible long bad run, Think 8 losses in row. We learned a lesson, dont think it happens again. The italian guy, Famara, Taylor, Hegeler and others will step forward and we Wii be doing fine. We beat both Hudds and Brighton last season that shows that we can play good football. Dont think the majority of the teams are so mutch better than City. Sunderland, Boro, Detby, Norwicj, Villa, Leeds, Reding, Fulham ok they are probably better than City. Instead of Tammy I Think  we have many others who can score. Tomlin gone, Think good for the feeling in the squad. Think LJ not more bad than any other manager in this leauge. Last season we where in trouble, the players and he worked it out. Think that gave City a strenght that we can use this season, no panic if we lose some games in a row. Rotherham, Wigan, Blackburn sacked their managers and it went no better for them. Big boss gambled I Think when he not sacked LJ but he played his Cards right now that we survived and know the answer. Last season I Predicted us top six, thinking with my heart. Offcause I hope for top six, but its not realistic. Midtable its not like believing in Donald Duck i Think. Coyr!!!

I think 60points is a realistic target. Where that equates to in league placing can vary. Let's say 14th. 

As a prediction right now, I'd think that bottom 3 will consist of Burton, Millwall & Barnsley. 

I think we can be hopeful of doing better than Forest, Ipswich, QPR, Preston, Bolton & Sheff Utd.

I think most other teams are likely to be pretty strong and clawing our way above them will mean we've had a better than expected season. 

6 hours ago, Garland-sweden said:

Midtable I say. Last season we where in a terrible long bad run, Think 8 losses in row. We learned a lesson, dont think it happens again. The italian guy, Famara, Taylor, Hegeler and others will step forward and we Wii be doing fine. We beat both Hudds and Brighton last season that shows that we can play good football. Dont think the majority of the teams are so mutch better than City. Sunderland, Boro, Detby, Norwicj, Villa, Leeds, Reding, Fulham ok they are probably better than City. Instead of Tammy I Think  we have many others who can score. Tomlin gone, Think good for the feeling in the squad. Think LJ not more bad than any other manager in this leauge. Last season we where in trouble, the players and he worked it out. Think that gave City a strenght that we can use this season, no panic if we lose some games in a row. Rotherham, Wigan, Blackburn sacked their managers and it went no better for them. Big boss gambled I Think when he not sacked LJ but he played his Cards right now that we survived and know the answer. Last season I Predicted us top six, thinking with my heart. Offcause I hope for top six, but its not realistic. Midtable its not like believing in Donald Duck i Think. Coyr!!!

Wise words indeed and I like your thinking that the Tomlin exit will be good for the team spirit.

11 hours ago, cynic said:

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that this forum is anywhere near representative of the fan base.

It isn't.

Maybe so, the current 80+% who think we'll finish in the bottom half is probably disproportionately posititive!  

Bottom 6 for the majority of the season. WITHOUT writing them off, our only 2 signings have no championship experience whatsoever. They will inevitably require time and games to get up to speed. We have lost a lot of goals in Tammy and although it doesn't sound like much, 7 goals in Tomlin. I still think we need a quality championship striker, yes I know they cost money, but do we not have money?.... 

engvall is clearly not rated, Đurić is struggling and Taylor is still adapting. 

Unless 2 or 3 quality additions are made to the quality players we already have, I fear we will be looking over our shoulder again. 

Just to reiterate, I'm not moaning/slagging anyone off/LJ hater etc...

19 hours ago, The Humble Realist said:

Plus 500k for freeman 

With three months left on his contract we got 500k? Where did you see that? Good business if you are right under the circumstances 

18 hours ago, reddoh said:

you heard(read) it here first. 1st 99 points champions.

Like it a lot!

17 hours ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

trust me, top 10

Like it!

17 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

21st. Season of struggle.

Not so much!

6 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Wise words indeed and I like your thinking that the Tomlin exit will be good for the team spirit.

It certainly seemed to help spirit for the last seven games or so! Let's hope so!

It would be interesting to see where fans of other championship clubs would see us. Last season the championship forums had us and Huddersfield down as the playoff dark horses. 

Personally with the amount of money being spent by other teams and the amount of loan players being brought in i can only see us finishing slightly better than last season.

After 58 years of support with the vast majority disappointent, intermingled with the odd flash of success I am afraid this year will be the same old, same old.

plenty of verbals from the powers that be and little in the way of progress.

the squad is currently worse than the one which struggled last year so we are certain to struggle. Even if we get a couple of loan signings they may not have had a pre season.

And fans wonder why us oldies are so negative.

My advice to you young uns, don't let the bastards get you down!! But they will while LJ is at Ashton Gate.

13 minutes ago, Alwaystomorrow said:

After 58 years of support with the vast majority disappointent, intermingled with the odd flash of success I am afraid this year will be the same old, same old.

plenty of verbals from the powers that be and little in the way of progress.

the squad is currently worse than the one which struggled last year so we are certain to struggle. Even if we get a couple of loan signings they may not have had a pre season.

And fans wonder why us oldies are so negative.

My advice to you young uns, don't let the bastards get you down!! But they will while LJ is at Ashton Gate.

Spot on

Archived