IGNORED

just back 2 years on !

cityred exile

following my visit to Yeovil  yesterday   My mind went back to my last visit for the friendly  in 2015 , the starting line up that evening   was as follows   FIELDING   AYLING FLINT WILLIAMS   LITTLE PACK SMITHFREEMAN BRYAN  KODJIA WILBRAHAM       6 LISTED  UNUSED SUBS !     That in its self is a odd thing for a friendly    It was also our first sighting of Johnathan Kodjia  who I recall blasting many a shot wide and getting himself offside !   A 91st winner for the home side !   Big difference to yesterday !

First viewing of Kodjia & first thought was oh dear! As for Yeovil, I know quite a few season ticket holders for them who are not renewing. They say it's awful to watch & they have next to nothing money wise. Hence god knows how many loans & those trialists Saturday. Think I'm right in saying that they don't even have first dibs on the academy players, as Southampton fund it! COYR 

8 minutes ago, David Brent said:

That was our promotion winning lineup (with Kodjia for Agard). The only thing I see is the complete lack of depth we had at that time.

Makes me realise we actually have quite an exciting squad now, as it is.

Or that we still have too many from a defence and midfield which has proved to be too leaky and in the case of midfield, unable to provide many goals.

I'm playing devils' advocate but as we still have three quarters of the promotion spine, will we make any progress until we strengthen it?

My first sighting of Kodjia too.  Funny, I liked what I saw, albeit a bit raw.  Had pace to burn.  I said he'd charge down a keeper during the season (didn't happen!). Good touch, skilful, good appreciation of players around him (didn't always play out thru the season), and ability to create his own chances.  I went away thinking we had something, maybe not 20 goals, but I thought 1 in 3, circa 15.  Had others been on his wavelength he'd have had several more assists too. 

8 hours ago, David Brent said:

That was our promotion winning lineup (with Kodjia for Agard). The only thing I see is the complete lack of depth we had at that time.

Makes me realise we actually have quite an exciting squad now, as it is.

The issue for me is the team is 60% what we had out on Saturday. The squad is bigger but we haven't added enough quality to represent the step up over the last 2 seasons.

Archived