IGNORED

Hull the new Blackpool?

Big Red Rich

30 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Cant help but think that could be one of the relegation spots taken up, they're like a sinking ship right now. 

Cant help but feel sorry for clubs like Hull, Blackburn, Charlton, Blackpool etc. 

I'm not sure what I've missed..? Why do you think Hull will sink like a stone? I'd have had them down as likely for the play offs, unless something particular has happened. 

19 minutes ago, The goal is that way said:

Feel sorry for Hull!!!! They made it to the Prem. They lived the dream. What about us lot. struggling championship/ top league 1 team! Quite possibly going to be relegated this year! I'd love to have been a Hull fan or Blackpool, Leeds Bradford,Portsmouth etc

You chose which one then

bye x

22 minutes ago, The goal is that way said:

Feel sorry for Hull!!!! They made it to the Prem. They lived the dream. What about us lot. struggling championship/ top league 1 team! Quite possibly going to be relegated this year! I'd love to have been a Hull fan or Blackpool, Leeds Bradford,Portsmouth etc

You think Blackpool & Portsmouth fans have been living the dream..?! 

I agree that Hull don't pull at my heart strings, but those other two have been through a torrid time in the name of supporting their clubs. 

Wiki has their squad at 24 currently. However, that includes 4 GK. Elmohamody, Moloney & Robertson are all touted to leave, taking outfield players to 17. Those 17 include 4 scholars, one who has just left on a season long loan and Ryan Mason who is still recovering from a fractured skull.

I reckon they have a choice of 11 plus kids for 10 outfield positions. That spells trouble in anyone's book. After last years last minute Bruce resignation suggesting all wasn't well, and Allam getting all stroppy because he can't change the name and not putting cash in as a result the evidence suggests they are in trouble with a capital T...

6 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:
3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You think Blackpool & Portsmouth fans have been living the dream..?! 

I agree that Hull don't pull at my heart strings, but those other two have been through a torrid time in the name of supporting their clubs. 

You chose which one then

bye x

6 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

You chose which one then

bye x

They lived the dream. We rejoiced at winning league 1 and the ' lower league cup'. They all played the top teams week in week out all be it for possibly only a year. Can't change a thing. I'm a city fan( it'll never change) but they've all had at least two years that were far more successful than I've seen at city in nearly 30 years of watching. 

1 minute ago, The goal is that way said:

They lived the dream. We rejoiced at winning league 1 and the ' lower league cup'. They all played the top teams week in week out all be it for possibly only a year. Can't change a thing. I'm a city fan( it'll never change) but they've all had at least two years that were far more successful than I've seen at city in nearly 30 years of watching. 

Just 30?  Support for me is not dependent on what league we are in, tbh I cannot envy any supporter of another club, because they don't support the mighty Bristol City.

Hic,

4 minutes ago, The goal is that way said:

I'd be very happy to never get to the prem, if it ended up the same way as Blackpool. 

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'd be very happy to never get to the prem, if it ended up the same way as Blackpool. 

Im not bothered when I think about it. Not really up for getting promoted, getting slapped about week in week out, getting relegated the next season and then desperately trying to cling to the surprisingly smooth slope that is the Championship. Much rather have the experience of seeing my team week in week out, not really bothered who we're playing too much.

27 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Got to agree.

I know it wasn't the prem. but look what happened to us after our spell in the top division "living the dream"

It was great while it lasted but after the freefall, it took years to recover

42 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Wiki has their squad at 24 currently. However, that includes 4 GK. Elmohamody, Moloney & Robertson are all touted to leave, taking outfield players to 17. Those 17 include 4 scholars, one who has just left on a season long loan and Ryan Mason who is still recovering from a fractured skull.

I reckon they have a choice of 11 plus kids for 10 outfield positions. That spells trouble in anyone's book. After last years last minute Bruce resignation suggesting all wasn't well, and Allam getting all stroppy because he can't change the name and not putting cash in as a result the evidence suggests they are in trouble with a capital T...

They've also got parachute payments and a direct link to any Chelsea players being loaned out due to their new Managers' close friendship with Abramovich. I wouldn't worry too much about them when we still have a lot of work to do ourselves.

39 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Elmohamady has joined Villa today, I'm pretty sure Mahoney has already gone, he failed a medical at Aberdeen last week and is out of contract.

The 4 keepers includes Jakupovic (joining Leicester) and Marshall who has just picked up a long term injury.

Their new Russian coach has already borrowed one Chelsea kid from his mate Abramovich but I think they are limited to a maximum of 2 from one club.

They look as big a mess as they did last summer, what a complete contrast to Boro, who came down with them..

3 minutes ago, The goal is that way said:

Wouldn't it be nice just to experience the premier league maybe just once in your lifetime!!

Experience it, yes, of course. 

Not jeopardise the future of our club in chasing it, or trying to stay there if we got there. 

If we could do a Burnley, yes. 

If we became a basket case club, even like Watford who stay there but have gone mental, then no, not really appealing. 

20 hours ago, The goal is that way said:

Wouldn't it be nice just to experience the premier league maybe just once in your lifetime!!

It might be nice yes but not at the price of perhaps not having a club to support afterwards. It`s only a matter of time before football eats itself and the dominoes will start to fall and `big` clubs start going to the wall - QPR, Wolves, Birmingham all spring to mind.

The way we are run will enable us to ride out the storm IMO and I for one would rather we didn`t jeopardise the future chasing an impossible dream.

22 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Im not bothered when I think about it. Not really up for getting promoted, getting slapped about week in week out, getting relegated the next season and then desperately trying to cling to the surprisingly smooth slope that is the Championship. Much rather have the experience of seeing my team week in week out, not really bothered who we're playing too much.

Absolutely the opposite for me. I strive to see my team achieve as much as possible and dream of playing at the highest level. That's why I support my team and spend money on the club.. To see it grow and progress. I want to see us up against the best the country has to offer, not slum it with the likes of Port Vale and Oldham. Each to their own though.

23 hours ago, The goal is that way said:

Blimey, imagine being a fan of that lot and actually living in those northern dives! I'd simply just have to choose Pompey!

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

It might be nice yes but not at the price of perhaps not having a club to support afterwards. It`s only a matter of time before football eats itself and the dominoes will start to fall and `big` clubs start going to the wall - QPR, Wolves, Birmingham all spring to mind.

The way we are run will enable us to ride out the storm IMO and I for one would rather we didn`t jeopardise the future chasing an impossible dream.

hopefully not impossible, but I get where you're coming from.

22 hours ago, Redtucks said:

Got to agree.

I know it wasn't the prem. but look what happened to us after our spell in the top division "living the dream"

sorry to keep posting but it doesn't have to end that way.

23 hours ago, The goal is that way said:

What, and have to read post after post moaning that we haven't signed Ronaldo, Messi and Harry Kane?

36 minutes ago, pillred said:

sorry to keep posting but it doesn't have to end that way.

No, not if it's don't properly. We are trying to do it properly. 

If it doesn't work then so be it. I'd rather that than jeopardising the future of the club. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

No, not if it's don't properly. We are trying to do it properly. 

If it doesn't work then so be it. I'd rather that than jeopardising the future of the club. 

agree, lets hope the properly way works.

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 22:40, Redtucks said:

Got to agree.

Have we ever recovered?

Archived