Korey Smith

FORWARDS
Famara Diédhiou
Milan Đurić
Gustav Engvall
Freddie Hinds
Matty Taylor
Aaron Wilbraham

Interesting to see that there is no sign of  De Girolamo, McCoulsky, looks like another season on loan for these guys.  Also interesting to see Freddie Hinds has made the cut, he seems to have had a lot of playing time through pre-season.

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Vyner, Kelly, Bryan, Morrell, Reid, Hinds, would be the ones to ask. 

And O'Leary! With these as well as the young players that have been brought in, thats a very young looking squad. 

Good to see Đurić is out there, hopefully that means that he is recovering from his groin problem. 

17 minutes ago, shelts said:

Feel a little sorry for the kids . Is there really a pathway to the first team?

so you don't see the kids in that squad?, Hinds Vyner, Morrell, Vyner, Kelly, O'Leary,  What about the first team players who came through the youth team Goldbourne Reid and Bryan,

Yea no progress from the youth team in this squad whatsoever 

• Admin

Curious as to what has happened with McClousky he suddenly went missing in pre-seaon, can only assume he got injured?

But looking at some of the names above, clearly injured players have gone, which I guess is more for the team bonding side of things?

Diego has a knock I believe. Not sure what the reasoning is for some players travelling despite injuries and some not , probably to do with loan moves I imagine.

Been impressed with what I've seen of Freddie Hinds so far though. I was watching the training session last night and a few highlights of the pre-season games and he looked sharp. Hopefully he can get a good loan move to League 2 or Conference and start progressing. I feel he has more potential than McCoulsky does, probably close in abilities now tbh.

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

Curious as to what has happened with McClousky he suddenly went missing in pre-seaon, can only assume he got injured?

But looking at some of the names above, clearly injured players have gone, which I guess is more for the team bonding side of things?

the injured players who went must be in Johnsons first team plans, while the youngsters who have gone must have impressed in some form during training and pre-season so have also gone imo

14 minutes ago, WRERE said:

Diego has a knock I believe. Not sure what the reasoning is for some players travelling despite injuries and some not , probably to do with loan moves I imagine.

Been impressed with what I've seen of Freddie Hinds so far though. I was watching the training session last night and a few highlights of the pre-season games and he looked sharp. Hopefully he can get a good loan move to League 2 or Conference and start progressing. I feel he has more potential than McCoulsky does, probably close in abilities now tbh.

I've definitely been more impressed by Hinds than McLousky. 

I'm glad to see he's been taken on this trip. 

39 minutes ago, WRERE said:

Hinds is one of the two lads we signed from Luton isn't he ?

Nice to hear he's impressing

29 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Hinds is one of the two lads we signed from Luton isn't he ?

Nice to hear he's impressing

Yeh we signed him from Luton. I don't remember us signing two players from them though. Hopefully a good loan move to a League 2 club and with solid progression we could see him in the first team at around 21, or even earlier if we have the faith in him.

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

so you don't see the kids in that squad?, Hinds Vyner, Morrell, Vyner, Kelly, O'Leary,  What about the first team players who came through the youth team Goldbourne Reid and Bryan,

Yea no progress from the youth team in this squad whatsoever 

Its common place for managers to take a few youngsters out on pre season tours, its during the season we'll see if this 'pathway' they tend to talk a lot about truly exists.

For me until the manager starts throwing players into games and showing them that they're trusted to do their jobs, this pathway is all a bit of a myth.

Perhaps things are changing now, and I hope we do see Hinds, Vyner, Morrell, Kelly and O'Leary get a few minutes next season. But other than Vyner like last season when we had no other option, I highly doubt it. 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

He threw a hissy fit in one of the recent friendlies - perhaps he had heated words with the management team that were not appreciated.

7 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

He threw a hissy fit in one of the recent friendlies - perhaps he had heated words with the management team that were not appreciated.

Have you got any sources to say these 'heated words' did happen or is it just guesswork from yourself? 

Just now, Carey 6 said:

Have you got any sources to say these 'heated words' did happen or is it just guesswork from yourself? 

Anyone who was there saw it, he was being a bit of a dick. Getting angry at DDG for not passing. He is injured now I'm pretty certain. 

8 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Anyone who was there saw it, he was being a bit of a dick. Getting angry at DDG for not passing. He His pride  is injured now I'm pretty certain. 

9 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

No sources whatsoever and not really guessing, simply wondering why he did not go to Tenerife, hence the reason I said perhaps.

Perhaps he is injured, perhaps he is going on loan, but I have no idea personally.

Archived