IGNORED

Struggle

Langford Red

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

In the last 8 games we collected 13pts out of 24pts available and the prev 8 brought us only 2 wins; an improvement on our record breaking rubbish results between Dec and March maybe but nothing to strike fear into this div there I`m afraid.

I'd be more than happy with that last 8 game form all season. Equates to 75 points - 7th position last season. So even better than the mid table that I'm hoping for. 

1 hour ago, glos old boy said:

In the last 8 games we collected 13pts out of 24pts available and the prev 8 brought us only 2 wins; an improvement on our record breaking rubbish results between Dec and March maybe but nothing to strike fear into this div there I`m afraid.

Those last 8 games included the defeat at Brentford followed by the shocking capitulation and humiliation at PNE, but we did get 4 wins after that when it really mattered - well, it really mattered at Brentford and PNE too, but the main thing is we did it in the end.

We had that vital season saving winning run, but overall unconvincing and inconsistent as hammered home by the unacceptably lacklustre last day damp squib v. Brum.

10 hours ago, icegas said:

Surely City now as a club given the set up you now have should be aiming for the premiership sometime soon?

The championship is such a strange league where those thin margins and key cogs make the difference between being a bottom half side and a promotion side..

Even as I gashead I would be very suprised if your club does not get into the premiership within 5 years if you get those key cogs in place.

sit waiting for the day but your guys give me more laughs, melt in peace

5 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

:laugh: - you have quoted me in a quote I haven't said. No need for all the bollocks trying to sound clever.

The concept is basic, that's the whole point. Someone needs to score 20 goals, plus what the others contributed last season. There will not be a sudden change in goals from other positions, I'm pretty sure about that.

I paraphrased...

First bolded part, yes it is.

Second bolded part, no, they do not.

18 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Maybe due to the threat of relegation and reduced wages. A season of struggle is inevitable unless we bring in players

Just now, Thatch35 said:

There we go again. Trying to be clever and can't even discuss my point silly little chav.

Oh dear, throwing insults, the sign that you do not have a cohesive argument.

Huddersfield scored less goals than us, didn't have a 20 goal striker and were promoted.

When we reached the playoff final our top scorer had what, 8-12 goals?

On 18/07/2017 at 21:37, Bicester Red said:

Lets be honest

Unless some big tansfer activity comes before the start of the season

We will struggle  

We have bought a £5 mil plus Striker,  who has a very poor record of scoring!

Transfers will have to start happening soon

I am already worried for us in this coming season

We cn not continue with the last season team, who struggled to stay up 

I think there will be something happening, but the new season is very close, and the team need to jell now not during the first 2 months 

Let's be honest, we bought a few players in last season and we have only seen glimpses of what they are capable of (once Lee eventually went 4-4-2 to keep us up).

£5.3M is a big price and far more than we paid for Kodjia, so they must see something in the lad to go for it.

The season hasn't started yet and we all know that Bryan and Flint are likely to be gone, so it will be interesting to see who we bring in this strengthen. Don't forget we have a few players like Magnússon & Taylor-Moore who could come in and do a job. Even Hegeler can play a defensive role.

It's not just about splashing cash in every transfer window, it's about building the right team with the right balance, but with strength in depth to cover for the likely injuries over the course of a season.

Yeah Tammy has gone, but this season hasn't started yet. November time is when we should start threads like this in my opinion?!

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Let's be honest, we bought a few players in last season and we have only seen glimpses of what they are capable of (once Lee eventually went 4-4-2 to keep us up).

£5.3M is a big price and far more than we paid for Kodjia, so they must see something in the lad to go for it.

The season hasn't started yet and we all know that Bryan and Flint are likely to be gone, so it will be interesting to see who we bring in this strengthen. Don't forget we have a few players like Magnússon & Taylor-Moore who could come in and do a job. Even Hegeler can play a defensive role.

It's not just about splashing cash in every transfer window, it's about building the right team with the right balance, but with strength in depth to cover for the likely injuries over the course of a season.

Yeah Tammy has gone, but this season hasn't started yet. November time is when we should start threads like this in my opinion?!

Thanks CM - diarised accordingly. :)

I believe the OP to be unduly pessimistic. I am thinking midtable, perhaps lower midtable.

Time will tell but the likes of Magnússon, Brownhill, O'Dowda, Paterson all have a season of Championship football all under their belt.

Regards Wright, Hegeler, Djurić, Taylor they all joined midseason during a relegation scrap.

Never easy- Wright adjusted excellently, the others time will tell but it will be easier now with a full preseason behind them especially Hegeler and Đurić coming from foreign leagues.

Provided we lose nobody then I am thinking midtable or thereabouts.

26 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I believe the OP to be unduly pessimistic. I am thinking midtable, perhaps lower midtable.

Time will tell but the likes of Magnússon, Brownhill, O'Dowda, Paterson all have a season of Championship football all under their belt.

Regards Wright, Hegeler, Djurić, Taylor they all joined midseason during a relegation scrap.

Never easy- Wright adjusted excellently, the others time will tell but it will be easier now with a full preseason behind them especially Hegeler and Đurić coming from foreign leagues.

Provided we lose nobody then I am thinking midtable or thereabouts.

Id like to know from those that were here before this internet crap.

How many of you are full of doom and gloom, and have given up the ghost before a ball is kicked?

All things are relative.  It's all subjective.  

Why be so self-righteous about it? 

I predict we will win the league with 138 points and a +100 goal difference so cheer up you negative vibe merchants!  I've had enough of your apococliptic thinking.

On 18/07/2017 at 20:37, Bicester Red said:

Lets be honest

Unless some big tansfer activity comes before the start of the season

We will struggle  

We have bought a £5 mil plus Striker,  who has a very poor record of scoring!

Transfers will have to start happening soon

I am already worried for us in this coming season

We cn not continue with the last season team, who struggled to stay up 

I think there will be something happening, but the new season is very close, and the team need to jell now not during the first 2 months 

Utter balls. We're gonna pi55 this league this season. 

Archived