IGNORED

Struggle

Langford Red

With all due respect to the moderators of the forum, elsewhere a thread like this would have been immediately merged with another of a similar vein. 

I am more than happy with the way this board is moderated, which generally treats the posters like adults and lets us get on with it, unfortunately that means occasionally we have to deal with drivel like this as people can't be trusted to post sensibly.

8 minutes ago, iamsober said:

this system doesn't like I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!

Blame @Robbored, his lack of restraint from posting in threads he was uninterested in with the Z's has resulted in the lost of them for ever :thumbsup:

I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!     dammit !!!

4 minutes ago, awbb said:

With all due respect to the moderators of the forum, elsewhere a thread like this would have been immediately merged with another of a similar vein. 

I am more than happy with the way this board is moderated, which generally treats the posters like adults and lets us get on with it, unfortunately that means occasionally we have to deal with drivel like this as people can't be trusted to post sensibly.

Do you mean drivel like you posted  ?

Each to their own and all that but...

If you can't somehow get the optimism to look forward to a new season in mid July irrespective of the state of a club you support that is sad. 

But we have smashed our transfer record on a striker and still people aren't happy! No I haven't seen him play but I am happy to trust the judgement of others who presumably have done their due diligence etc. 

I admit I am glass half full most of the time but it must be sad if you can't feel even a tiny bit of optimism pre-season. 

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

Losing Tammy and Tomlin (on their day the best in the club) and replacing with an unknown French striker ( ok Kodjia was class) hardly inspires the fans when you see the transfer activity of other top clubs like Boro Villa Leeds and so on 

Im more than happy to settle in the Championship for a few years to come but you still have a deep down worry that there is not a lot different from last season apart from losing 2 quality players

I,ll take mid table now and with the likes of Millwall  Burton Bolton and a few others we should be ok

Thw thought of another season like the last one destroys me and makes me wonder why I our myself through it

Simple please City

Mid table come March 2018

No high blood pressure 

1. What on earth makes you think we are a "top club"? (The use of the word "other" qualifies us as such in your post. We are a small club at this level" trying to inprove our stature, NOT a top club.)

2. £80m odd got Villa where last season? They are risking everything on promotion before their parachute payments run out. 

I had a conversation about this with a pretty knowledgable Villa fan, they are on the borderline of FFP rules as it is, next season they will be in danger of breaching them despite parachute payments if they do not go up.

"Not much difference to last season except losing 2 top quality players"

One of them we knew was leaving as he was never our player. We have just smashed our transfer record on a signing in that position.

The other player had 2-3 good performances at most last season, the rest of the time he was a hinderance more than a help.

We've lost 2 players from the squad that finished the season strongly,

1 was Tammy who was replaced with the French lad

the other was little who was replace with the Italian, we are no worse off,

i pretty sure millwall, burton, Ipswich, qpr, forest  Wîll all finish below us,

the other problem is thanks to parachute payments and ffp it's impossible for us to compete with any team that have been relegated in the last 5 years from the prem and by my count that's around 8

which puts bang on course for mid table

43 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Blame @Robbored, his lack of restraint from posting in threads he was uninterested in with the Z's has resulted in the lost of them for ever.

I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!     dammit !!!

z z z z z z z z z z      :rofl2br:

The actual fact is that we're a great club with shit fans.

Never happy, waiting for the next crisis.

Loads of fat ******* in Stone Island who still think it's 1987.

Luckily our infrastructure has now overtaken our small time aspirations. 

36 minutes ago, robinreliant said:

Had to like this post.

34 minutes ago, robinreliant said:

I like this one as well

You shop at Aldi don't you?

15 minutes ago, Oops said:

The actual fact is that we're a great club with shit fans.

Never happy, waiting for the next crisis.

Loads of fat ******* in Stone Island who still think it's 1987.

Luckily our infrastructure has now overtaken our small time aspirations. 

Great club with shit fans? How does that work? 

Great house with shit bricks?

Great army with shit soldiers?

Great school with shit pupils?

It's a fact that what you posted as actual fact is not an actual fact at all, it's nothing more than your dim-witted opinion.

1 minute ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Great club with shit fans? How does that work? 

Great house with shit bricks?

Great army with shit soldiers?

Great school with shit pupils?

It's a fact that what you posted as actual fact is not an actual fact at all, it's nothing more than your dim-witted opinion.

Nailed it mate.

OPINION.

same as your dim-witted one.

33 minutes ago, Swede said:

That's it, can I be the first to say 

JOHNSON OUT!

OP look on the bright side you could be watching football in tents with a fishy season ticket bought for a tenner

This shit ^^^

Is what we're up against.

8 minutes ago, Oops said:

Nailed it mate.

OPINION.

same as your dim-witted one.

You stated yours and I quote as "actual fact".

I hope we do brilliantly this season, I agree though with the OP that we will struggle.

I used to get really pissed off with people I perceived as negative, Ashtonyate was a legendary pessimist on here.

Now I've gone for the ultimate anti-debate.  I'm not an optimist or a pessimist, I'm a self-declared realist ;)

I think we will struggle like shit this season and will only be too happy to be proved wrong in May.  

This is not a psychological covering of all bets (which I used to accuse 'pessimists' of), it is actually what I really think and feel.

coyr

3 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

You stated yours and I quote as "actual fact".

I hope we do brilliantly this season, I agree though with the OP that we will struggle.

I used to get really pissed off with people I perceived as negative, Ashtonyate was a legendary pessimist on here.

Now I've gone for the ultimate anti-debate.  I'm not an optimist or a pessimist, I'm a self-declared realist ;)

I think we will struggle like shit this season and will only be too happy to be proved wrong in May.  

This is not a psychological covering of all bets (which I used to accuse 'pessimists' of), it is actually what I really think and feel.

coyr

Sounds like you're covering all the bases to me.

If we're shit you'll gloat, if we're average you'll gloat, and if we're great you'll be the first to jump the barrier.

I'll just be there supporting the team, minding my own business and loving Bristol City.

3 hours ago, Bicester Red said:

Lets be honest

Unless some big tansfer activity comes before the start of the season

We will struggle  

We have bought a £5 mil plus Striker,  who has a very poor record of scoring!

Transfers will have to start happening soon

I am already worried for us in this coming season

We cn not continue with the last season team, who struggled to stay up 

I think there will be something happening, but the new season is very close, and the team need to jell now not during the first 2 months 

I think Famara's goal scoring stats are good considering he has been sent out on loan a few times and scored 8 goals in the French top division.

IMG_0466.PNG

Archived