IGNORED

England Women Euro 2017 (Merged)

To be honest, we don't deserve to be in the game anyway. 2 or 3 decent players but the rest are shockingly bad tonight.

Steph Houghton seems to think that clattering the ball 40 yards to no-one in particular is what they need :gasmask:

8 minutes ago, Oops said:

To be honest, we don't deserve to be in the game anyway. 2 or 3 decent players but the rest are shockingly bad tonight.

Steph Houghton seems to think that clattering the ball 40 yards to no-one in particular is what they need :gasmask:

Uh. We seem to reckon we're getting 9m for a centre half who does the very same thing!

5 minutes ago, bcfcRobbo said:

Genuine question and, putting any snobbery of the women's game aside, how far down the men's football pyramid would you have to go to find a team the Eng women could beat???

I doubt there is one. the quality tonight has been shocking. and this is a semi-final ffs

7 minutes ago, bcfcRobbo said:

Genuine question and, putting any snobbery of the women's game aside, how far down the men's football pyramid would you have to go to find a team the Eng women could beat???

A long way. Have hardly ever watched any women's football but I was genuinely surprised at how poor the standard was. There seems to be more and more interest and investment however so I'm guessing it can only get better 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

A long way. Have hardly ever watched any women's football but I was genuinely surprised at how poor the standard was. There seems to be more and more interest and investment however so I'm guessing it can only get better 

spot on. all the hype in the media would have you believe that it is catching up with the mens game.  no way

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Until flair and ability are valued more than work rate and how far you can smash a ball, we'll stay the same. They're just clones of each other, playing the same game EVERY game.

13 minutes ago, bcfcRobbo said:

There's a post earlier in the thread about a couple of international women's teams getting hammered by U15's team. Not sure how true it is, but there's your answer. 

It's still relatively new as a professional sport isn't it. I'm sure men's teams from the early days would get royally spanked by loads of teams low down in the football pyramid these days. The standards will improve no doubt. We have a few decent players. Bronze, Matty Taylor's missus.

Archived