IGNORED

Naturally Bang Average

WTFiGO!?!

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

harsh!!

It's relative, isn't it?  If you asked a dyed in the wool Real Madrid fan what they thought of Scott Murray (if they even knew him) they would probably deem him as shit.

'Bang Average' players are on that thin line between 'quite good' and 'pretty shit' in relation to other City players of his era.  It's a fine line to walk, ironically quite impressive!

Jamie Mac is a good shout.  I can't remember him doing anything special ever (I literally can not recall anything to personally associate him with) but always expected him to start and would've been surprised if he were suddenly dropped.  

Not a major tryer, not exciting, not shit - just bang average. 

2 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

It's relative, isn't it?  If you asked a dyed in the wool Real Madrid fan what they thought of Scott Murray (if they even knew him) they would probably deem him as shit.

'Bang Average' players are on that thin line between 'quite good' and 'pretty shit' in relation to other City players of his era.  It's a fine line to walk, ironically quite impressive!

Jamie Mac is a good shout.  I can't remember him doing anything special ever (I literally can not recall anything to personally associate him with) but always expected him to start and would've been surprised if he were suddenly dropped.  

just thought Bristol 86 saying every player we had ever had was bang average was a bit of an exaggeration.

9 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

I always remember when he defended he used his large arse to great effect maybe bang but not average.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Two free kick goals in the same game vs Argyle?!

Such a thing never happened. I think you might be confusing him with Mickey Bell who did that.

I can remember him scoring from an overhead kick once, can't remember who against.

1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

Such a thing never happened. I think you might be confusing him with Mickey Bell who did that.

I can remember him scoring from an overhead kick once, can't remember who against.

Good grief you are correct, my sincere apologies to you and @WTFiGO!?! - Matron! Stop my Merlot supply immediately, having disastrous consequences!

Seriously though, I'm worried how I got those two mixed up! 

Cheers for putting me straight....

43 minutes ago, pillred said:

just thought Bristol 86 saying every player we had ever had was bang average was a bit of an exaggeration.

I agree with you.  I presumed it was tongue in cheek as unless you believe John Atyeo was comparable to Kevin Nugent of Shaun Taylor was the same as Julian Watts then to believe that every single player ever was bang average is damn right illogical.

22 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Good grief you are correct, my sincere apologies to you and @WTFiGO!?! - Matron! Stop my Merlot supply immediately, having disastrous consequences!

Mickey Bell also had a more than average sized arse (I clearly remember his 'nappy shorts' waddling up and down the left) so maybe that's what's distorted your memory?

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

try Shiraz instead or if totally rich Chateauneuf du Pape :-)

6 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

I agree with you.  I presumed it was tongue in cheek as unless you believe John Atyeo was comparable to Kevin Nugent of Shaun Taylor was the same as Julian Watts then to believe that every single player ever was bang average is damn right illogical.

Mickey Bell also had a more than average sized arse (I clearly remember his 'nappy shorts' waddling up and down the left) so maybe that's what's distorted your memory?

And we got him cheap......

10 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Following on from Mozo's 'Naturally Gifted' thread, I thought we could do a sequel; which players do you consider the most naturally bang average to play for City?  

I'm not talking shit (for a change!) or underrated players or cult heroes, but players who were just about worthy of a place in the team if not at all very inspiring or memorable?

I'm finding it quite difficult actually.....  

How would you be naturally bang average at football???

Archived