IGNORED

After your first team lose 20-5 to 100 kids...

Nibor

We did something like this at school where we picked out the best 6 players from the year and they played about 25 of the rest.

The 6 won easily. Obviously there are only so many you can fit on a pitch before its impossible to pass the ball - shielding off the ball and dragging players out of position must be quite easy as well.

Makes me wonder what the point of it was supposed to be.

2 minutes ago, Pezo said:

We did something like this at school where we picked out the best 6 players from the year and they played about 25 of the rest.

The 6 won easily. Obviously there are only so many you can fit on a pitch before its impossible to pass the ball - shielding off the ball and dragging players out of position must be quite easy as well.

Makes me wonder what the point of it was supposed to be.

We too did similar at a school camp (Treginnis - if you went to Luckwell, you knows)

I was selected as a captain and immediately picked one of my fellow Year 6's whom iirc played for City academy and was long rumoured to be a cousin of Louis Carey (urban myth me thinks now but at the time, we all thought he was the dogs bits...)

Cue uproar from the other assembled kids as I didn't pick the only adult available as first pick. 

I went on to select the next lad who was shit hot in goal and so on etc.

Sure enough, my team beat the team with the adult in it. Hahahahaha. 

On 17 July 2017 at 21:03, Septic Peg said:

We too did similar at a school camp (Treginnis - if you went to Luckwell, you knows)

I was selected as a captain and immediately picked one of my fellow Year 6's whom iirc played for City academy and was long rumoured to be a cousin of Louis Carey (urban myth me thinks now but at the time, we all thought he was the dogs bits...)

Cue uproar from the other assembled kids as I didn't pick the only adult available as first pick. 

I went on to select the next lad who was shit hot in goal and so on etc.

Sure enough, my team beat the team with the adult in it. Hahahahaha. 

Was the adult Ian Holloway?

Archived