IGNORED

Dr Who

phantom

• Admin
47 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The funniest tweet I saw yesterday was: "What if the Daleks invade when she's on her period?"

Well in that case, they wouldn't stand a f*****g chance mate.

One that caught my eye was saying they had to stop the filming as she was struggling to park the tardis

2 hours ago, RedM said:

To be honest I liked her in Broadchurch and she could do a lot better than that 'kids programme' that is DrWho, I really cannot believe grown up adults watch that garbage. 

I watch it because my 11 year old son expects me to watch it with him.

I can't believe people watch garbage like Eastenders, Coronation Street et al, but millions do!

I don't really see why this is a big deal at all. Since 2005 every single Doctor they have cast has been a bold, leftfield and interesting choice and only Capaldi and Ecclestone have even been anything like household names. Every doctor they have cast has been different to the last and is someone who has the ability to bring something new and different to the role. I actually think it would have been far more surprising and far more inconsistent with previous casting for Kris Marshall to be given the role - Jodie Whittaker is far more in keeping with previous casting choices.

Was hoping it would be Carey Mulligan who played Sally Sparrow - anyway not watch Dr Who for a long time now, the story/plot lines have just become to ridiculous (yes even for Dr Who) and some of the under lying story/arc plots are stupidly (and intentionally) confusing, nonsensical and outright ridiculous.

39 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I've not enjoyed Capaldi at all as the doctor, but continued to watch because I enjoy the show. 

I cant believe how many people are losing their shit about a female having been cast. 

She's a great actress and I'm sure she will do a great job. 

'Losing their shit ' interesting choice of words??!!!

15 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I don't really see why this is a big deal at all. Since 2005 every single Doctor they have cast has been a bold, leftfield and interesting choice and only Capaldi and Ecclestone have even been anything like household names. Every doctor they have cast has been different to the last and is someone who has the ability to bring something new and different to the role. I actually think it would have been far more surprising and far more inconsistent with previous casting for Kris Marshall to be given the role - Jodie Whittaker is far more in keeping with previous casting choices.

Cuzzzz .. 

The lefty BBC didn't have to put a clit on the Doctor and turn it into Mrs Who.

Mrs Who could have whizzed around in her own Tardis, in her own show, on its own to appease the cock hating feminazi ... Instead of piggy backing another ... Maybe it would have been popular and strong enough to run for fifty years.

23 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Cuzzzz .. 

The lefty BBC didn't have to put a clit on the Doctor and turn it into Mrs Who.

Mrs Who could have whizzed around in her own Tardis, in her own show, on its own to appease the cock hating feminazi ... Instead of piggy backing another ... Maybe it would have been popular and strong enough to run for fifty years.

I am not going to lie to you. I've not wholly understood much of what you have posted. A few points though:

1) It was Chris Chibnall's decision, not the BBC.

2) I have heard nothing to suggest the Doctor is going to be changing names. The Doctor has never been Mr Who and I would be very surprised if the Doctor was Mrs Who. I suspect the Doctor will still be known as the Doctor.

3) Not entirely sure anyone is being appeased. There was hardly a chorus of people demanding a female Doctor, just a few people who thought it might be interesting. Speaking personally, I only wanted an interesting casting choice, which I feel we have got.

4) I really don't get how the character significantly changes due to having breasts and a vagina rather than a cock and balls. 

5) I suspect the fifty years of success for Doctor Who is far more to do with strong storytelling than the genitalia of the actors involved. 

6) I'm pretty certain William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertree, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Christopher Ecclestone, David Tennant, Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi did not succeed in the role because they happened to have a cock and balls but because they are fantastic actors. I myself have a cock and balls. I suspect from your post that you might have a cock and balls too. I don't think my cock and balls particularly qualifies me to star in Doctor Who and I suspect your cock and balls doesn't particularly qualify you to do so either.

7) I find it odd people are talking as though there is some sort of weird precedent set and that this is somehow a problem for Doctor Who. For a start, Doctor Who has always been pretty flexible on the rules of time and space. Regeneration was made up on the spot to sort out a particular plot point. The Tardis impenetrable but this has regularly been forgotten when it suits a plot. Doctor Who regularly changes its rules as it goes along.

8) I accept three years ago a female doctor would have been out of the blue but it has been established in the series, both by the casting of a female Master and by dialogue in the show, that Time Lords can change gender when they regeneration so it is not at all inconsistent with the rules of the story world.

9) I genuinely do not understand these poor ickle male snowflakes who feel desperately upset and threatened because one in thirteen of a fictional two-hearted shapeshifting alien's regenerations have made them female. It's not really a high percentage, is it?

10) My guess is that the result of this casting is a few confusing people who are overconcerned with the balance of testosterone and oestrogen in someone's body will stop watching the show. A few people will watch because the Doctor is female and the vast majority of the audience won't really care and will carry on as before. 

6 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I am not going to lie to you.

I am not going to lie to you either.

I started reading your post then decided I was not going to read all that.

There could have easily made a time Dames as a offshoot.

Let it stand let it fall.

Keeping their politics out.

Keeping gender isshoos out.

History of Dr Who is Timelords are male.

The Master was male.

Only glitch was Missy who was a Master but then she got called Missy not Master because she could not be.

Missy was also a baddie, a very baddie.

That's it.

But not now.

PC box ticking.

TV as a propaganda weapon.

1 hour ago, Sixtyseconds said:

I am not going to lie to you either.

I started reading your post then decided I was not going to read all that.

There could have easily made a time Dames as a offshoot.

Let it stand let it fall.

Keeping their politics out.

Keeping gender isshoos out.

History of Dr Who is Timelords are male.

The Master was male.

Only glitch was Missy who was a Master but then she got called Missy not Master because she could not be.

Missy was also a baddie, a very baddie.

That's it.

But not now.

PC box ticking.

TV as a propaganda weapon.

I entirely agree with keeping "gender issues" out of it. But those of us who are perfectly fine with a female doctor are the ones not making an issue out of gender. You are the one making this a gender issue, not Chibnall or the BBC.

You didn't want to read my long post so I'll make this simple and ask one question:

Do you REALLY sit watching TV shows spending your entire time glancing at the crotch of the main characters just to check whether there is a bulge or not? I am assuming the answer must be "yes" because, if it was "no" then I cannot see any possible reason why this could possibly be an issue.

Personally I watch Doctor Who and focus on the story rather than exactly where the cast members have bulges in their clothing. 

Tom Baker spent years travelling around with a Timelady in the 70s. Not sure what all the fuss is about. Dr Who has always had strong female characters.

Each regeneration offers the opportunity to bring a different personality to the Dr. Getting harder to diversify that when you only cast white males in the role.

On 7/18/2017 at 15:41, Major Isewater said:

The Doctor waking up and finding out he's in a woman's body has all the hallmarks of a Rudolph Hucker  story .

Like Star Trek TOS "Turnabout Intruder", when Kirk is turned into a woman!...That was a disaster too.

They could have met in the middle and had Eddie Izzard !

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 15:04, Sixtyseconds said:

The Time Lords of Gallifrey were male.

The Time Lords could only regenerate into another mutation of themselves not Tits and a Fanny.

The left wing Feminazi will have the Daleks baking cakes and washing up as well ....

Only a matter of time before we have gay Daleks: Exfoliate, exfoliate!!

On 17/07/2017 at 15:08, RedM said:

To be honest I liked her in Broadchurch and she could do a lot better than that 'kids programme' that is DrWho, I really cannot believe grown up adults watch that garbage. 

You could do well as a TV critic.

They are all angry people too.

Take a ******* chill-pill before you explode.

tfj

Archived